2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
YAY! I'm so happy for him! I wondered if they would do it because he could be a threat to the Russian guys...but I'm sure they'll be stingy with his PCS to lessen the chances of that

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
who's gonna replace Gracie?
any thread discussing that???

Andrea82

Medalist
The Gracie Gold's Internationaux de France spot has been given to Nicole Schott (she just announced it on her latest Instagram post)

pearly

Record Breaker
The Gracie Gold's Internationaux de France spot has been given to Nicole Schott (she just announced it on her latest Instagram post)

Interesting. I thought it might go to Hicks after her good skate at Skate Canada.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Interesting. I thought it might go to Hicks after her good skate at Skate Canada.

Maybe an issue of cheaper travel expenses for Schott. Also, Courtney's strong showing might make her LESS attractive as a replacement, to whatever fed wants to protect its skaters. I'm thinking the next WD might be Anna, but that doesn't help Courtney since Skate America already has 3 U.S. ladies.
It's entirely possible that even with just 1 event, Courtney will still finish the Grand Prix as the No. 2 or No. 3 U.S. lady, with 9 points. Especially since Mariah & Mirai are competing against each other, Evegenia & Kaetlyn in a strong field at Japan.

There's still a pairs opening for France; perhaps Cain/LeDuc will get it.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Are added in Internationaux de France
Ladies: Nicole Schott (GER) -> It makes sense

Pairs: Zoe Jones / Christopher Boyadji (GBR) -> What? They are not in the list of the replacements

Zijun Li has WD from Cup of China (I can't tell you why ?)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

Thanks for the update! What a pity. Hope she's not injured, I was really looking forward to her programs.

Andrea82

Medalist
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR are out also from France. Grill not updated yet but Czech Fed says she needs a surgery (broken knee ligament) and they will also skip Europeans.

Maybe we should all keep our agenda free for that week. After Zoe Jones / Christopher Boyadji, Didier Gailhague could call any of us at this point.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR are out also from France. Grill not updated yet but Czech Fed says she needs a surgery (broken knee ligament) and they will also skip Europeans.

Maybe we should all keep our agenda free for that week. After Zoe Jones / Christopher Boyadji, Didier Gailhague could call any of us at this point.

France should pick Cain/LeDuc. At least he has a French surname. And France has no U.S. pairs.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Are added in Internationaux de France
Ladies: Nicole Schott (GER) -> It makes sense

Pairs: Zoe Jones / Christopher Boyadji (GBR) -> What? They are not in the list of the replacements

I think that Jones/Boyadji would be the host pick, yes? There aren't three french pairs? If so they don't have to be in the list of replacements or really anything at all, the French Fed can effectively name anyone...