2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 757 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, at least she still has a small chance at a World bronze. That‘s very good, considering she completely flopped at the GPF where the strongest skaters of the season compete....

...and ....

...won a silver.

:rofl:

malya

On the Ice
On another note I completely missed the the Kudryavzev Trophy!

Alena Kanysheva went back to 3Lz-3T in the SP and finally scored above 70pts!

https://youtu.be/prPTD4uSXjo

They also uploaded many other great performances - I personally liked Maya K. (who also went clean!) here a lot more than last week. We might not see her at jrNats...

Sofia Akatieva (11 yo!)

https://youtu.be/v_OwP_GuTCE

zounger

Medalist
I think BillNeal is a huge Alina's fan and don't want to jinx her :biggrin: .

Ok, maybe she will win bronze, but I couldn't say that's her best hope. Her best hope is to skate clean and score 235-240.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Has she scored anywhere close at an ‘A’ event this season? I think many people agreed she should have been 3rd in the FS at GPF but had some UR’s overlooked and was propped up by the TP. She will also be skating at Japan Worlds versus 3 strong Japanese competitors.

"I think many people agreed" is just logical fallacy, appealing to nonspecified group of people (that should be somehow more qualified than the whole professional ISU staff) for supporting someone's statement is totally no argument for anything. The whole comment has just zero validity. BTW I remember talks like "GPF is in Canada, referees are most strict with evaluation of the performance" and things like that. Well, one Alina skate and many people agreed thing is here :biggrin:

sx98423

On the Ice
Has she scored anywhere close at an ‘A’ event this season? I think many people agreed she should have been 3rd in the FS at GPF but had some UR’s overlooked and was propped up by the TP. She will also be skating at Japan Worlds versus 3 strong Japanese competitors.

as opposed to GPF where she was skating against 3 weak japanese competitors?? i don't think worlds being in japan will give the japanese girls that much of a boost

and whether "many people" on the internet agreed or not doesn't really matter does it.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Of course Alina has a shot at winning Worlds this year. Rika is probably the only one who can beat her when she skates well. It's also possible that she comes 3rd, or even misses the podium like last year, but that's not the most likely outcome imo.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't understand how anyone would think Alina's Worlds spot is in jeopardy. She was the best Russian in 4 international events this season. She was the second best (age eligible) skater at Nationals. What could she possibly do at Euros that would make her not one of the three best women to send to Worlds?

Alina is Russian #1 by a Russian country mile! Any talk about no worlds for Alina is insane! Lol!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Hmm, I see a pretty clear decline in her jumps from 2015 Worlds to 2018 Olympics.

That being said, I'm just going by what Zhenya says. And she knows her own body well. Even Eteri says that the secret to her skaters' success is the hard training regime and multiple runthroughs. It's not hard to see that that wears you down when you no longer have the right body for it or the youth to bounce back from injuries. Do you think the reason behind the men's inconsistency is that they're not doing enough runthroughs? Sounds like a joke.

Zhenya, as an Olympic silver medalist and 2x World Champion, probably doesn't care that much about another World medal as much as she does to go to the next Olympics. The probability of that is probably close to 0% with Eteri. Even if it's 5% with Orser, it's a rational and very mature decision for her. She is smart to see the forest for the trees.

How were Zhenyas redults from 2015 to 2018 olympics? Checkmate! ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How were Zhenyas redults from 2015 to 2018 olympics? Checkmate! ;)

We’ll never really know how she would have fared if she continued another season with Eteri. We don’t even know the extent of what was in her mind that caused her to make this shocking move. At least I suspect we don’t have all the details.

Besides...Eteri was never the author of an 18 month plan. We can’t really expect results until after next season ;)

Until then...

:popcorn: :coffee:

taylor1

On the Ice
Agree, she would be hungry for that World medal and looking to stabilize after two subpar free skates at both Worlds last season and Nationals this season, that cause her to finish off the podium. There are obviously some issues that her team needs to address, otherwise with stiff competition from the Japanese ladies, the return of Liza and Caro, it's looking like the best hope for a World medal is a bronze.

Alina's best hope at worlds is a bronze?? In what world? The only skater that could beat a clean Zagitova is Rika. Alina has beaten both Caro and Liza multiple times

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
off topic! I read BillNeal and I remembered....Where is Blades of Passion? I read comment from BOF a long time ago.......:confused:

Watch

Final Flight
Oh come on, as long as she doesn't have any serious injuries, Alina is still the top contender for gold at Worlds together with Rika. Who is not super stable either, so where's the doom saying coming from?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I didn't know there were such rumours neither but I could guess that they come from the concern that Zhenya has been training for almost a month at the facilities of CSKA.

Ah thanks for the info. I didn’t realise it had been that long.

Scott512

Record Breaker
We’ll never really know how she would have fared if she continued another season with Eteri. We don’t even know the extent of what was in her mind that caused her to make this shocking move. At least I suspect we don’t have all the details.

Besides...Eteri was never the author of an 18 month plan. We can’t really expect results until after next season ;)

Until then...

:popcorn: :coffee:

For whatever it's worth she would have done a lot better this season than she did. Hope the 18 month plan works. It has to because 3 great Russian junior girls will be senior next season making for tougher competition for all ladies.

Ziotic

Medalist
For whatever it's worth she would have done a lot better this season than she did. Hope the 18 month plan works. It has to because 3 great Russian junior girls will be senior next season making for tougher competition for all ladies.

You don’t know that she would have done better.

She started training late and she’s still recovering from injury. She’s still not doing laybacks in programs, that says something about her bodies health.