Dress designer issue - help! | Golden Skate

Dress designer issue - help!

babblesska8s

Spectator
We have been getting our dresses from a pretty reputable designer the past 2 seasons. This year we ordered LP and SP from the co back in January. We paid the deposit and last I heard the LP dress wa supposed to have arrived the week of May 30.
Nothing. Radio silence.
There is of course no phone number, just email.
Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen before?
She has always been a little late but not like this. Fairly professional in the grand scheme of things. I would just like to know what has happened.
I do hope there isn’t a major illness or family crisis.
But wow! NO word.
Advice??

VegMom

On the Ice
I have no advice. Just want to say sorry this happened. Hopefully the dress will come or you can find an alternative that works out. Good luck.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
We have been getting our dresses from a pretty reputable designer the past 2 seasons. This year we ordered LP and SP from the co back in January. We paid the deposit and last I heard the LP dress wa supposed to have arrived the week of May 30.
Nothing. Radio silence.
There is of course no phone number, just email.
Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen before?
She has always been a little late but not like this. Fairly professional in the grand scheme of things. I would just like to know what has happened.
I do hope there isn’t a major illness or family crisis.
But wow! NO word.
Advice??

Does she have a twitter or Instagram account? Or Facebook? If so maybe try messaging through one of those.

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Wow. Not long ago we had the disappearing coach and now we have a disappearing designer.

I agree with Tavi's suggestion on trying for an alternate way of contact.
And I would like to suggest that if there is a local costume maker to give them a try next time.

Another thought is that perhaps your order got lost in delivery. But if so, hopefully they were sent out with some sort of tracking.

concorde

Medalist
Hugs to OP! What a nightmare. Have you yet paid for the dresses? If so, you may want to get your credit card company involved.

I assume you have a competition coming up shortly. What are you doing about dresses?

Ducky

On the Ice
I would check on her social media accounts to see if she's been active recently or has posted that she's been ill. Maybe even try reaching out to her on facebook or instagram. Does she have a website or a yelp page, and are others complaining that they haven't received their dresses yet? Also, try emailing again?

If she has a webpage and it's registered to a domain then you can always check with the domain registry for a phone number (which they require to have) and try calling that.

theblade

On the Ice
I have met parents that did not use dressmakers, for various reasons, and would get creative in a pinch. They bought dance bodysuits that fit and cut round skirts to sew on top, or a generic figure skating dress, and blinged them with rhinestones themselves with tools and glue from a craft store. Online videos can help build skills in this regard if you didn't grow up crafting/sewing.

What have other skating parents done in this situation, locally? Can you reach out to them for advise? Other skaters here (some very talented ones) are borrowing dresses for the season, too.

You may get the dresses, you may not - so having a back-up in case it's a no can give you some peace of mind. Good luck!

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yikes.

There was a large-scale dancewear company that went ghost a few years ago, I remember. I had paid for stuff and never heard from them again, and many others did as well. It was crazy.

Point is seek out other customers who may be having the same issue. Zero social media in a business like this where she’s taking remote orders would be highly unusual. Search fb and instagram by the email you use to contact her. That would be my starting point.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It may also be worth a call to consumer protection in her area...surely most businesses must be registered, so they may have a phone number.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, I was going to recommend perhaps contacting the BBB.