Maxim Naumov 66.24 ISP
Jordan Moeller 65.39 ISP
Dinh Tran 63.59 ISP
Sean Rabbitt 62.91 ISP
Camden Pulkinen 62.40 ISP
Ben Jalovick 56.87 M Co Springs

mrrice

Record Breaker
The US has the best men's skater in the world right now and this thread is way down the list. Nathan's free skate at ISP 2 was awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbGX-Ps8fZE

If his performances at these early events are any indication, he is on track to cruise into his third World Championship.
I completely agree. He is by far the top man in the US and it will be interesting to see if he has an international challenger.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe in a more "normal" season, there would be more general excitement in the big wide sporting world over Nathan. Certainly USFS celebrates him, as well they ought. But I fear general acclaim is an issue with men's skating in the US that has yet to be solved.

I don't know if Yuzu is planning to go to Worlds, but he certainly seems like the only logical challenger. Sadly, I do not know if Worlds with American skaters will even take place this year. And since I would love to see Jason at Worlds, that is a difficult concept for me to accept. I certainly hope we can:pray:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Maybe in a more "normal" season, there would be more general excitement in the big wide sporting world over Nathan. Certainly USFS celebrates him, as well they ought. But I fear general acclaim is an issue with men's skating in the US that has yet to be solved.

I don't know if Yuzu is planning to go to Worlds, but he certainly seems like the only logical challenger. Sadly, I do not know if Worlds with American skaters will even take place this year. And since I would love to see Jason at Worlds, that is a difficult concept for me to accept. I certainly hope we can:pray:
Has Yuzu competed yet?

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has Yuzu competed yet?

He has announced that he is skipping the GP this year. As far as I know, he is in Japan and unable to train at TCC. I don't know if he has made any announcements about Worlds.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's an article on Fanzone from 10/7 about Alex Krasnozhon. I was overdue for a little inspiration, and my boy Alex provides it here. There's a great paragraph near the end where Alex talks about why he wants to be a US citizen. I must say, with the depressing tone of some of the campaigning recently, it is very uplifting to hear Alex's views concerning freedoms and life in the USA.

A quote from the article:

Looking at Life Beyond Skating
Krasnozhon hopes to get citizenship ahead of the 2022 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships and to be named to the Olympic team. After that, his experience going through immigration has inspired him to eventually pursue a law degree and practice immigration law to help people like himself who want to make the United States their home.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Hope this isn't too off-topic - would anyone know how much interaction goes on between the different coaching groups at Broadmoor? I'm a fan of many current and recent males singles skaters from there, especially those with Christy Krall and Damon Allen (Tomoki, Camden, Andrew, Joshua Farris from further back). After hearing of recent news/allegations regarding Dalilah Sappenfield/the Broadmoor pairs situation, I was wondering if other coaches or disciplines in the same club might have been aware of or affected by these matters. I'm hoping that the situation is more isolated with groups operating within their individual bubbles...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hope this isn't too off-topic - would anyone know how much interaction goes on between the different coaching groups at Broadmoor? I'm a fan of many current and recent males singles skaters from there, especially those with Christy Krall and Damon Allen (Tomoki, Camden, Andrew, Joshua Farris from further back). After hearing of recent news/allegations regarding Dalilah Sappenfield/the Broadmoor pairs situation, I was wondering if other coaches or disciplines in the same club might have been aware of or affected by these matters. I'm hoping that the situation is more isolated with groups operating within their individual bubbles...
She and her teams aren't at Broadmoor, they're in Monument, CO. Why is this in men's thread?

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@Flying Feijoa , I think you may be referring to a events that allegedly occurred when Dalilah’s teams were still at Broadmoor.

I don’t want to derail the men’s thread too much, but I will say that Camden, Tomoki and Andrew T. appear to train together frequently, at least by their social media. There is or was some sort of “team effort” going on with the singles coaches there, although I don’t know how closely that is or exactly what that even means.

of course who is friendly with who doesn’t even depend on that :) and whether they were “aware” depends on what happened, something else we don’t know for sure 🤷‍♀️

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
@Flying Feijoa , I think you may be referring to a events that allegedly occurred when Dalilah’s teams were still at Broadmoor.
Yep, sorry I didn't make it clearer. Thanks for helping explain on my behalf.
This thread seemed at first the most relevant location since I was concerned whether there was any potential impact on the group of men's singles skaters who I like. A separate thread was created afterwards out of the Pairs thread to discuss those events, but it's not really relevant there either/I'd rather not dwell on this line of thought, so never mind - maybe I should just delete the above post... :bed:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yep, sorry I didn't make it clearer. Thanks for helping explain on my behalf.
This thread seemed at first the most relevant location since I was concerned whether there was any potential impact on the group of men's singles skaters who I like. A separate thread was created afterwards out of the Pairs thread to discuss those events, but it's not really relevant there either/I'd rather not dwell on this line of thought, so never mind - maybe I should just delete the above post... :bed:
A new thread has been dedicated to the topic you are discussing. Search threads for "Emma" and you should find it.

mrrice

Record Breaker
A new thread has been dedicated to the topic you are discussing. Search threads for "Emma" and you should find it.
I couldn't find the "Off Topic" thing but, this is off topic. What is Richard Dornbush up to these days. I believe he went to Medical School, right. Is he in his residency or is he a doctor now?

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Did Andrew Torgashev move to California? I saw the USFS 2020-21 roster was updated and Rafael Arutunian is listed as his coach and training center is Irvine?
Maaaaan, I hope this is true. Arutunyan could do wonders with him, I think. And a coaching change is overdue. That could explain the noticeable silence, too.

readernick

Medalist
Maaaaan, I hope this is true. Arutunyan could do wonders with him, I think. And a coaching change is overdue. That could explain the noticeable silence, too.
He wasn't really with Christy Krall for long -less than two years I believe. She did improve his jumping technique. She is a great technician. However, I think Andrew probably needs to be in a more motivating environment and training with more motivated skaters will be good for him. Nathan, Ilia Malilin probably run through their programs a lot more than Andrew does..... I hope this is the reason he isn't participating in SKA and it has nothing to do with injury.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Raf made a statement regarding Andrew's coaching change.
Thanks! Just read it.

So it’s true! I’m excited! Arutunyan even said a few corrections have already been made. I have it in my head that he’s referring to the 3A.

I’m also relieved that his absence isn’t due to injury. Whew!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, take Andrew T.'s number one fangirl and knock her over with a feather:eek:

Maybe, having watched so many of Andrew's skates for six years, I have a slightly different take....

Andrew's issue is not that he can't land quads or that he has terrible technique (as far as I can tell) or that he "needs" five more quads. His biggest issue is confidence.

Andrew needs, far more than jump corrections, his head in the right place. He *needs* to skate two programs in a row in that wonderful, dramatic, blade to ice, way that Andrew can. But has so far done only with one program per comp:confused: Now, jump technique and jump correction and having a famous coach like Raf may give him that confidence. So Yaaaaas if it does(y)

Christy Krall has always been Andrew's tech coach, even when his parents were his main coaches, so this will be his first completely new environment. Training with Tomoki and Camden he has always had a push (and in fact, probably more of a "push" than he would get training with Nathan, as Tomoki and Camden were his direct competition).

But wow again. Big move, hope it works:clap: