2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Rhythmic Gymnastics

treeloving

Medalist
See? With all those mistakes - well-deserved. :agree: Not necassary put provocate smiles and ridicule girls. I know, losers always will find reason to justified. But it's ok. I won't judge you.

What the "Rite of Spring" ? I don't get it.

Did you even know about code of point?
Btw, I don't understand why you have to be so rude and aggressive with people who disagree with you, may be you should go to anger management course.

No more reply on this issue from me.

Sam L

Medalist
I don't follow rhythmic gymnastics - did not even know until recently it was called rhythmic. I think the Russian names make more sense: artistic gymnastics is called sport gymnastics and rhythmic gymnastics is called artistic gymnastics. I was also aware of the conspiracies that the sport is rigged so that no matter how the Russians perform they always win.

But now, first of all I was deeply impressed by Margarita's performance. Who can openly say now that it was not deserved and someone else from another country was better? Second, I watched a short pre-Olympic movie on her (in Russian). Not only she and her mother are lovely people. It is also clear what a sweat factory this sport is with cut-throat internal competition, 8 hour trainings every day. Her mother gave up her life just to help Rita. My biggest respect and admiration to Margarita Mamun!

http://news.sportbox.ru/olympics/pg/spbvideo_NI655944_Mama_v_igre_Margarita_Mamun

I agree with the Russian naming also. I think artistic gymnastics (sport gymnastics) has its roots in strength (with the men) and sports and rhythmic gymnastics (artistic gymnastics) has its roots in ballet/dance/artistry. I don't like sport gymnastics at all. I've been vaguely aware of artistic gymnastics and am mostly interested in it from the perspective of ballet. And yes I've seen some videos showing their training and the hours involved. So crazy. A lot of respect for these women.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've been vaguely aware of artistic gymnastics and am mostly interested in it from the perspective of ballet. And yes I've seen some videos showing their training and the hours involved. So crazy. A lot of respect for these women.

I would call it an athletic ballet. But yeah, this sport is not for a faint of heart. Have you seen this one? My jaw dropped several times. Few feet lower than floor level.

http://youtu.be/C9vM4c4hrDw

I remember there was some kind of 1-hour long documentary I watched a year ago. It was with full performance snippets and lots of interviews and comments by previous and current generations of gymnast girls. It was quite frank, brutally honest and juicy on details about what is behind the curtains of this sport. It's definitely not for a wussies. :)

lavoix

Match Penalty
Does anyone know if Ganna is retiring or not? I really think she should continue...

sneakers

Match Penalty
Does anyone know if Ganna is retiring or not? I really think she should continue...

this is a good question and puzzling for Ukraine, Ukraine has no one other than Rizatdinova to change guard atm,
however Rizat is already 23 years old, she will be 26 by next Olympics almost same as Kostner in Sochi.

but I don't think Ganna can handle the difficulty changes they will implement in 2017
the CoP will now again have unlimited masteries...

to answer: if Rizatdinova retires, Ukraine's RG will collapse.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
I would call it an athletic ballet. But yeah, this sport is not for a faint of heart. Have you seen this one? My jaw dropped several times. Few feet lower than floor level.

http://youtu.be/C9vM4c4hrDw

I remember there was some kind of 1-hour long documentary I watched a year ago. It was with full performance snippets and lots of interviews and comments by previous and current generations of gymnast girls. It was quite frank, brutally honest and juicy on details about what is behind the curtains of this sport. It's definitely not for a wussies. :)

I think you are referring to The winner takes it all: Yana, Rita, Masha Titova, Julia Sintstina, Alina Kavaeba, Viner, Vera Shetrlbaums, Zaripova and some more talking about past, present and future of RG

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think you are referring to The winner takes it all: Yana, Rita, Masha Titova, Julia Sintstina, Alina Kavaeba, Viner, Vera Shetrlbaums, Zaripova and some more talking about past, present and future of RG

Yup. That's the one. Amazingly honest and brutal documentary. :)

lavoix

Match Penalty
this is a good question and puzzling for Ukraine, Ukraine has no one other than Rizatdinova to change guard atm,
however Rizat is already 23 years old, she will be 26 by next Olympics almost same as Kostner in Sochi.

but I don't think Ganna can handle the difficulty changes they will implement in 2017
the CoP will now again have unlimited masteries...

to answer: if Rizatdinova retires, Ukraine's RG will collapse.

There's Viktoria Mazur, who in my opinion is the most aesthetically pleasing gymnast in the field, but is extremely weak difficulty and consistency wise.

sneakers

Match Penalty
There's Viktoria Mazur, who in my opinion is the most aesthetically pleasing gymnast in the field, but is extremely weak difficulty and consistency wise.

Mazur is 22, hardly a future and she is incredibly inconsistent, at least Rizatdinova got more consistent after 2012.
also Ukraine has no match for Russian, Belarusian and Israeli in terms of the pool of young gymnasts.

I think next quad we will see Ukraine being replaced by Japan or Israel as Top 3

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Mazur is 22, hardly a future and she is incredibly inconsistent, at least Rizatdinova got more consistent after 2012.
also Ukraine has no match for Russian, Belarusian and Israeli in terms of the pool of young gymnasts.

