• Mariah BELL

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Courtney HICKS

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lesnar001

Record Breaker
There have already been some great debuts for the Ladies thus far.

I think that Rika Kihira's debut has to be the most anticipated by far.

And for her debut she faces both Satoko Miyahara (arguably the top Japanese skater) and the resurgent Liza T (armed with her own 3A!)

I am so looking forward to this. Go Rika!!!!

moriel

Record Breaker
How can one not like Satoko? :shocked: I mean, to each their own but other than her smallish jumps (which she‘s trying to change now - tough woman!! :clap: ) everything else about her skating is top notch. Lovely interpretation, sublime skating skills, good programs - especially her SP. :luv17:

I‘m hoping for another win for her too. I don‘t have anything against Rika at all - I just prefer Satoko!! But I do think if Rika is clean, Satoko could have a hard time beating her. Rika‘s tech is just too high and she isn‘t too bad on the PCS side either. She still gets newcomer PCS and is rightfully below Satoko there but those 3As...

Anyway, it‘s not even a competition between only Satoko and Rika for gold. Liza is in the mix as well, maybe even Mai, too. Satoko is in the midst of reworking her jumps and Rika is sometimes a bit inconsistent. If they falter, Liza will be right there to snatch the gold. That‘s what makes this ladies competition here so interesting. So many top ladies so it all comes down to who skates the cleanest that day.

I suppose it is a matter of taste.
For me, she is a snoozefest, like Masha and Zabiyako/Enbert

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well well, this is an unpredictable event. There is 4 girls who can finish at the top. The safe bet would be Satoko's first. As she's consistent and can score big. And i don't think reworking her jumps is that disturbing (i think it's not Mao-like jump reworking. Trying new entries, starting with singles, etc.)

The wild bet would be Mai Mihara first.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Such a thrilling field with so many skaters I like! Too bad both programs are at approximately 3 AM my time and I can't afford to stay up late this weekend due to morning commitments... so I'll be :bed: but cheering for Satoko, Mai, Liza, Mariah, Eunsoo and Rika K in my heart!

leoleo

Medalist
This is by far the most exciting Ladies event! so many favorites! I am rooting for my baby girl Rika of course (i'm scared, Rika please do well) but also Satoko, i mean you can count on her, Mai is also consistent. There's a real possibility for an all japanese podium but will Tuktik let that happen? We'll see! I also hope Eunsoo will have a beautiful GP debut and make Korea proud. i'll be watching and cheering for all the ladies.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Oooh exciting!!

there are 7 ladies here that are really “Top 6 material”, but of course, only 6 of them can make it to the top 6! Who will rise up to the occasion?

Personally, I’m cheering for Tiny Queen, Mai and Masha!

nguyhm

On the Ice
So many ladies I have soft spots for so I'm cheering for all of them. I think Satoko will win, battle of silver (and 3As) between Rika and Liza T. Hoping for Mai and Mariah to have their best skates and place top 5. So many good skaters not enough spots on the podium. Exciting line up but hard on my heart - happy and sad at the same time.

zounger

Medalist
I think Rika will win this. She has nothing to lose, the pressure is on the other ladies and she has all the abilities to do it. Three 3A are a lot in the current ladies field.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think Rika will win this. She has nothing to lose, the pressure is on the other ladies and she has all the abilities to do it. Three 3A are a lot in the current ladies field.
Why does she have nothing to lose?

rikaquegira

On the Ice

What? Rika has nothing to lose?? The pressure is on the other ladies???? WHAT?? :eek:

Sorry, but I'm really confused. :laugh:

This is Rika's senior debut, at NHK, home crowd, competing against top Japanese lady Satoko, against the only other Lady with a 3A, Tuktamysheva. The pressure is enormous. As you said, she has all the abilities to win this, I totally agree, if she skates both programs clean, I don't know how someone else would win this event. That only adds more pressure. She HAS to be perfect in order to get Gold. And then this will add even more pressure to IdF and the rest of the season. And you know, expectations are already pretty high, considering her massive layout, what she could produce.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I also think this is going to be tough competition for Rika. It's the first one she is considered as World title contender. She has two aims at this competition - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva the former World champion and owner of 3A and Satoko Miyahara long time leader of Japan ladies team. On her way she should overtake them both. And it's not an easy task for any skater.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Planned Program Content is up!
http://cloud.isu.org/index.php/s/Rn2PO3yZ321TI7C

Rika is not going for the 3A+3T! :sad21: I don't like how they keep changing her layout, they did the same thing last season, it makes me even more nervous! :gaah:
But I'll hope it's for the best! She'll go for a 3A+2T instead and have a 3Lz+3T as her triple triple. :agree:

I can't wait for the competition, it will be awesome!!! :yahoo:

SXTN

Final Flight

Rika is not going for the 3A+3T! :sad21: I don't like how they keep changing her layout, they did the same thing last season, it makes me even more nervous! :gaah:
But I'll hope it's for the best! She'll go for a 3A+2T instead and have a 3Lz+3T as her triple triple. :agree:

Why don't they switch the order of 3Lz-3T and 3F so that the 3-3 is in the bonus?

With Liza's program I am still amused. It is almost ridiculous to include a 3A that doesn't give you any benefit at all?! :laugh2: Looking at the program I don't see where they want to include the 3F. Maybe they will replace the second 3Lz by a 3F in the couse of the season. :rofl:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Eun Soo, Rika and Mai. So many of my faves.
:yahoo: Really hope Eun Soo can sneak for the bronze.

Another great comp! Can you believe some people actually would rather watch football? Break out the adult beverages and popcorn! :popcorn: Only need one other skater. ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Thanks for putting up the program content!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Eunsoo has moved her -3T from the 2A to the 3Lz for her FS. She did have troble with it at US Classic so I get why, but I'm a bit sad that she's just going to have two 2A singles. Still, if that's the way darling squirtle can have a clean free then I'm all for it. I so want her to have a great senior GP debut, just be your best darling :pray:

Side note, I hope the attending Korean fans send my love along with theirs when they cheer for Eunsoo. And I want to see squirtle holding a huge squirtle plushy :laugh:

tosca

On the Ice
Well well, this is an unpredictable event. There is 4 girls who can finish at the top. The safe bet would be Satoko's first. As she's consistent and can score big. And i don't think reworking her jumps is that disturbing (i think it's not Mao-like jump reworking. Trying new entries, starting with singles, etc.)

The wild bet would be Mai Mihara first.

Yume - i feel like you and I are always on the same wavelength.

leoleo

Medalist
Why don't they switch the order of 3Lz-3T and 3F so that the 3-3 is in the bonus?

With Liza's program I am still amused. It is almost ridiculous to include a 3A that doesn't give you any benefit at all?! :laugh2: Looking at the program I don't see where they want to include the 3F. Maybe they will replace the second 3Lz by a 3F in the couse of the season. :rofl:

A 3-3 in the second half is too risky for Rika who's not known for being consistent. Her base value is good enough to win everything this season IF she skates clean. The big IF is the scary thing here. It's not worth adding difficulty when it's already such a risk. Maybe if as the season goes she gains confidence she can upgrade her layout by adding a 3-3 in the second half maybe even a -3lo since she's been practicing them. I think it's perfect the way it is right now.

Ladies SP order is out Guys https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrcyQeLVYAEFb9w.jpg
I will be waking up at 6am to stream and i'm not even sad about it. This is the most exciting of the GP for me! :yahoo: