2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ting won bronze at JW19. NOT an easy task faced with all those Russian, Japanese and Korean skaters.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Emily Zhang is listed for 2019-20 Team D envelope funding from USFS.

Per 2019-20 envelope criteria, she would have to be the Emily Zhang (Richmond FSC) who placed sixth in Junior Ladies at 2019 Nats (as opposed to the other Emily Zhang [SC of New York]).

Mentioning b/c I believe I have seen rumors(?) that the Emily Zhang from Richmond FSC was going to represent China?

USFS envelope funding would suggest that the rumors are not true.

ETA (on Jul 3)
Skaters seen at the camp:
- Emilia Murdock
- Alysa Liu
- Hanna Harrell
- Isabeau Levito
- Pooja Kalyan
- Lindsay Thorngren
- Sarah Jung (?)

Not an exhaustive list, but more High Performance Camp names: Katie McBeath and Indi Cha (as noted above); Audrey Shin, Sierra Venetta, Starr, Amber, Ellen Slavicek, Alena Budko, Noelle Rosa, Aubrey Ignacio. 99% sure that I saw Akari Nakahara and Kanon Smith in photos. Yes to Sarah Jung. …

Off topic for this thread, but among the men at the camp (again, not an exhaustive list): Torgashev, Tomoki, Krasnozhon, Ryan Dunk, Dinh, JoonSoo, Lucas Altieri, William Annis, Nick Hsieh, Joe Klein, Chase Finster, Eric Sjoberg, Liam Kapeikis, Ilia Malinin,....​

natsulian

Final Flight
Emily Zhang is listed for 2019-20 Team D envelope funding from USFS.

Per 2019-20 envelope criteria, she would have to be the Emily Zhang (Richmond FSC) who placed sixth in Junior Ladies at 2019 Nats (as opposed to the other Emily Zhang).

Mentioning b/c I believe I have seen rumors(?) that the Emily Zhang from Richmond FSC was going to represent China?

USFS envelope funding would suggest that the rumors are not true.

Thanks.

US Figure Skating 2019-2020 Team Envelop:

Team A - Alysa Liu, Bradie Tennell, and Mariah Bell

Team B - Starr Andrews, Ting Cui, Hanna Harrell, Megan Wessenberg, Karen Chen

Team C - Amber Glenn, Emilia Murdock, Audrey Shin, and Gabriella Izzo

Team D - Emily Zhang, Wren Warne-Jacobson, Aubrey Ignacio, Sarah Jung, Calista Choi, and Isabelle Inthisone

macy

Record Breaker
Really? The first time I saw her she was just up from Juniors and she fell four or five times in her program. And then the last time I saw her many years later she fell five times in her program. Underrated? Huh. Not feeling it.

Here is her SP at 2012 Worlds where she fell or fell out on everything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_nsUfN6DNQ If it's possible she was even worse in the LP, which fortunately for her sake is not on YT because I think she fell on EVERYTHING. I'm not in the camp of her being underrated. Sorry. Beautiful woman, beautiful spins, but, well... all those nasty falls. It's like complimenting the fine china on the Titanic.

one bad competition as a new senior and one bad competition at the end of her career, where i'm pretty sure she competed injured, doesn't take away from a 12 year international senior career nor anything she accomplished in between.

natsulian

Final Flight
With the Junior Grand Prix season about to unfold in two months, here are some updates on possible contenders for Junior Grand Prix spots apart from Alysa, Hanna, Audrey, and Pooja.

- Jessica Lin: Solid 3T-3T and has nice musicality. Scored 164.72 at the Broadmoor Open.
- Kate Wang: Has a solid 3Lz-3T, is working on a 3A, and was told that she needed to look more "mature" by judges at the recent camp.
- Lindsay Thorngren: Scored 110 in her Free Skate at her most recent competition and has a 3Lz+3T.
- Sarah Jung: Listed as being part of Team D on the Team Envelope and has a 3A at her disposal alongside a 3Lz+Eu+3S and 3Lz+3T. Scored 66+ in her T.E.S. at Broadmoor Open.
- Calista Choi: Spreading her time between pairs and singles, but is one of the most promising Juniors we have with good skating skills and musicality. Has not competed at a summer competition yet.
- Gabriella Izzo: She will compete as a Junior internationally and has scored 180+ internationally, so she is a possible medal contender. Has displayed 3Lz+3Lo and 3F+3Lo.
- Isabelle Inthisone: Scored 140+ at her recent summer competition and is working on a 4T and solid 3-3.
- Noella Rose: Did pretty well at the Broadmoor Open and has a nice 3Lz-3T. Scored 140+ at Broadmoor Open.

