2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

madison

Record Breaker
even if she healthy....
it's going to be mentally hard to find motivation and desire to compete and train again.
She may think that she can't live without skating right now but sometimes it's really hard to start over and bring yourself in one piece.

And i think it's going to be mentally hard for Alina too.

I noticed that Alina is very involved in training even now... so I hope she can stay motivated, although, in principle, I agree that it would be difficult to keep the focus on skating and to find the right motivation.

moriel

Record Breaker
even if she healthy....
it's going to be mentally hard to find motivation and desire to compete and train again.
She may think that she can't live without skating right now but sometimes it's really hard to start over and bring yourself in one piece.

And i think it's going to be mentally hard for Alina too.

looking at medvedeva performances since juniors, I dont think she is one to have mental and motivational issues, for real.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Looking at the 2018 -2019 team who are the leaders. I would think Evgenia and Alina (as long as puberty doesn't set in) are the leaders but the third spot Sotskova has not donewell at the big events. How Anna P doing? Or could Liza T or Radinova sneak back on the team. There is also Polina T but she seems tobe always injured. At there best I would go with Evgenia Alina and Anna.

If the third spot doesn't go to Daria, Polina, or a CSKA girl, I would be VERY surprised... (unless it's Konstantinova :disapp:)
Personally, I think Daria will do very well this year due to her insane jumping ability and consistency. Polina also has insane jumping ability (that height!! :bow:) but her consistency hasn't been there this season. Whether that's because of injuries or just how this season went, I'm not sure, but if she gets the consistency together, she could fight for the third spot.

If both Daria and Polina are in full force, or even if one of them is, I doubt that Maria will get on the team, unless it's purely because of the CSKA bonus (which I can't stand... why CSKA??? their skaters aren't even as good as Eteri's!) Her URs have really started to get her and while she skates well enough at worlds to be in the top 10 and save the spots, I don't think it will be enough, especially considering that she peaks way too early, for the GP series and the GPF.

I really doubt Liza and Lena can make it back onto the team unless one of them pulls a MAJOR change and upset, and even then it might not be enough. Liza still does 3T-3T and a sequence in the free (despite her wonderful jumps :disapp:) and Lena has never had a non-questionable / non-scratchy landing in the past two seasons (that might be an exaggeration but not much of one unfortunately) I understand that Russian Nationals are fierce, but Lena was lucky to be 9th there and was saved on PCS thanks to CSKA bonus. Liza did respectably well but next year Trusova and hopefully Shcherbakova and Tarakanova will also be there and both of them have much better tech content than her.

YMMV

Fluture

Record Breaker
Nobody is set in stone, especially in ladies at Russian Nationals. Do you think that if one of them has a really bad season (not only at Nationals) will make the team? I doubt.

Well, I was talking about next season only which she is pretty set in stone if she is healthy. Evgenia has proven time and again how strong her mind is, so I don‘t get how people could rule her out this fast. She is still the top Russian senior lady right now in terms of consistency (And no, I‘m not saying this to bash Alina, it‘s just a matter of fact that this is her first senior season but she‘ll hopefully be around even longer to prove that she isn‘t just a one-season wonder). Of course, once Trusova and Anna (omg, how just how that quad lutz combo, this is INSANE) get senior, it‘s different, but now? Who do you expect to overcome Alina and Evgenia at this point? Polina? Elena? Anna P? Not likely.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Hm, I was too hasty with my predictions :scratch2: :laugh:
My new future RusNat top5:

1.Trusova
2.Scherbakova
3.Medvedeva
4.Kostornaia
5.Zagitova

:biggrin:

Why I place Zagitova this low? Well, maybe it's not popular opinion - but I think this season's success was mostly due to her insanely difficult, brilliant and trained in 2 years to automatism FP. With more standart FP she wouldn't be noticed at all most likely - and considering that in new season she will have new FP and the fact that she somewhat lost her consistency and jumping abilities due to growth/puberty (judging by worlds and recent shows performances) it's a big question mark whether she will be able to repeat her success. In other words she was somewhat overrated this season - especially in PCS department. Her most valuable merit - for which she gained so strong boost in reputation/scores - is her very good physical/technical abilities - and she is losing it already comparing to juniors.

