2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

andromache

Record Breaker
The most objectified figure skaters in the world are Japanese male skaters. When I see all those middle aged women squealing in the stands with tears in their perverted eyes at the sight of young skinny boys in tight costumes, I want to throw up. :hopelessness::disapp:

Aren't they just fans?

Idk, I don't really go in the fan fests much, but is it all obsessing over beauty and hotness?

If it is, then that is super annoying, but at least it's in the fan fests and not in The Edge.

That said, I'm not immune to objectifying some grown-up skaters, and we all enjoy small discussions of our eye candy, particularly when some skaters (who are all legal adults) kind of "put it out there" in terms of sexy or revealing photoshoots or Instagram shots.

But going on and on about trying to decide which little girl is prettier, or which coach has the prettiest students, or which country has the prettiest skaters - it's just unnecessary. We get it. All of the tiny, fair-skinned Russian waifs are just the prettiest ever. :rolleye:

Tyranid

Final Flight
Aren't they just fans? But going on and on about trying to decide which little girl is prettier, or which coach has the prettiest students, or which country has the prettiest skaters - it's just unnecessary. We get it. All of the tiny, fair-skinned Russian waifs are just the prettiest ever. :rolleye:
I suggest that we just establish Elena Radionova as the most beautiful woman in FS today so that we can settle these argumens once and forever. :agree:

... or at least tell me that I don't have bad taste, please! :bow:

ETA: by the way, since we here on GS don't exactly know each other's age and (more importantly) gender, our tastes may vary drastically.

Tyranid

Final Flight
Speaking of Elena......what’s she up to?
She's back in moscow. She was recently (+/- a week ago) doing a show in Prauge. Her cooking show episode hasn't aired yet. Her inSkate video will come out on 04-29. She's going to teach some skating moves in it.

She's been doing some advertising of designer Alina Akhmatulina who designed her Titanic dresses (don't remember which ones).
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh9uhq4lxC_/?taken-by=lenok_radionova This is from today.

BTW, she apparently connected with Akhmatulina through Anton Sikharulidze who's now either a businessman or an investor. Sorry, don't have exact info on that.

sinnerspinner

On the Ice
I don’t want to see anyone skating to Swan Lake! Noooooooo!!! There are so many other characters for them to portray, why do the same as everyone else??!?!??!! There’s a long list of great female characters to portray that are barely used.

The Red Queen
Maleficent
The Raven
Yu Shu Lien
The Countess
Marie Antoinette
Black Widow
etc etc etc.....

I concur, please no more swan lake! I'd rather see more out of the box programs rather than see skaters use the same music and almost the same costumes.

I like out of the box like Leonova.

There's are many fabulous tangos and characters to play.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's back in moscow. She was recently (+/- a week ago) doing a show in Prauge. Her cooking show episode hasn't aired yet. Her inSkate video will come out on 04-29. She's going to teach some skating moves in it.

She's been doing some advertising of designer Alina Akhmatulina who designed her Titanic dresses (don't remember which ones).
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh9uhq4lxC_/?taken-by=lenok_radionova This is from today.

BTW, she apparently connected with Akhmatulina through Anton Sikharulidze who's now either a businessman or an investor. Sorry, don't have exact info on that.

She’s also involved with an iPhone app that is designed to give lessons to figure skaters. She’s even doing one in English too :hap85:

https://instagram.com/p/Bh3XwB_lfHc/

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I concur, please no more swan lake! I'd rather see more out of the box programs rather than see skaters use the same music and almost the same costumes.

I like out of the box like Leonova.

There's are many fabulous tangos and characters to play.

Thank you! I was afraid I was the only one who was sick and tired of all the warhorses!

Scott512

Record Breaker
I suggest that we just establish Elena Radionova as the most beautiful woman in FS today so that we can settle these argumens once and forever. :agree:

... or at least tell me that I don't have bad taste, please! :bow:

ETA: by the way, since we here on GS don't exactly know each other's age and (more importantly) gender, our tastes may vary drastically.

She is up there. So is Pogo. They are so beautiful as there so many others and the sport is so beautiful but it's such a tough sport so taxing on the body. I have so much respect for these skaters no matter how great they get or dont get.

MalAssada

Medalist
I am another one who doesn't feel comfortable comparing a skater's beauty. I have no problem with "wow, she's gorgeous!" (unless we are talking about a body), but "X is prettier than Y!" is asking for trouble, especially as we are talking about different etnicities and due to the fact someone cannot "improve" naturally.

Also, on the matter of sex... my hackles would raise just as much for a woman as it would for a man making some of the comments I see here.

And just to drop in my two cents, being very hypocrital... wow, our mileage does vary!

sinnerspinner

On the Ice
Pardon me if I'm late to the ballgame, but yesterday I saw Valieva for the first time. Her spin positions are amazing!!! I understand she has joined team Tutberidze. I have a thing for great spins, if you couldn't tell by the name! 🤗

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Btw, what are your top4 early predictions for RusNat 2019 winners? My bet is on (considering judges politicking):
1 Trusova
2 Medvedeva
3 Kostornaia
4 Zagitova
:biggrin:

Also, will Shcherbakova be age eligible for RusNat as well? 0_0

esteticlove

Final Flight
I don't want to think about the next Russian Nationals. It already gives me an anxiety and we just started the off-season time :laugh::drama: Joking aside, if all of those girls participate, it will be a remarkable competition :points:

russianfan

Match Penalty
Btw, what are your top4 early predictions for RusNat 2019 winners? My bet is on (considering judges politicking):
1 Trusova
2 Medvedeva
3 Kostornaia
4 Zagitova
:biggrin:

Also, will Shcherbakova be age eligible for RusNat as well? 0_0

i would say these 4 will be in top-4 most likely, but trying to predict order is too much :biggrin:
Eteri Nationals 2018-2019

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So, Stanislava is keeping her Anna Karenina program for another season. Read it on FS Gossips.

I wonder if Evgenia will return to her “Leftovers” program. I think it was designed to have most of the jumps in the bonus; could up her tech content .

Scott512

Record Breaker
So, Stanislava is keeping her Anna Karenina program for another season. Read it on FS Gossips.

I wonder if Evgenia will return to her “Leftovers” program. I think it was designed to have most of the jumps in the bonus; could up her tech content .

Stani needs a good next season. I hope she can recover from worlds. Im also looking forward to Gubanova working with Adelinas former coach. Nastya is a very beautiful figure skater and young lady but I wonder if this new coach can help her improve her technical ability enough for her to become an elite skater. Hope so.