Junior skaters who cannot compete internationally, but will be podium threats at Nationals:
- Isabeau Levito: Scored 103 in her Free Skate during the qualifying round at Broadmoor Open and placed 2nd overall in the final round. Has a 3S+3T and 3Lo+3T at her disposal and is working on her 3Lz. Will be eligible next season. High PCS and TES for her age.
- Mia Kalin: She trains with Alysa Liu and has a 3Lz+3T and 3F+Eu+3S at her disposal. Will be eligible in two seasons.

doubleaxelgirl

Spectator
With the Junior Grand Prix season about to unfold in two months, here are some updates on possible contenders for Junior Grand Prix spots apart from Alysa, Hanna, Audrey, and Pooja.

- Jessica Lin: Solid 3T-3T and has nice musicality. Scored 164.72 at the Broadmoor Open.
- Kate Wang: Has a solid 3Lz-3T, is working on a 3A, and was told that she needed to look more "mature" by judges at the recent camp.
- Lindsay Thorngren: Scored 110 in her Free Skate at her most recent competition and has a 3Lz+3T.
- Sarah Jung: Listed as being part of Team D on the Team Envelope and has a 3A at her disposal alongside a 3Lz+Eu+3S and 3Lz+3T. Scored 66+ in her T.E.S. at Broadmoor Open.
- Calista Choi: Spreading her time between pairs and singles, but is one of the most promising Juniors we have with good skating skills and musicality. Has not competed at a summer competition yet.
- Gabriella Izzo: She will compete as a Junior internationally and has scored 180+ internationally, so she is a possible medal contender. Has displayed 3Lz+3Lo and 3F+3Lo.
- Isabelle Inthisone: Scored 140+ at her recent summer competition and is working on a 4T and solid 3-3.
- Noella Rose: Did pretty well at the Broadmoor Open and has a nice 3Lz-3T. Scored 140+ at Broadmoor Open.

Junior skaters who cannot compete internationally, but will be podium threats at Nationals:
- Isabeau Levito: Scored 103 in her Free Skate during the qualifying round at Broadmoor Open and placed 2nd overall in the final round. Has a 3S+3T and 3Lo+3T at her disposal and is working on her 3Lz. Will be eligible next season. High PCS and TES for her age.
- Mia Kalin: She trains with Alysa Liu and has a 3Lz+3T and 3F+Eu+3S at her disposal. Will be eligible in two seasons.

Kate also has a good 3Lz-3Lo

natsulian

Final Flight
I decided to re-watch some old performances and I ended up watching Bradie's 2017 Skate America Short and Long... then I re-watched her most recent performances at the World Team Trophy/Worlds and she has improved SO much. Cannot wait to see what the new season has in store for her.

figurefan0726

Final Flight

I am pretty sure Gabriella Izzo will get a JGP spot since she is the junior national champion.

macy

Record Breaker
not sure why i haven't really watched gabriella izzo until now, but she really has some nice qualities to her skating and has quite a bit of potential. her jumps are nice quality and she has moments where she emotes. obviously the rest will come with experience/age, but i'm excited to see how she does in the next couple years. here is her FS from the egna trophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tgi3cxRXrY

MarinHondas

Final Flight

BTW, Isabelle landed a clean( to my eye) 3-3 at her summer comp. https://www.instagram.com/p/Byxd7JwnNe-/?igshid=gebav1idjj03 , rest of the program must have been messy to score that low... but nice to see:thumbsup:

frida80

Record Breaker

This list is exactly why we need a junior test skate before the JGP season.

USFS going to be looking at their scores in summer competitions to decide who gets a spot. I'm going to look at all these names closely to see who will make the JGP list and who gets those coveted spots.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I decided to re-watch some old performances and I ended up watching Bradie's 2017 Skate America Short and Long... then I re-watched her most recent performances at the World Team Trophy/Worlds and she has improved SO much. Cannot wait to see what the new season has in store for her.

That's what I really like about her. She might not have a natural "It" quality, but she is sure going to work hard to get "It". I really don't have any favorites in US ladies, but she's the one I admire the most. It's not easy being the 'elder' statesman and realizing you've got to work harder than before to keep up with the 3axel and quad girls.

skatinggold

On the Ice
Alysa is so consistent with these quads and triple axle, rarely see her fall. Her TES will beat everyone in the Junior Grand Prix. Her jumps looks so much improved since last year. Junior World Champion this year for sure with 2 quad lutz and 2 triple axles. I just don’t know who can beat her with that type of TES. I am glad that her team is working on these hard jumps when she is young rather than older. She has time to improve her skating skills as she ages just like Nathan rather than like Jason who has all the artistic marks but can’t jump a quad. This girl is the IT girl. It’s just insane how fast she rotates in the air.