2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15 | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Autumn Classic International, Oct 12 - 15

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's just the first two couples warming up on the ice at the moment - one minute warning. Now playing some Ricky Martin.

ETA: Bell and Swiegers up now.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Hayleigh BELL / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN)

Music: Howl's Moving Castle by Joe Hisaishi

Red dress / blue music, white shirt

2Tw
3T+COMBO - she hand down/stepout, he did 3T+2T
5SLi - wonky exit
5ALi
2S - he doubled, she twofoot 3S<
ChSq
2FTh - wonky, stepout
PCoSp3p
FCCoSp3p -on/off unison, far apart
3Li
3LoTh - ok, bit low
FiDs

Understandably, still very rough around the corners

FS: 87.24, 135.43, 1/1

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jessica PFUND / Joshua SANTILLAN (USA)

Music: Prince Igor

Tan dress with sparkly cross / blue print vest with gold, black sheer sleeves, pants

3S+2A+SEQ
2Tw - bit low
3T
3LoTh
5BLi
FiDs
FCCoSp3p
5ALi - eek, wonky almost collapsed exit
ChSq
3STh
3Li - aborted at position change, maybe invalid
PCoSp3p

Good jumps and throws for such new pair, but they need a lot of work on lifts

FS: 98.73, 149.25, 1/2

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Time for some Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax. Hope someone skates to this sometime (how scandalous!).

Funny you say that! I have a creative storyline where I created three female skaters who represent the USA and one of them has two total contrasting programs: A kid-friendly, happy, nostalgic, cheerful, childhood SP (To three different theme songs from kids' shows) and a dark, edgy, mature, adult, and risque FP to "Relax."

If you want all the details, I can message you.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear, this is not going so well so far...

ETA: Besides the obvious mishaps, I really like this new program. The lifts are really neat.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Megan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: Hometown Glory by Adele

Dark blue dress with jeweled straps / blue-black shirt, black pants

3Tw
3Lz - ok, bit scratchy
4STh - fall
1LzTh
FCCoSp3p
5RLi
3T+2T+2T
5ALi
ChSq
PCoSp3p
3Li
FiDs

Throws not succesful, unfortunately, but I like the choreo

FS: 133.64, 202.61, 1/3

Last edited:

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
It's a very small thing, but if Nam would have more confidence just after his performance was done the judges may have given him a point or so extra. That putting his head in his hands must have made the judges think he was unsure of his performance...
Yuzu kept projecting confidence after he was finished with the skate, and while bowing to the judges and the audience.

Nam and many of those other skaters could take a lesson from Yuzuru on how to conduct yourself after a skate. As in taking the time and making the effort to acknowledge not just the judges but also your audience. There's a reason Hanyu is so beloved and it isn't just because of his exquisite skating.

I agree that Nam had no reason to be upset with that skate (unless he felt he messed up a spin position or missed choreo or something), and the judges might have taken notice. Orser probably had a talking to him after that.

Orser might have been too busy talking to his lady skater (Tursynbaeva). She had such an expression of rage over falling on a double axel that it was actually kind of frightening. Brian was very upbeat, trying to console her, and she wouldn't even look at him. She didn't say a word but I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if she had thrown herself on the ground and started screaming. :rolleye: