2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

Elana

On the Ice
Emilia Murdock never done triple loop in her short and long program in the any competition until this year March including international competiton after National. She just put triple loop in her short program in the lack placid and Glacier fall due to the rule change of Junior grand prix this year, but she fell very hardly this jump in both competitions. Triple loop is required for Junior short program this year!!!!

I’m a little confused by where this is coming from? Milly had a triple loop in her long all season last year, I believe. She also had her flip and salchow before her loop, so she is stronger with them than the loop. It only makes sense that she would do a flip and lutz in her short, both because they are stronger jumps for her and have higher base value. I don’t think you can judge a jump by two summer competitions, give her time.

Side note, I have been following Milly for many years now and competed against her for a while. A lot of talent comes out of New England, but there was always something special about Milly. For years me and my mom have said that she would be the one to make it to the top and would always make a point of watching her at competitions. She is very dedicated, but also very spunky and very kind. As someone who has been a fan of hers since she was much younger, it is very cool to see that she has made it to the JGP and is making a name for herself, even without the technical content that she needs yet. I hope others are able to see in her what I do, even if it takes her a couple more years to reach her full potential.

nataliebunard12

Rinkside
I’m a little confused by where this is coming from? Milly had a triple loop in her long all season last year, I believe. She also had her flip and salchow before her loop, so she is stronger with them than the loop. It only makes sense that she would do a flip and lutz in her short, both because they are stronger jumps for her and have higher base value. I don’t think you can judge a jump by two summer competitions, give her time.

Side note, I have been following Milly for many years now and competed against her for a while. A lot of talent comes out of New England, but there was always something special about Milly. For years me and my mom have said that she would be the one to make it to the top and would always make a point of watching her at competitions. She is very dedicated, but also very spunky and very kind. As someone who has been a fan of hers since she was much younger, it is very cool to see that she has made it to the JGP and is making a name for herself, even without the technical content that she needs yet. I hope others are able to see in her what I do, even if it takes her a couple more years to reach her full potential.

Emilia Murdock is 16 years old and still doesn't have a triple triple tho..

natsulian

Final Flight

She has a triple-triple, but not a consistent one. She’s also practicing the 3A and has great energy and performance skills. A lot of these girls will probably upgrade as the season progresses. I know a few Junior ladies who said they want to upgrade to a 3Lz+3T by Nationals because that’s what the junior scene has become in a very short time: you need a consistent 3-3 to even be in the Top 5/6. For example, the top Junior ladies right now are either doing the 3Lz+3T, 3Lz+3Lo, or the 3F+3T with one attempting a 3Lo+3T.

- Lindsay Thorngren: 3Lz+3T and 3Lz+3Lo<
- Kate Wang: 3Lz+3Lo, 3Lz+3T, and 3F+Eu+3S
- Isabelle Inthisone: 4T<, 3F+3T, and 3Lz+Eu+3S
- Mia Kalin: 3A (in progress), 3Lz+3T, and 3F+Eu+3S
- Isabeau Levito: 3Lz+3T+2Lo, 3S+3T, and 3Lo+3T
- Jessica Lin: 3T+3T
- Sarah Jung: 3A<, 3Lz+3T, 3F+Eu+3S, 4S (in progress)
- Hanna Harrell: 3Lz+3T and 4T (in progress)
- Alysa Liu: 3A+3T, 4Lz+2T, 3Lz+3T, and 3F+Eu+3S
- Audrey Shin: 4T< and 3Lz+3T
- Noelle Rose: 3Lz+3T<
- Pooja Kalyan: 3T+3T, 3Lz+3T, and 3F+3T
- Gabriella Izzo: 3F+3Lo and 3Lz+3Lo<

Last year, we had 6 Juniors who successfully executed 3-3s... this year, we have 13 young ladies who have already showcased their 3-3’s while some are attempting the 3A and quads. Heck, we have a few Novice ladies with clean 3Lz+3Ts or other 3-3s. In just ONE year, the playing field has changed SO much.

Of the 13 ladies I posted, 7 of them will be at Nationals as juniors and we have a few with 3+2+2 or 3+2 who are working on a 3-3 (like Ellen Slavicek who is working on a 3Lz+3T). To me, I feel like the junior level at Nationals will be more competitive technically than the senior level Nationals this year.

Elana

On the Ice

I'm well aware, she definitely does not have her tech up to par, I mentioned that... However, you can tell that she is working on her 3+3 given the entrance to the triple toe in her long. It would definitely be better if she was younger, but look at Bradie, she didn't reach her full potential until she was a bit older.

Also, I totally see more potential in Alysa, Hanna (my personal fav junior), maybe Kate, Lindsay and Sarah. But honestly, I find Milly the next best entertaining skater after Alysa and Hanna. I think she is more musical, engaging, and smoother, and maybe that is because she is a little older and had more time to perfect those skills. I think if she gains consistency and a triple triple, she will be better than a lot of the girls who are juniors.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Of the 13 ladies I posted, 7 of them will be at Nationals as juniors

I think the junior field will be pretty packed nationally this year, and there may well be some surprises as to who qualifies and who doesn't. It's not a done deal until November.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Last year, we had 6 Juniors who successfully executed 3-3s... this year, we have 13 young ladies who have already showcased their 3-3’s while some are attempting the 3A and quads. Heck, we have a few Novice ladies with clean 3Lz+3Ts or other 3-3s. In just ONE year, the playing field has changed SO much.

