2016 Korean Figure Skating Championships | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 Korean Figure Skating Championships

Kuan

Final Flight
Nice! Can´t wait to see pics. I miss her so much...

I had to work all weekend, so I could not follow the competition. Now it is finally time for some houres filled with Korean skating :biggrin: I am going to watch everyone

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Gala is over. 1~4th Senior Ladies, 1~4th Senior Men, 1st Senior Pair team did a gala. Kim/Minov, Ice dance champs didn`t appear and I don`t know the reason..

Ye lim Kim(Ladies 4th) did her short program again, and did 3Lz-3T 3Lo(tano) 2A again. Very clean program:biggrin:

Se jong Byun (Men 4th) also did his sp again. This program make him looks like real gentleman.

Eun soo Lim (Ladies 3rd) also did her sp again, but still wearing her fs dress. Some mistakes at jumps, but what a lovely performancer.

Jun hwan Cha (3rd Men) did his last nationals` gala again, but it changed a little at the end of the program. I really surprised cuz he was in not that good condition... But he did nice 3Lz. Skating skill was absolutely good! Really touching program. I really enjoyed it.:luv17: Yes, one day he`ll fly away.:laugh:

Da bin Choi (Ladies 2nd) also did her last nationals` gala, Diamond is girls` best friend? haha I don`t know exact name of the song. Different costume, she was cute and lovely.

Jin seo Kim (Men 2nd) His gala was real funny always. He did it with beautiful song which is an OST of famous Korean drama, but he changed the funny music at the middle and dance with June hyoung and Se jong. Big applause.

Min ji Ji/Themi Leftheris (Pairs 1st) did gala with dramatic music, which is Korean singer`s. I think the choreo was same as their short... I think? ;)

Young You (Ladies 1st) did her free program again!!!! With all jumps :shocked: 3Lz-3T nice. Just 1fall at end of 2A-3T. She seems happy.

June hyoung Lee (Men 1st) did gala with folding fan. I donno the song. His step was real good. Good luck at sr world!!

Aaaannd... End!!! Finally :laugh: What a weekend.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
2016 Korean Nationals Results

Senior Ladies Champion: Young You 183.75
Silver: Da bin Choi 177.29
Bronze: Eun soo Lim 175.97

Junior Ladies Champion: Yoon kyung Kam 157.44
Silver: Su been Jeon 135.72
Bronze: Na yeong Kim 130.94

Senior Men Champion: June hyoung Lee 223.72
Silver: Jin seo Kim 202.48
Bronze: Jun hwan Cha 189.98

Junior Men Champion: Sang woo Kim 126.76
Silver: Han gil Kim 116.12
Bronze: Tae hyun Kim 86.96

Senior Ice Dance Champion: Rebeka Kim/Kirill Minov 138.00
Silver: Yura Min/Alexander Gamelin 127.18
Bronze: Ho jung Lee/Richard Kang in Kam 121.02

Senior Pairs Champion: Min ji Ji/Themistoclles Leftheris 135.24

Junior Pairs Champion: Su yeon Kim/Hyoung tae Kim 98.63

FanOfTeamKorea

On the Ice
Senior Ladies Champion: Young You 183.75
Silver: Da bin Choi 177.29
Bronze: Eun soo Lim 175.97

Junior Ladies Champion: Yoon kyung Kam 157.44
Silver: Su been Jeon 135.72
Bronze: Na yeong Kim 130.94

Senior Men Champion: June hyoung Lee 223.72
Silver: Jin seo Kim 202.48
Bronze: Jun hwan Cha 189.98

Junior Men Champion: Sang woo Kim 126.76
Silver: Han gil Kim 116.12
Bronze: Tae hyun Kim 86.96

Senior Ice Dance Champion: Rebeka Kim/Kirill Minov 138.00
Silver: Yura Min/Alexander Gamelin 127.18
Bronze: Ho jung Lee/Richard Kang in Kam 121.02

Senior Pairs Champion: Min ji Ji/Themistoclles Leftheris 135.24

Junior Pairs Champion: Su yeon Kim/Hyoung tae Kim 98.63

Thank You So Much Hailey !

Rinchan

Rinkside
I was there today and I have to say that it has been a super competition.
Almost all the ladies brought their A game, I am so so proud of them! The future of Korean figure ice skating has never looked brighter to me!

