2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies FS 11/22 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies FS 11/22

minze

Medalist
Agreed. Radionova has worked very hard to improve her artistry and 65 PCS for a perfect skate is fine for her. It's astounding how many people scream overscored when she did two perfect skates. Like, what more do you want. 71 TES and 55 PCS?! The system should be rewarding the rare perfect skates.

Agree

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh Alba, you are back already?? Tell me tell me about it!!!

I can't write with this iPad. It's not even mine and it's my first time. :bang: anyway going out for dinner but it was great . Huge improvment and more stamina and better prepared. It's just a matter of time, mark my words. ;):dance: talk later :)

Last edited:

Kelly

On the Ice
Yulia looked like Juliet to me with the new dress, hair-do, and make-up. Congratulations to Elena's new SB of her LP. That's how one of the ways to increase the PCS scores with back to back clean SP (triple-triple) and LP (7 triples).

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Agreed. Radionova has worked very hard to improve her artistry and 65 PCS for a perfect skate is fine for her. It's astounding how many people scream overscored when she did two perfect skates. Like, what more do you want. 71 TES and 55 PCS?! The system should be rewarding the rare perfect skates.

I think it is a case of shell shocked she is 18.25 apart from Julia Lipiniskaya OGM in the FS alone... This is merely the 2nd GP event of the season, we are not onto GPF, WC yet.. the momentum is 'stunning' for a season debut.

Julia at last year 2nd GP skating at home at Cup of Russia with a better program/package only had 63 for example, it was a disaster skate but still... MAJOR home inflation!! Yeah I do think 65 is a bit high for that program, I'd have her around 60 before Sochi season, but currently everyone is inflated, so 63 max (her last outing was 62). Overall I think Russian ladies are over marked by 3-5. For me it has always been about the program/performance and this outing isn't quite special or memorable yet to warrant the hike.

I agree Elena has improved on calming her frantics though... good progress! But overall, the word 'generic' comes to mind when I see her Rach FS.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Whoah, Ashley Wagner trying to throw a 3Lutz+3Toe at the end of her program is one of the last things I would have expected! Where has that fire been??? It used to be a highpoint for her as a skater, she needs to get it back. It's sad how her Flip has gone downhill. I completely hate the tentative, diagonal entrance Arutunian has been having her do. That used to be a powerful jump for her. I'm happy she at least put the Lutz back in, though. It's too bad they will never have her do the best jump layout for her skills.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why are people saying Yulia is depressed?

Because that's what the commentators said, and the commentators are always right... :rolleye:

In her interview she said her life was constant stress. Being stressed is not at all the same thing. She looks quite capable being happy to me.

https://pp.vk.me/c540105/v540105186/1dbd1/MnIe-DggIXM.jpg
https://pp.vk.me/c540105/v540105727/1681a/2csePfw_LNg.jpg

I totally agree that stress and depression are not the same. And stress can be a terrible thing.

But depression is much more serious. And one of the worst things about it is that people with depression are often good at hiding it. So, you need to know what signs to look for.

I'm not saying Julia has got depression. I'm just saying that she is showing some of the signs that could indicate that she may have it.

So, I hope that the people around her are aware of this and are keeping a good eye on her, just in case.

The girl is just learning/breaking in some new boots as part of a long term strategy in terms of health issues. She was in constant pain and always having issues with adjusting things. If she can fix her boot issues and get comfortable with her new pair which she describes as feeling like slippers then she is learning to reduce a major stress in her life to boot ;)

Ouch! That sounds sore! It's bad enough trying to break in a pair of normal shoes. But to try to break in a pair of boots with a knife blade on the bottom?! Like, it would take ages, as you couldn't just go out and about in them! And, hence, you would be suffering the pain for longer.

That is one more reason why I am glad I'm not a skater!

CaroLiza_fan

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Elena: Improved the free skate since its last outing. She's connecting more with the music and looking less like she's going through the motions, especially in the beginning and end. Simply fantastic elements (jumps, spins, footwork).

Yulia: Much better performance of her LP. I'm starting to like the program--like Elena, she's starting to connect with her music more. Sadly, after the mistakes kicked in, the performance kinda went haywire... though she rescued it with the spins at the end.

Ashley: Sad about the skate. Can't believe she lost the free to Hicks. But there are positives: No URs on any jump outside of the -3T, and only a ! for her lutz. Really gutsy to go for 3Lz-3T at the very end. It did look like she was ill, though until she finished, she never let go of the performance.

Really great skate from Mae Berenice Meite. :clap: I'm okay with Artemieva's shirt, but the swimsuit situation underneath was strange. :unsure: Hicks was... well, I tried watching and just couldn't get through it. Note to Haruka Imai: Please skate clean sometime this season. I love your programs!

calbskate

Rinkside
Can someone tell me what the rule is now regarding the number of combo's in the program? I thought you could only do 3 combo's in the program. So julia did two combo's before she repeated the flip. Shouldn't that repeated flip have been counted as a third combo and then the lutz combo she did after that would have been counted as a fourth combo and thus illegal? But from the protocol, she got credit for it. I may be completely wrong. Thanks in advance for your clarification! :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Can someone tell me what the rule is now regarding the number of combo's in the program? I thought you could only do 3 combo's in the program. So julia did two combo's before she repeated the flip. Shouldn't that repeated flip have been counted as a third combo and then the lutz combo she did after that would have been counted as a fourth combo and thus illegal? But from the protocol, she got credit for it. I may be completely wrong. Thanks in advance for your clarification! :)

They changed the rules where a repeated jump is just 3F-REP and scored at 70 percent of the base value.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think it is a case of shell shocked she is 18.25 apart from Julia Lipiniskaya OGM in the FS alone... This is merely the 2nd GP event of the season, we are not onto GPF, WC yet.. the momentum is 'stunning' for a season debut.