Fluture

Record Breaker

1.Trusova
2.Scherbakova
3.Medvedeva
4.Kostornaia
5.Zagitova

Why I place Zagitova this low? Well, maybe you don't like it - but I think this season's success was mostly due to her insanely difficult, brilliant and trained in 2 years to automatism FP. With more standart FP she wouldn't be noticed at all most likely - and considering that in new season she will have new FP and the fact that she somewhat lost her consistency and jumping abilities due to growth/puberty (judging by worlds and recent shows performances) it's a big question mark whether she will be able to repeat her success.

Well, if Anna is able to land this quad lutz combination in actual competitions, or any quads for that matter, then it‘s Anna all the way over Trusova. She just has the artistry and seems more mature than Trusova.

I‘m quite fine with the rest even though I don‘t quite agree with Alina being so low. Yes, she is going through puberty at the moment but her jumping ability in no way regressed. Her performance at Worlds was obviously to her not being mentally ready and still tired from just HAVING WON THE OGM! I agree that she will have some issues with her new programs but really, who doesn‘t? I love Evgenia more than Alina but one needs to be fair. If Evgenia is fine, Alina should be, too. Her technique is just better. And who says she will get an unremarkable program? I guess it‘s still a question mark on any of them right now, but I don‘t think Alina will be that bad.

russianfan

Match Penalty

1.Trusova
2.Scherbakova
3.Medvedeva
4.Kostornaia
5.Zagitova

Why I place Zagitova this low? Well, maybe it's not popular opinion - but I think this season's success was mostly due to her insanely difficult, brilliant and trained in 2 years to automatism FP. With more standart FP she wouldn't be noticed at all most likely - and considering that in new season she will have new FP and the fact that she somewhat lost her consistency and jumping abilities due to growth/puberty (judging by worlds and recent shows performances) it's a big question mark whether she will be able to repeat her success. In other words she was somewhat overrated this season - especially in PCS department. Her most valuable merit - for which she gained so strong boost in reputation/scores - is her very good physical/technical abilities - and she is losing it already comparing to juniors.

the main question is why you place Medvedeva that high :biggrin: she would be last one in my list :laugh:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Well, if Anna is able to land this quad lutz combination in actual competitions, or any quads for that matter, then it‘s Anna all the way over Trusova. She just has the artistry and seems more mature than Trusova.

If Anna will have 4Lz combination - Trusova will have lots of quads at that time :biggrin: To compete against Trusova can be as difficult as trying to overthrow train at full speed :cool:

madison

Record Breaker

1.Trusova
2.Scherbakova
3.Medvedeva
4.Kostornaia
5.Zagitova

And we saw at Worlds that the judges are not willing to give her high PCS for nothing, even if she's the OGM. She will have to work really hard for very high PCS.
I guess her team really packed her well this season, with the tutu costumes she stood out in the crowd. I wonder what programs they will give to her for next season:confused:

Fluture

Record Breaker
And we saw at Worlds that the judges are not willing to give her high PCS for nothing, even if she's the OGM. She will have to work really hard for very high PCS.
I guess her team really packed her well this season, with the tutu costumes she stood out in the crowd. I wonder what programs they will give to her for next season:confused:

I guess they will continue with this balletic themes. They‘ve worked for her, so why not? And you‘re right, they definitely made her stand out so I guess they will continue going for it. It can even become her signature thing, who knows? But I do hope that she gets a more mature program. Her Don Quixote was fine but a bit Juniorish in my opinion.

If Anna will have 4Lz combination - Trusova will have lots of quads at that time :biggrin: To compete against Trusova can be as difficult as trying to overthrow train at full speed :cool:

Well, that‘s true, I guess. I just meant that if the situation stays the same as it is right now, Anna should come in front. But you‘re right, unless Sasha gets injured, that‘s not very likely.

madison

Record Breaker
I guess they will continue with this balletic themes. They‘ve worked for her, so why not? And you‘re right, they definitely made her stand out so I guess they will continue going for it. It can even become her signature thing, who knows? But I do hope that she gets a more mature program. Her Don Quixote was fine but a bit Juniorish in my opinion.

Well, that‘s true, I guess. I just meant that if the situation stays the same as it is right now, Anna should come in front. But you‘re right, unless Sasha gets injured, that‘s not very likely.[/QUOT
I doubt they'll continue with balletic themes... but who knows?:cool14:
And there is also Alena Kostornaya in the game... she's also learning a quad and triple axel.