I think next quad we will see Ukraine being replaced by Japan or Israel as Top 3

Ukraine has Diachenko, a really promising junior. she is as good as Ganna was at her age, and has wonderful lines. In 2018 she will be senior, i think

sneakers

Match Penalty
Ukraine has Diachenko, a really promising junior. she is as good as Ganna was at her age, and has wonderful lines. In 2018 she will be senior, i think

Diachenko is born in 2001 and will turn 16 next year, she is boring like Mulmina. nothing new really,

the problem with Ukrainian school is they prefer a certain body type - thin, tall and long legged, ridiculous how a body type is used what about their abilities and mental strength ? - that's why they have inconsistent gymnasts like Mazur and Romanova.

the Deriuginas would never allow short gymnasts like Linoy Ashram and Averina Twins if they were from Ukraine. But look how amazing they are !!!!

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Diachenko is born in 2001 and will turn 16 next year, she is boring like Mulmina. nothing new really,

the problem with Ukrainian school is they prefer a certain body type - thin, tall and long legged, ridiculous how a body type is used what about their abilities and mental strength ? - that's why they have inconsistent gymnasts like Mazur and Romanova.

the Deriuginas would never allow short gymnasts like Linoy Ashram and Averina Twins if they were from Ukraine. But look how amazing they are !!!!

Romanova is in Russia since past December and next year she will compete for Russia. She is being trained by Evgenia Kanaeva!! She said she moved because of poor training conditions in Ukraine.

The problem with Deriuginas is that they put Rizatdinova's elements or parts of her old routines for the other gymnasts. Also, which Ukranian RG from the National Team did not wear at least 1 of Ganna's maillot? This is wrong, they should recognize the talent and abilities of each gymnast, it is a shame how Ukraine RG will be.

P.s: I prefer Diachenko over Mulmina. I cannot say why, I just love her

sneakers

Match Penalty
This isn't a new problem but they seem to be really stuck in the 1990s and aren't willing to improve. The Deriugina school even reuse their own music from the 1990s to early 2000s. Maybe they only have 1 set of CD or Beta players ? :confused2:

They need to keep up with the times, code of points and difficulties, Japan, Italy, Israel heck even the USA now have more promising juniors.

germany

Match Penalty

Reynnou

On the Ice
I don't think Olena is boring but to each their own. Anyway she's pretty good at masteries which will be very important with the new code of point. She needs to be more consistent though...

I agree with the problems of the Deriugina's school (focusing on one body type, reusing of musics/choreos, lack of masteries, lack of fundings too) but I think Ireesha has made a really good job with the group and Ganna's routines this year. I would like to see her getting even more involved! She has created some really interesting galas in the past and chosen some interesting musics.

Also, they have a very promising junior in Khrystyna Pohranychna but she's only 13 so if she lives up to her potential we still have 3 years to wait before he turns senior...

sneakers

Match Penalty
I don't think Olena is boring but to each their own. Anyway she's pretty good at masteries which will be very important with the new code of point. She needs to be more consistent though...

I agree with the problems of the Deriugina's school (focusing on one body type, reusing of musics/choreos, lack of masteries, lack of fundings too) but I think Ireesha has made a really good job with the group and Ganna's routines this year. I would like to see her getting even more involved! She has created some really interesting galas in the past and chosen some interesting musics.

Also, they have a very promising junior in Khrystyna Pohranychna but she's only 13 so if she lives up to her potential we still have 3 years to wait before he turns senior...

to be fair; Ukraine gymnasts are late bloomers, Rizatdinova only got consistent after 2012 Olympics, they always get that 1 token RG like Mulmina and Khanina, where are they now ? anyways Ukraine wont win a medal in 2020 Tokyo maybe after 2024 if they can improve their training environment. Japan, Israel and Italy are nipping on that 3rd spot power country.

I think the new seniors Italy's Alexandra Aguirguiculese, Kaho and Sumire of Japan and Linoy Ahsram of Israel will be medal contenders for this quad. Not sure how long Ganna will stay, but she will probably retire before 2020, Rizatdinova has low difficulties and wont be able to keep up with the new CoP.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Here is the New Code of Points for 2017-2020
http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/publicdir/rules/files/rg/RG_CoP_2017-2020_r.pdf

looks like they are bringing back unlimited risks and mastery
bad news for low difficulty value gymnasts like Rizatdinova or low body difficulty like Kudryavsteva who rely on execution.

wow, If you make a mistake on a risk, you can still change your planned elements and risk and make another on that spot to increase your points/make up for the loss.
Not even figure skating jumps you can do that. :shocked:

Key Changes
- 2 routines are now allowed with lyrics
- Judges won't have scoresheets
- More judges
- Gymnasts can make their routines up on the spot : if they want, after a massive mistake, increase their score, you can do another difficulty/risk to points back up.
- No limit regarding the number of masteries
- No limit of risk (you have to do at least one)
- You can do at least 3 difficulty elements, at most 9
- Dance steps must be 9/10 seconds instead of 8 seconds.
- Attitude turn is now only 0.20
- New elements previously sanctioned are to be brought back

Last edited:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
This CoP is wonderful for Sasha and my favourite twins, I can't wait to see their new routines :luv17:

sneakers

Match Penalty
2016 Aeon Cup results
Soldatova had a rough day yesterday, she had 2 drops in clubs and in ribbon :shocked:, glad today went well in her hoop, ball routines and pulled up a bronze.

Top 3 Team
1 Russia - senior: Mamun, Soldatova junior: Sergeeva
2 Belarus - senior: Halkina, Bazhko junior: Harnasko
3 Ukraine - senior: Rizatdinova, Mazur junior: Dyachenko

Top 3 individual
1 Mamun
2 Rizatdinova
3 Soldatova