Finlandia Trophy | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy

I believe this competition has been cancelled and the American entries have been rescheduled to the Ondrej Nepela Memorial.

This should be a good one if you follow all skaters and not just the top tier.

Joe

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I believe this competition has been cancelled and the American entries have been rescheduled to the Ondrej Nepela Memorial.
Why were there so few entries? Is it because of this being an Olympics year? I noticed that Susanna Rakhomo is President of the Finland FS Association.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
RealtorGal said:
Why were there so few entries? Is it because of this being an Olympics year? I noticed that Susanna Rakhomo is President of the Finland FS Association.

Because from some strange reason Nebelhorn Trophy was allowed to schedule on much later date than usually and in that way there were almost no skaters for Finlandia Trophy a week after that. If that continues next season, my guess is that the time for Finlandia Trophy event is over?

Last edited:
Jaana said:
Because from some strange reason Nebelhorn Trophy was allowed to schedule on much later date than usually and in that way there were almost no skaters for Finlandia Trophy a week after that. If that continues next season, my guess is that the time for Finlandia Trophy event is over?
Weren't Nebelhorn and Finlandia the two most prestigious events in this class of competitions?

Joe

Miezekatze

Rinkside
Jaana said:
Because from some strange reason Nebelhorn Trophy was allowed to schedule on much later date than usually

Federations can hold competitions whenever they want, they don't need to be "allowed for any strange reasons".

The Finnish federation can move Finlandia Trophy to whenever else too if they want.

Miezekatze said:
Federations can hold competitions whenever they want, they don't need to be "allowed for any strange reasons".

The Finnish federation can move Finlandia Trophy to whenever else too if they want.
Absolutely! To h*ll with the Finns!! Never liked 'em anyway! :laugh: