Tuktamysheva out of Russian Nats | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva out of Russian Nats

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In hospital with pneumonia. It's possible the Russian Federation could give her a bye to Europeans, but the coaches' council needs to make that decision. Here's hoping for a quick recovery!

Last edited:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
So it’s official that she’s going to the Europeans? That’s great!

rachno2

Record Breaker
I really hope it’s official that she’s going to Europeans.

If so, this makes the selection criteria for spot #3 more clear-cut, at least in theory.

Get well soon, Liza!

icybear

Medalist
I'm glad that will give her an opportunity to prove she should be on the team to Worlds. It would be a shame given how much of a comeback she has made this season.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'm glad that will give her an opportunity to prove she should be on the team to Worlds. It would be a shame given how much of a comeback she has made this season.

I think this is normally the case. Even in 2014 when Adelina and Julia were the clear leaders of the Russian women, they weren't named to the Olympics until after Europeans. But it's great she gets to go to Euros.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think they could have waited until after nats at least to give her the european spot (and basically worlds too). But good for her. It would have been a shame to miss the big competitions after a good first part of season.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^ If they had waited until after Nationals, the fandom would have gone crazy, wondering, wishing, opining on how she deserves to go to Europeans.

I wish Liza a full recovery. I hope she'll give in to some coddling. The more she can rest, she better her healing, and pneumonia can take some time to recover from, even with antibiotics.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well, i was thinking about another unfortunate event.
Their rules say that top 2 at nats is automatically qualified for euros (and in most of cases worlds too). Only the third finisher is vulnerable as fed can give the spot to whoever she wants.
If someone like Zagitova is sick or has an injury just before nats, that will probably mean that she will be out of the team, as fed has already used the safe spot.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Oh no, she skated so great at the GPF. It must have been incubating for her to suddenly fall ill enough to be in the hospital. Pneumonia sucks, I hope she recovers soon.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Glad she got the bye to Euros. She did more than enough to prove herself this season by getting on the podium at every event so far this season, including a GPF bronze. Wishing Liza a full and speedy recovery :)

bobbob

Medalist
She'll get the spot the Euros and Worlds. The only concern is if Alina ALSO missed Nats, which as mentioned above is a really unfortunate situation..

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
In hospital with pneumonia. Russian Federation gave her a bye to Europeans. Here's hoping for a quick recovery!

Ouch! Noooooo.......
https://www.archysport.com/tuktamysheva-hospital-with-pneumonia-news-sportbox-ru/

I feel for her and I have COPD but Even though I have had all my Pneumonia shots I have had pneumonia...... at least many cases respond to antibiotics. But some of those eat connective tissue....like Levaquin. I am sure she is getting the best of care. Airliners are filthy inside and now I wear a Hepa N100 mask when I fly....skaters have to fly so much its a wonder they all dont get sick....best wishes to her for a quick recovery.....

concorde

Medalist
Pneumonia has a long recovery since it affects the lungs.

Regardless of whether or not she has a bye, I wonder if she will be close to competition ready by Europeans. I am speaking from personal experience regarding my own child's bout with pneumonia 2 years. I do wonder if it was coming on during the GPF - my guess is yes and if so, that should tell you how amazing of an athlete she is.

I hope my doubts are wrong and that Liza has a very speedy recovery. ago. We are cheering for you!

Weathergal

Medalist
So heartbroken for Liza when I heard the news! I really was hoping she'd have a chance to shine. She's been doing so well this season! More importantly, I felt awful hearing she had pneumonia as it is NOT pleasant -- plus I was a little worried when I read she'd be in the hospital for two weeks. I hadn't read anything about Europeans so that is very good to hear!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I got pneumonia in early November. I am still drained and find it difficult to do sports and I am not an athlete. I wish her well.

I wonder if she stared coming down with it while at the GPF?