2020 Ice Star

anonymoose_au

Making sequined tie and vest combos cool
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Seriously though, does Team Mishin know what the voiceover means? I feel like they must not.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or not!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
do not exit the building :LOL: fine i won't
Oh that's fine, I meant the er...climax bit...

Gasp! Vika wins! Unless the 3rd group makes a huge comeback or do they not actual get medals? (Rina Ryabova came second in at St Petersburg comp, but didn't get a medal because she wasn't officially competiting).

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Safonova wins with almost 19 points!

I must say the Mishin girls seemed to have a bit of a stamina problem.

Can someone tell Mishin that he mustn't run around arena's without a mask. The guy is a relic and antique. The Russian's must take care of him.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Can someone tell Mishin that he mustn't run around arena's without mask. The guy is a relic and antique. The Russian's must take care of him.
Mr Mishin appears to be a law onto himself :( I was hoping Urmanov could set him straight at the 3rd Russian Cup stage, but alas.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so I'm back a lot sooner than I expected.

I was planning on watching the F1 race LIVE, and then coming back to the skating once it was over. However, because I have been watching skating the past few days, I didn't know was that the schedule had been changed, and that the race was starting an hour earlier than planned. :mad: :mad: :mad:

So, I'll have to wait for the race to appear on the On Demand.

Well that was odd! The Zambonis did not appear so there was apparently a 10 minute break for...some reason? :scratch2:

It was because there were 2 withdrawals from Group 1 (#1 Emilea ZINGAS and #3 Alina IUSHCHENKOVA), and the organisers wanted Group 2 to start at the scheduled time. So, they stuck in a roughly 10 minute break.

It wasn't because they didn't want me to get too far behind! :laugh:

Thank you for stepping up and providing those watching LIVE with this link! :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

This stream, from the Ministry Of Sport And Tourism, has actually been on air all morning. I had it open in the background as a backup in case there were any shenanigans like there has been the past few days. It also went off air at the end of the Group 2 Warm-Up, but came back half-way through #7 Kristina SKULETA-GROMOVA's routine.

The Skating Fed's channel that we had been watching started up a new stream, but it started slightly later than the Ministry's, coming on air at the start of #8 Viktoria SAFONOVA. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nLuameFTM

I realise that all this doesn't matter to you guys that were watching live. But, I'm just putting it in the thread for future reference.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@CaroLiza_fan i'm allucinating or Emilea didn't withdraw

What the...

I thought the live scoring page couldn't cope with late withdrawals, and so got messed up. So, Emilea and the Israeli-Russian sisters are actually there?

What on Earth is going on?!

By the way, I've just started watching what we have of Kristina S-G. Don't like slowed down Scorpions! :mad: I want them proper speed!!! :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is confusing I'm sure I heard someone mentioned in this thread that as they're representating Cyprus and Israel they're not officially in the competition.

Why they've been put in a separate group I don't know. Could it be Corona virus related?