2016-17 Russian Test skates | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Test skates

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Maria is technically very solid, but the LP music is putting me to sleep. It was hoping the sound was not match her skating in the video... The music basically has no highs and lows, and doesn't seem to have an end or beginning. I am very puzzled at the music choice.

andromache

Record Breaker

So since I've only watched these ladies so far (btw thank youuuuuu for uploading!) I can say Anna is currently my favorite. That program has softness and drama, and she brings it. The improvements she has year to year are just amazing. Hope she doesn't keep that bubblegum pink dress though. Looks a little too juvenile.

Adelina, as usual, breaks my heart. Gorgeous skating but bad jumps.

I don't get Yulia's program. Why these songs? What's the story here? It's not a bad program, but I wish I understood it. Costuming might help a lot. I don't mind medleys of various songs like this as long as there is some sort of coherent theme. Nice to see her skating to two very different kinds of music this season. Shows her range.

Maria's skating is pretty (legs for days) but it doesn't excite me. Still, she could potentially compete for the #3 spot this season with her consistency.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Anna's FS is amazing.

She has improved a lot the artistry, and even the base value is higher now: she switched the 3L-1L-3S at the beginning of the program to a much harder 3ltz-1L-3S in the second half!

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
So since I've only watched these ladies so far (btw thank youuuuuu for uploading!) I can say Anna is currently my favorite. That program has softness and drama, and she brings it. The improvements she has year to year are just amazing. Hope she doesn't keep that bubblegum pink dress though. Looks a little too juvenile.

For some strange reason that pinky dress reminds me Elena Sokolova :scratch3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XsLFGQYteI

andromache

Record Breaker
As a native New Yorker and someone who knew people who died in the twin towers, Medvedeva's program made me so uncomfortable. The sirens, the screaming, the newscasts...

And to actually debut the program on 9/11? I mean, c'mon.

I think I'm actually really irritated by it.

Wait, what? Is her program about 9/11??

(Regardless, not her choice when the test skate is.)

uhh

Medalist
Why has Zhulin come up with a mishmash program for B/S again? It reminds me too much of 2014. The basics look good, but they need better material. S/K looked dreadful, maybe they should have skipped showing the FD as it is clearly not ready. Aside from the mistakes and omissions it is very open with a lot done out of hold. A lot to address.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why has Zhulin come up with a mishmash program for B/S again? It reminds me too much of 2014. The basics look good, but they need better material. S/K looked dreadful, maybe they should have skipped showing the FD as it is clearly not ready. Aside from the mistakes and omissions it is very open with a lot done out of hold. A lot to address.

They are always very open with a lot done out of hold. They are not competent enough to do world medal or world championship level work.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
They are always very open with a lot done out of hold. They are not competent enough to do world medal or world championship level work.

I seriously think they should have skipped the FD. What impression have they left? Not very good, honestly :(

Last edited:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I like the idea of Yulia doing "Kill Bill" but she'll need a bit more acting skills to sell the program. It's just test skates but unless she really makes it a performance, she's just skating through the music.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am surprised to say I like Anna's programs this year the best, in both the short and free, with Julia a close second in the short and Adeliana's programs also both very close (I'm only talking about the programs themselves right now, NOT how they were skated, which is a different question, though Anna also skated both very well). Especially in the long she really hits the nuances in the music in a really beautiful and subtle way, I'm not sure I've ever seen her perform quite like this before. These programs are both going to score VERY well internationally if she skates clean.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Grading for LP programs

Pogorilaya A++
Medvedeva A+
Sotskova A+
Sotnikova A
Lipnitskaya A
Tuktamysheva B
Sakhanovich C-
Leonova D+

Grading for FS Performance with jumps

Medvedeva A+
Sotskova A+
Pogorilaya A
Sakhanovich B
Lipnitskaya B -
Tuktamysheva C-
Sotnikova D-
Leonova F

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
All programs are uploaded now :)

Thank you so much for uploading them all again!

Only watched Anna from the Ladies so far, and woooooowwww!!!!:love::love::love: she is so, so, so improved! I already liked her the last seasons, but I don't think she could have skated that beautifully then. Please do well Anna, get that world spot and another medal!!:cheer:

And I'm really happy to see Mika again. Not sure what to think of the LP yet... it's fun and suits him, but it's a bit to similar to his SP for me. I'm glad he did so well with his jumps so early in the season though!

stryke

On the Ice
Grading for LP programs

Pogorilaya A++
Medvedeva A+
Sotskova A+
Sotnikova A
Tuktamysheva B
Sakhanovich C
Leonova D+

Grading for FS Performance with jumps

Medvedeva A+