It's very impressive, and these junior/novice ladies are working hard to catch up to the Russian and Japanese skaters. It's also important that they are successful with all the triple jump elements; the whole reason skaters learn a 3-3 is to accrue more points in the SP and have an opportunity to do an extra triple in the LP. So if they aren't hitting everything else regularly, the extra difficulty doesn't help that much. Hopefully training the difficult moves (especially the 3A and quads) helps improve the quality of the other triples, as we saw in last couple of years from Mirai and Elizabet.

natsulian

Final Flight
It's very impressive, and these junior/novice ladies are working hard to catch up to the Russian and Japanese skaters. It's also important that they are successful with all the triple jump elements; the whole reason skaters learn a 3-3 is to accrue more points in the SP and have an opportunity to do an extra triple in the LP. So if they aren't hitting everything else regularly, the extra difficulty doesn't help that much. Hopefully training the difficult moves (especially the 3A and quads) helps improve the quality of the other triples, as we saw in last couple of years from Mirai and Elizabet.
Mia Kalin, Lindsay Thorngren, Kate Wang, Isabeau Levito, and Jessica Lin are the most consistent with their 3-3's. Isabeau just got her 3Lz this year and was already dishing out 3Lz+3T+2T. Audrey Meredith, a novice lady, got ALL of her triples AND the 2A in the span of 10-11 months and successfully landed a 3Lz+3T, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, and 2A+3T. Kate is an early season kind of girl, so I hope she gets an early Junior Grand Prix. By the time Nationals rolls around, we might see some new faces and some of the girls who were great during the summer falter and not even make it to Nationals. Only time will tell.

Kate Wang's Free Skate at Skate Detroit --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUlvjOK0ek&list=PLZKxHbhdPFF7VLc7GhNtwCWuFpN6JtQon&index=8&t=0s
Jessica Lin's Free Skate at Skate Detroit --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVWGhGYlKAo&list=PLZKxHbhdPFF7VLc7GhNtwCWuFpN6JtQon&index=10&t=0s
Mia Kalin's Free Skate at CCIA --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p97ws1jBTw
Lindsay Thorngren's Free Skate at Southern CT --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsV1AFVOK-4

P.S. - Does anyone see a little bit of Midori Ito in Kate... or is it just me? Maybe it's the face shape and the hair.

nataliebunard12

Rinkside
I'm well aware, she definitely does not have her tech up to par, I mentioned that... However, you can tell that she is working on her 3+3 given the entrance to the triple toe in her long. It would definitely be better if she was younger, but look at Bradie, she didn't reach her full potential until she was a bit older.

Also, I totally see more potential in Alysa, Hanna (my personal fav junior), maybe Kate, Lindsay and Sarah. But honestly, I find Milly the next best entertaining skater after Alysa and Hanna. I think she is more musical, engaging, and smoother, and maybe that is because she is a little older and had more time to perfect those skills. I think if she gains consistency and a triple triple, she will be better than a lot of the girls who are juniors.

Bradie did reach her full potential at an older age, but she still maintained her jumps well . Now with these young girls who are tiny and rely on rotation and quickness, we need to see how growing might affect their jumps. As you get older the rotation speed will slow down.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Apparently, Starr Andrews is competing at the Philadelphia competition this weekend. Can anyone confirm this? I’m curious because there aren’t many competitions left before champs camp. So who’ll get the SA host spot?

frida80

Record Breaker
Apparently, Starr Andrews is competing at the Philadelphia competition this weekend. Can anyone confirm this? I’m curious because there aren’t many competitions left before champs camp. So who’ll get the SA host spot?

Sylvia said that she Karen and Young will be at Philly International. As for the SA spot, I think Amber is getting it. No one with out a GP spot has scored as high as she at Skate Detroit.

natsulian

Final Flight
From the practices, Karen landed a rotated 3Lz+3T and Starr, Akari, and Young You were also there. No signs of Hanna Harrell.

EDIT: Hanna is indeed at the competition.

bytheriver

On the Ice
8:40 PM for the normal senior ladies and 9 AM for the international senior ladies. Then there’s an FS round at 6:30 PM for the international senior ladies.

Link: https://iceworkssc.org/events/philadelphia-summer-championships/

It’s actually 12 for the international ladies SP and 10:45 AM on Saturday for the FS. The schedule is a little confusing with the abbreviations for warm ups and practice ice. Looking forward to seeing Karen and Starr!!

natsulian

Final Flight
It’s actually 12 for the international ladies SP and 10:45 AM on Saturday for the FS. The schedule is a little confusing with the abbreviations for warm ups and practice ice. Looking forward to seeing Karen and Starr!!
Ahhh, thank you. I was so confused.

andromache

Record Breaker
I saw a video of Karen's 3Lz-3T on twitter (sorry, don't have the link) and it's the best one I have ever seen her do.