Julia at last year 2nd GP skating at home at Cup of Russia with a better program/package only had 63 for example, it was a disaster skate but still... MAJOR home inflation!! Yeah I do think 65 is a bit high for that program, I'd have her around 60 before Sochi season, but currently everyone is inflated, so 63 max (her last outing was 62). Overall I think Russian ladies are over marked by 3-5. For me it has always been about the program/performance and this outing isn't quite special or memorable yet to warrant the hike.

I agree Elena has improved on calming her frantics though... good progress! But overall, the word 'generic' comes to mind when I see her Rach FS.

I don't think her program is anything to shake a stick at in terms of interpretation, but it's packed with intricacy, and she's got transitions going into most of her jumping passes.

I think the shell shock of Julia being 18 points behind her isn't something people need to be too hung up on. Radionova landed 7 clean triples including 3Z+3T and 3L+3S. Lipnitskaia did 4 clean triples (two of them were 3T's on 2A's) and three of the triples she failed to execute were a UR, a downgrade and a double, so she gave up a lot of rotation-points.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
So happy to see Elena's well deserved GOLD. Her jumps are more secure than SA, so she proved my concerns wrong.
Even if judges gave her crazy low PCS she would have won still. If she does not deserve win here ,who???

minze

Medalist
So happy to see Elena's well deserved GOLD. Her jumps are more secure than SA, so she proved my concerns wrong.
Even if judges gave her crazy low PCS she would have won still. If she does not deserve win here ,who???

Yes she deserved to win by a landslide. 7 triples 3lutz/3t 3l-3S. She is the rightful winner. No contest

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Why was Lipnitskaia's 3Lz+2T not called as an invalid element, btw? It was her "fourth" combo after not having done the required combo on the Flip.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Just watched the top four performances.

A big wow to Elena Radionova for this incredible performance!! This will be my favorite performance of hers. The 3lz+3t was textbook quality. Loved everything about the performance, and her attitude towards the audience was great. She is such a pretty lady growing into a queen. So happy for her and Inna Goncharenko. She must be proud.

Also congratulations to Julia. I liked her FS more than COC this time. Surely a promising program and the new dress is so nice. People admire her for wearing age-appropriate clothes and skating age-appropriate programs but she isn't a child anymore. She is a growing young lady. How nice that she takes things easier this season, I think she tries to enjoy the moment. She smiles more than ever and doesn't look stressed at all. Maybe she doesn't want to peak so early this time.

Ashley's program has the potential but she needs to find a way to skate clean. Clearly the judges love her. She is one of the most mature ladies in the field and the other mature ladies are not strong contenders for World podium. (Leonova, Murakami, Imai, Gedevanishvili...) That's why I think judges give her huge PCS and support her more than ever. I'm surprised she went for 3T after the lutz. I think she forgot about new Zayak rule? She explained something at C&C to her coach, was that about it?

I don't know why but I love Courtney so much this season. I never paid attention to her this much. She is not a ballerina type skater, and the ugly truth is her body type is not good on the ice. Most don't like her skating as I read in the posts but come on the girl has a speed that no one comes close these days. Very nice fluid skating and huge jumps. I admire her a lot. Good job Courtney!!

calbskate

Rinkside
Why was Lipnitskaia's 3Lz+2T not called as an invalid element, btw? It was her "fourth" combo after not having done the required combo on the Flip.

Per Mrs. P, the rule changed. Now a repeated jump without making it a combo only counts as a repeat and gets 70% but it's not counted as a combo. Thanks Mrs. P!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Julia's 3/3....where are they? She use to do the one of the hardest 3/3 jumps in both short and long.

It was said a lot of times but I will repeat: she changed her skates/boots, they're not comfortable enough yet, she has troubles with edge jumps especially with her left foot. In her last interview she said she hasn't changed her opening combo to 3Lz-3T after CoC because she had only one week of practice between China and France. That means she will go back to Lz-T combo in the future.

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Per Mrs. P, the rule changed. Now a repeated jump without making it a combo only counts as a repeat and gets 70% but it's not counted as a combo. Thanks Mrs. P!

I assumed that must be the case but I couldn't remember about it. My first instinct is of course to not trust the ISU to make any sensible changes. After all, they created yet another new way to screw skaters over this season with the repeated double jump rule.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) - 203.92 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
2. Julia LIPNITSKAIA (RUS) - 185.18 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy, 5th Copy
3. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 177.74 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
4. Courtney HICKS - (USA) - 172.58 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 169.46 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Maria ARTEMIEVA (RUS) - 162.49 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
7. Samantha CESARIO (USA) - 161.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
8. Haruka IMAI (JPN) - 154.70 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Eliska BREZINOVA (CZE) - 144.29 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
10. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 139.64 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Laurine LECAVELIER (FRA) - 139.54 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
12. Anna OVCHAROVA (SUI) - 133.23 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

Medal Ceremony, 2nd Copy

Last edited:

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
Great skate from Elena, she's such a great jumping bean that many skaters could only wish they could jump like her.
Loved Yuliyas dress...so pretty! I :love: both her dresses this year, beautiful, elegant and simple...unlike other skaters who's dresses look like they bought them from Toddlers & Tiaras :laugh: Looks like Yuliya may be getting used to her new skates, since she feels comfortable doing more difficult jumps. She is far from where she was last season, yet she is easily wining silvers, which says a lot about the type of scores she will receive when the boot problems are over and she starts landing lutz and flips and doing clean skates like she did the previous season. Then she could definitely win over Elena.