Thread: Haruki Murakami

2 Not allowed!

Haruki Murakami

Is anyone else a fan of his? I have read IQ84, Norwegian Wood, After Dark, and The Wind Up Bird Chronicle. I am trying to decide which of his works to read next.

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain." Marin's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Is anyone else a fan of his? I have read IQ84, Norwegian Wood, After Dark, and The Wind Up Bird Chronicle. I am trying to decide which of his works to read next.
    I am huge fan of his, I think I have read everything by him read Kafka on the Shore and A Wild Sheep chase

1 Not allowed!
    Hey, fellow Murakami lover!
    Well, actually, I haven't read that much of Murakami's work. I read "Sputnik Sweetheart" and completely fell in love with it. So that's my recommendation.
    I am currently reading "What I talk about when I talk about running". This one is not fictional, but very interesting.
    Since we're talking about a Japanese writer, may I talk about Yoshimoto Banana? I love her book "Kitchen". I think if you liked Murakami you might like this one as well.
    All of the books you mentioned are in my to-read list.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marin View Post
    I am huge fan of his, I think I have read everything by him read Kafka on the Shore and A Wild Sheep chase
    I got Kafka on the Shore as a Christmas present. I think I might have to go to that one first. Thanks for the recommendation! I love the surrealism in his works. His writing is so unique (and I am an American so I am reading the translated versions). I can only imagine how cool it must be in its original Japanese.

I got cat class and I got cat style ♪ solar's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Kafka on the Shore is one of his most acclaimed works, but I still haven't read it yet I'd recommend that one next though! My friend loved it. My favorite is still Wind Up Bird though

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Also, South of the Border, West of the Sun; Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I love Haruki Murakami’s books.

I reccomend Hard-Boiled Wonderland And The End Of The World and Men Without Women.

1 Not allowed!
    I have been looking for some new authors to read and was so intrigued by everyone's remarks about Haruki Murakami that I put a hold on two books at my library -- The Sputnik Sweetheart and The Wind-up Bird Chronicle. It will be nice to have something to read on the plane to San Jose!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    Hey, fellow Murakami lover!
    Well, actually, I haven't read that much of Murakami's work. I read "Sputnik Sweetheart" and completely fell in love with it. So that's my recommendation.
    I am currently reading "What I talk about when I talk about running". This one is not fictional, but very interesting.
    Since we're talking about a Japanese writer, may I talk about Yoshimoto Banana? I love her book "Kitchen". I think if you liked Murakami you might like this one as well.
    All of the books you mentioned are in my to-read list.
    Sputnik sweetheart is also my first murakami book, and what makes me fall in love with his writing. And I am also currently reading "What I talk about when I talk about running". What is the chance of that!