2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I'm not sure how big Gracie's scores in the LP would be if she skated clean. She's been sloppy or just plain bad all season excluding Nationals.

I think she could score in the high 120s with a clean skate. She wont score as high as Nationals, and the judges will save much higher scores for Kim and Kostner in the final group, but will score quite high still. That said would be surprised if she pulled a clean skate off but would be happy if she does.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It may not happen even then...Tukt will almost certainly be in the bottom of the top ten, so Sotnikova will have to climb over a lot of people.
Well, I think that Meite, Helgesson and Li surely can't reach 115+, and we still have to discover how Gracie will perform, she could either deliver a 125 performance or fall 3 times, Suzuki and Sotnikova should be ahead, Liza could even end up in 9th, so Sotnikova would need to be 4th to gain 3 spots... :think: Possible, but extremely difficult...

ForeverFish

Medalist
Well, I think that Meite, Helgesson and Li surely can't reach 115+, and we still have to discover how Gracie will perform, she could either deliver a 125 performance or fall 3 times, Suzuki and Sotnikova should be ahead, Liza could even end up in 9th, so Sotnikova would need to be 4th to gain 3 spots... :think: Possible, but extremely difficult...

I think Asada, Suzuki, and Wagner would have more than a little to say about that.

figuristka

Medalist
Not only a hockey rink but in another thread it said the air circulation isn't good and its muggy. Alot of the men looked exhausted. Wonder if that was the case.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Yeah Tuktamysheva will probably be 9th or 10th depending how Gold (and to a lesser extent Suzuki) skate. So Sotnikova would need to climb to 3rd or 4th. For that to happen from the 2nd flight she will have to skate lights out, and the final flight will have to drop some bombs, similar to the mens event.

aero

On the Ice

Meite and Helgesson are probably not going to reach 115+ but Li did skate an almost 116 program at FCC just a couple of weeks ago. And I'm waiting with bated breath to see how Suzuki and Wagner do >< The anxiety.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Not only a hockey rink but in another thread it said the air circulation isn't good and its muggy. Alot of the men looked exhausted. Wonder if that was the case.

There is no excuse to not hold such an important event in FS on a smaller surface for such stupid reasons.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Zijun Li can definitely put up 115+. She's also a brand new 16 year old senior this year and I'm guessing we're going to hear a lot more buzz about her going forward. Very talented.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Very true. The Russians have been overhyped for awhile. I still remember in 2010 it being said Kim and Asada had no shot for 2014 if they choose to go for it since the Russian girls were going to take over the event for sure by then. What a joke.

No kidding. They were saying Liza can do 3As out of her sleep walk. Will cream Asada. Well, where is that 3A?
Same with Adelina whose flutz was not called when she was a junior. I remember I was quite annoyed that she consistently got non-call on those flutz. Good thing they caught up to her.
Alena is good for bulimia.
The younger ones, only Elena is somewhat redeemable. Julia, well, everyone know what she likes to do with her legs.

So no, none of them. Maybe send one, Elena.

Selene

On the Ice
Gracie Gold needs to hold it together for once. She needs to prove she's a competitor and not someone who crumbles under pressure. I don't think 3 spots for the US is looking good. Elizaveta will pass Gracie unless she delivers her best performance internationally.