Skating lessons! | Golden Skate

Skating lessons!

doubleoxer

Rinkside
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted here since spring of last year, I believe. I just wanted to update that I'm finally starting my skating lessons tomorrow! :O I'm super super nervous but more than that, I'm really excited! It's going to be my first time on the ice since July! I had injured my foot pretty badly over the summer (unrelated to skating) and ended up losing my motivation to go to the ice due to anxiety issues, but now I'm finally itching to get back out there.

I signed up for an adult beginner skating class at an ice arena nearby and I paid for the whole 6-week course, so there's no way I'd be able to back out of it now due to nerves! :D I'm really excited about this!!!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone!

I haven't posted here since spring of last year, I believe. I just wanted to update that I'm finally starting my skating lessons tomorrow! :O I'm super super nervous but more than that, I'm really excited! It's going to be my first time on the ice since July! I had injured my foot pretty badly over the summer (unrelated to skating) and ended up losing my motivation to go to the ice due to anxiety issues, but now I'm finally itching to get back out there.

I signed up for an adult beginner skating class at an ice arena nearby and I paid for the whole 6-week course, so there's no way I'd be able to back out of it now due to nerves! :D I'm really excited about this!!!

:yay: I'm so excited for you! Have fun and good luck!:biggrin:

SmallAminal

On the Ice
When you start your lessons, I suggest that you let the instructor know about your injury and also about any anxiety/things you are worried about getting back on the ice. Knowing my injury history and also what I was most scared about was helpful to my coach because we could address them from the get go.

Good luck and have fun!