2016 Europeans TV and Livestream | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Europeans TV and Livestream

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to let you know that I have finally got the Eurosport TV schedule posted:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...d-Livestream&p=1336761&viewfull=1#post1336761

I'm sorry, I intended all along to do it on Friday, but that was before I discovered Russian Junior Nationals were on...

That would be British Eurosport? Certainly the Dutch one hasn't got coverage anywhere near that good. No Men's SP live, and of the Free programs, only Ice Dance live, and no gala live, either. And of course only a few hours of every event they do air live, and not even that with the recaps.

You indeed do have the short straw. But, although the British coverage is a lot better than the Dutch, it isn't the best. Eurosport Italia actually has the best coverage!

Yle will show everything fully live, Finnish geoblock - use proxy. This is the base feed, no commentary.

YES!! :yahoo: Exactly what I was hoping for. Good stream, no fuss, and complete. Thanks!

Halelujah!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :points:

With there being no ISU stream on the Eurosport player (AGAIN! :mad: ), I was getting worried that we wouldn't be able to watch the whole thing.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

eta

Medalist
So this may be a silly question but does anyone know if British Eurosport is the only one that has English commentary?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Actually, some, if not all (?) other countries get dual audio. I can always switch between the Dutch and English audio on Eurosport Nederland. It is the same audio as British Eurosport, though (international English feed).

Last edited:

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
So this may be a silly question but does anyone know if British Eurosport is the only one that has English commentary?

I really hope it's going to be Nicky/Chris .I like Nick's dance knowledge.Surely Simon will be at the Tennis?

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I hope it is Tat only foe the fact that she will be completely quiet during Evgenia's performances as she is not one of her favorites.
She has said only good things about Medvedeva when commentating. And, actually, TAT being silent during a skate usually means that she id really captivated/loves the particular program a lot.

eta

Medalist
Actually, some, if not all (?) other countries get dual audio. I can always switch between the Dutch and English audio on Eurosport Nederland. It is the same audio as British Eurosport, though (international English feed).

Is that a TV only thing? Like, I'll have to live there?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Is that a TV only thing? Like, I'll have to live there?

Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but I was subscribed to the eurosport player for a month last autumn, and I could switch between Dutch and English on the video streams in the player, too. You would only get Dutch audio commentary if you are in Holland (and Belgium), however. The player probably does look at the IP address to decide what version of eurosport you have, i.e. what languages to offer. So yes, live there, or a way to make it think you are somewhere else.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I downloaded the Eurosport app on my phone. It doesn't seem to indicate that I will be geoblocked in just over 10 hrs from now when it starts!! :eek:

I wonder if I can sync it up from my phone to my TV somehow :think:

Also...I think they are using Gracie Gold as their Avatar. :laugh:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but I was subscribed to the eurosport player for a month last autumn, and I could switch between Dutch and English on the video streams in the player, too. You would only get Dutch audio commentary if you are in Holland (and Belgium), however. The player probably does look at the IP address to decide what version of eurosport you have, i.e. what languages to offer. So yes, live there, or a way to make it think you are somewhere else.

Right, I live in the Netherlands and on the online video stream in the player I can choose English if I want (though I don't because I'm trying to learn Dutch) but on the television you can's switch (at least that I know of)- on the actual TV it just comes in Dutch. Does this make sense?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Good news (for some) re the ISU Eurovision Channel live streaming at http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/live.html?id=7:

The details re geo-blocking now are spelled out:
Embargo EBU Territory + LatAm + Taiwan + Australia + Singapore

But that means that access should be available to the US, Canada, Japan, and Korea, for example.​

ETA (on Jan 27), unhappy :( update:

The ISU Eurovision Channel was not geo-blocked in the US for the first couple of hours of the Ladies SP.

But ... thereafter access was geo-blocked, even though the US is not listed among the embargoed locations.​

Last edited:

eta

Medalist

Oh thank you so much! I'll look into that.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Good news (for some) re the ISU Eurovision Channel live streaming at http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/live.html?id=7:

The details re geo-blocking now are spelled out:
Embargo EBU Territory + LatAm + Taiwan + Australia + Singapore

But that means that access should be available to the US, Canada, Japan, and Korea, for example.​

Great... I wonder who are the a**holes who buy the rights for Latin America and don't even bother to show it on their networkds.:dev2:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
RTVE (Spain) will also broadcast the whole event, based on what I'm seeing. However you do need a VPN and set it to Spain.
http://www.rtve.es/directo/teledeporte/

Great... I wonder who are the a**holes who buy the rights for Latin America and don't even bother to show it on their networkds.:dev2:

Supposedly, Sky Sports was going to broadcast it in my country (I think they use the Ice network stream because those are the commentators I heard during US Nationals) but then they decided it would be better no to, but they still got the rights here :tantrum:

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Right, I live in the Netherlands and on the online video stream in the player I can choose English if I want (though I don't because I'm trying to learn Dutch) but on the television you can's switch (at least that I know of)- on the actual TV it just comes in Dutch. Does this make sense?

Oh, you can totally switch audio languages on the television, as well! How, that probably depends on a bit on your service provider.

For me, it's Ziggo (formerly UPC), and it's easy: there is an i button on the remote controle, it brings up an information screen where you can see information about the current program, running time etc, as well as the Soundtrack and Ondertitels (subtitles). Use the up or down button to highlight Soundtrack, and it says either Engels or Nederlands. If you hit the button to the right or left on the remote, you can switch to different audio, and then just press OK or similar. The same way, you can get subtitles on or off.

Last edited:

peese

Medalist
Anyone have the Brit stream? I looked through this thread and saw the sched but not the link...getting older, so I may have passed right by it!!! Last years highlight are on now?