2018-19 Russian Nationals live reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Nationals live reports

gkelly

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reports, @samkrut.

Neither I nor people around me could understand Daria Panenkova’score. She had a good combo, then one jump mistake. Why was she destroyed by judges/tech? She skated not superb but quite solid.

You should have a better sense than those of watching on video how her skating skills and general filling the ice/filling the space compared to others with regards to the program components.

I can tell why she got no credit for her final combination spin: she made two changes of foot, which is not allowed in the short program: the SP requirement for the combination spin is exactly one change of foot. Did she forget which program she was skating? Or not know the rules?

That probably cost her 3-5 points, so she still would have finished in the same place with a legal spin, but by a smaller margin.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thank you samkrut for posting your thoughts here and also in the Russian ladies thread :thumbsup:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I agree with samkrut about Trusova. Her short did seem a bit more tentative, less fiery than at her first JGP. It wasn’t a bad showing by any means, but she didn’t seem 100%.