You Young: she is just a joy to watch. So young and so tiny, yet she commands the ice like a veteran. She interprets the music so well, she is fast and fearless.... And if you watch her live she will win you over, she is just pure energy and enthusiasm. I love her free program, she skates it so well, with such confidence and joy. I loved her. At the end of the program I was moved to tears. I hope she will continue to grow as a skater, may she be injury free, healthy and de terminated for a long long time! My favorite moment was when at the medal ceremony before goiong to the podium she both did a jump and a beautiful Bielmann spin. She has the quality of a little diva and for sure she knows how to please the audience. Ah and her reaction after her perfect free!

Da Bin: not really my favorite, but she is really so so consistent that you cannot deny her talent. This year she also improved her artistry, I wish she would work on her speed and step sequence. Other than that, good job girl! Wish her all the best at 4cc and worlds. Korea needs her if they want to maintain two spots for the ladies.

Eun soo: her program to the artist is so enjoyable. She has a beautiful sense of the music and a very delicate style, she seems to caress the ice when she skates. Very delicate and feminine, loved her!

Ye lim: technically, what a powerhouse!!!! She has room to improver her interpretation, but she is still so young.

So Youn: she broke my heart. She has been for a long time my favorite Korean skater, from the time she was overshadowed by Haejin. I liked her lyrical and poetic style, so delicate and full of nuances. Girl, get a hold on your nerves ! She has all the technical good to be still on the top of the pile in Korea. If you have a look at the protocols, judges are willing to award her good goes on her jumps: when she hits them, they are a thing of beauty. No one has a better triple salchow or 2a3t than her in Korea. What she lacks is a competitive mind. If she is behind in the short, instead of getting fired up, she gets even more insecure and emotional. It broke my heart, cause everyone knows just how good she can be. And maybe the generation is changing, but let's not forget that after Kim Yuna she alone was able to guarantee 2 spots at worlds to the Korean ladies for two years in a raw, giving more opportunities to another athlete. Love you So Youn, please find again your true amazing self.

Byun Ji Hyun: it's a pity that she couldn't repeat her skates of Skate Korea, nevertheless she is a joy to watch, very elengant and posed, though she lacks the difficulty in the jumps of the top ladies

Ji Min Ji and Themi: I love their free program. Yes, they are still far from being among the top skaters, they still have a huge amount of work to do and their positions in the lifts could be better. However, how amazing are their lines?? Nowadays programs in figure ice skating have become so busy, rushing from one element to the other, eager to rack up more points. Well I really enjoyed how they held some beautiful positions. It added a sense of liberty, artistry and emotion to the program and the public clapped to them: they weren't doing anything too difficult, but it was so beautiful and everyone could see it.

Rebeka Kim Kirill Miniv: she is a star, every time I watch her skating she makes me smile so much, a little firecracker full of explosive energy. How far they have come, I love their fs suits their personality so well.

Kim Jin So: I'm happy for June Hyun and his deserved victory, but I cannot help to feel sad for JinSeo. He has always been my favorite between the two. What an amazing interpreter, he really knows how to sell a program even when things are going wrong. I was happy that he landed the 4t even if with a step out. What to say, wish him all the best at 4cc, may he have the amazing competition that he deserves. I want a clean singing in the rain, that program is too good not to reach its full potential!

Last edited:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
IMO, even though Young is a little champion, but this does not mean that she can beat all Korean competitors anytime, or anyhow.
I mean now she is not at the definite position of above-all.. (Just different from SY Park at last year's nationals. She was at that kind of position that days, I think.)
Of course, it would be a great start of her skating career. ;) She made a lot of fans through this event. My case, I actually love her much more than before!

It's good to see competition gets tight and tight!!

Last edited:

Rinchan

Rinkside
I agree with you Hailey. Today You Young brought her absolutely best, but Dabin, Eunsoo, Yelim and Soyoun all have the ability to place at the top if they all skate clean, they are very close and everyone has her own strength, some have technical merit, others have more artistry, others have incredible consistency. It will be thrilling to see how the panorama will evolve in the next couple of years.
For the moment, congrats You Young. Her fs with Soyouns sp and fs(red violin) and jihyuns sp are my favorite programs this year among the Korean gals

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Rebeka Kim and Kirill Minov, Ice dance winners skipped gala cuz Rebeka`s condition is get worse suddenly and it didn`t get well. They were taking a rest and waiting for her condition back before gala, but it did not happen. :( Hope she`s fine now!!