• Kaori SAKAMOTO

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Sofia SAMODUROVA

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kittosuni

Medalist
Zagitova rose to the top by doing harder content and being fairly consistent, will this same formula going to dethrone her? exciting

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Zagitova rose to the top by doing harder content and being fairly consistent, will this same formula going to dethrone her? exciting

There can be plenty of positive things said about Alina's main competitors, but I wouldn't say that consistency is one of them.

colormyworld240

Medalist

Maybe! If Rika does take the title, she would be a very deserving winner. I'm sure Alina thinks the same; in a recent interview she said Rika's 3As don't surprise her as she competed with Rika in juniors where she was already amazing and it motivates her. Whoever skates the best will take the crown and it's very exciting indeed.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I'm so excited for this event!
I can't believe my fave actually came through and qualified with two gold medals! :eeking:
Also happy that in the end the figure skating gods cleaned up the dirty done to Kaori and she qualified as well. :pray:
I'm rooting for team Japan the most but I wish everyone good luck, I want NHK levels of quality. :laugh:
By the way, I really like Sofia since Juniors so I'm glad she's doing so well.
I'm excited to see how the programs of Elizaveta have evolved, Mishin said they will make it much harder. :eeking: Can't wait to watch that!

I hope Kihira wins the gold but just a podium finish will already make me super happy!
Tbh, I'm lowkey wishing she would throw a yolo 3A3T in the SP just to see what happens... :rofl2:

pearly

Record Breaker
Considering how random and unexpected this season has been (at least some GPs), I've decided to use random.org to predict the final results :biggrin:

Here they go:

1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Sofia Samodurova
3. Rika Kihira
4. Alina Zagitova
5. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
6. Kaori Sakamoto

Let's see.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Considering how random and unexpected this season has been (at least some GPs), I've decided to use random.org to predict the final results :biggrin:

Here they go:

1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Sofia Samodurova
3. Rika Kihira
4. Alina Zagitova
6. Kaori Sakamoto

Let's see.

This raises the word "random" onto the whole new level :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker
I just voted in all polls to predict the winner and I love how none of the categories are clear cut (voted Zagitova, Chen, Tarasova/Morozov and Stepanova/Bukin, but there are at least two or three good guesses in each).

Fluture

Record Breaker
This will be such an exciting battle. Personally, I still think we have yet to wait how Rika fares at “big“ senior events. She‘s a lot better than last season already, regarding consistency and thinking on her feet but for now I personally have no doubts this gold will go to Alina. She is more experienced, knows how to deal with huge expectations and pressure. Worlds could be totally different because Rika will by then have made one step further and the GPF will be helpful experience. Of course I could totally be wrong here and I wouldn‘t be sad or angry if I was. I like both Alina and Rika and only wish them the best. Alina winning is just what my feeling tells me. :)

Good luck to everyone and may the best win!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I voted for Rika. She is gaining in the poll. She and Liza really have some good momentum going into this event. I say it's very possible that they are the Top 2 at this event with Satoko and Alina fighting for bronze, especially if we see a strict tech panel.

moriel

Record Breaker
I voted for Rika. She is gaining in the poll. She and Liza really have some good momentum going into this event. I say it's very possible that they are the Top 2 at this event with Satoko and Alina fighting for bronze, especially if we see a strict tech panel.

If Rika skates like she skated in France, she may not even make the podium

lesnar001

Record Breaker

Here they go:

1. Satoko Miyahara
2. Sofia Samodurova
3. Rika Kihira
4. Alina Zagitova
6. Kaori Sakamoto

Let's see.

If the results turn out this way, can I hire you to pick lottery numbers?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I did a random.org list to see what it would give me and it put Sofia on top! :hap10:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I did a random.org list to see what it would give me and it put Sofia on top! :hap10:

I just did it as well and that‘s what I got:

1. Sofia
2. Satoko
3. Rika
4. Alina
5. Liza
6. Kaori

Weird to see that random.org apparently has firmly decided its top three. Sofia, Satoko and Rika in different order. If that happens I‘ll be ... :eeking: :eeking:

(It won‘t, though.)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I just did it as well and that‘s what I got:

1. Sofia
2. Satoko
3. Rika
4. Alina
5. Liza
6. Kaori

Weird to see that random.org apparently has firmly decided its top three. Sofia, Satoko and Rika in different order. If that happens I‘ll be ... :eeking: :eeking:

(It won‘t, though.)

I brought it up again to try and see if Satoko and Rika rounded out the top 3 and it did it again instead - now Satoko is 3rd, Sofia 5th and Rika 6th :eeking: