2020 Ice Star | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2020 Ice Star

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
it looked like grumpa (and mrs. Mishina)

It was Mishin. I was going to tell @elektra blue off for referring to him as "grumpaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!", but I decided to reply to a different comment instead.

CaroLiza_fan
Grumpa, I love it! :laugh2:

Also I see Urmanov's mask intervention did not eventuate and now he's not wearing a mask at all.

The hat is cool though! I always approve of Mishin in a hat.

Also Happy Belated Coach Day to the Professor!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
lunch time, i'm going to miss pairs and some of junior girls, see you later!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
lunch time, i'm going to miss pairs and some of junior girls, see you later!

I was planning to make sandwiches during the past hour, and eat them at my leisure during the skating. But then I found out that my Mum has planned a cooked lunch for today.

Toasted soda farls and bacon.

I'm not complaining!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Enjoy your meal!

I know I posted it an hour ago, but you can't have too much of Peggy Cummins! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Only one pairs team!

Should we take bets on whether they'll bring the Zamboni out after them? Surely not! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A really good skate from Kolyada, I hope he can keep it going for the Long. He has two very competitive programmes this year. I liked Milyukov’s Nutcracker, it felt a bit festive. I think it should have been marked a bit higher on Co & In. Team Mishin said Semenenko was going to Minsk for to get International scores, will Senior scores be eligible for Junior qualification/comps.

I was looking forward to seeing Morisi but I wonder is Belarus banning Georgians? I thought they had supported the anti Lukashenko protests, so that could be the no show. A small field I thought Zenko & Puzanov would have shown for the home team.

Only 1 Pairs team😟

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Over the whole, the BLR domestic figure skating is at a low level, given the money poured into it by the state.

The 'imported' Russians, that mostly still train in Moscow, are in a whole different league, like we will see later with Kisel and Safonova.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was looking forward to seeing Morisi but I wonder is Belarus banning Georgians?
I'm not sure about banning Georgians, it occurred to me maybe Moris's and Nika's training locations are the issue? Here in Australia for example the states of NSW and Victoria are closed to other states due to the greater number of COVID cases.

Maybe Moscow has way more than St Petersburg so people who live there aren't allowed in.

They are!!! :drama:
I'm starting to worry about that Zamboni! Can it take all this hard work?!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Are we going to see the Zambonis turning their rounds more often than actual figure skating today?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm starting to worry about that Zamboni! Can it take all this hard work?!

I agree. Like, did you see that video doing the rounds of the zamboni on fire? :eek:

(Ach, I can't find it again! :bang: )

Are we going to see the Zambonis turning their rounds more often than actual figure skating today?

At this rate of going, yes!

And that is even allowing for that graphic covering a third of the screen in between segments! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The fanfare!

I hope the Belarus doesn't have to pay royalties each time they play it. They could go broke!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Was the record stuck there? Because I kept hearing "From Belarus"...

In the whole competition, there is only one skater in Junior Ladies not representing the host country.

It's good to see the local skaters that are coming through, but it would be nice to see a few more from other countries. Apart from anything else, it would mean that the locals can better assess where they are against the international opposition.

CaroLiza_fan

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Milana Romashova and Varvara Kisel' are the names to look out for when it comes to top results.

But let's enjoy all the contestants, the all have worked hard to appear at the competition.

And we might hear a completely different DJ than the actual people in the stands ....

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Was the record stuck there? Because I kept hearing "From Belarus"...

In the whole competition, there is only one skater in Junior Ladies not representing the host country.

It's good to see the local skaters that are coming through, but it would be nice to see a few more from other countries. Apart from anything else, it would mean that the locals can better assess where they are against the international opposition.

CaroLiza_fan
Hmm I wonder how the competition went in previous years, this is my first year watching. Do they have a limit on the number of competitiors? If so some of these girls wouldn't get to compete so I guess this is good for them.

Still I wonder if the word "Belarus" will appear in my dreams tonight :laugh2:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I was planning to make sandwiches during the past hour, and eat them at my leisure during the skating. But then I found out that my Mum has planned a cooked lunch for today.

Toasted soda farls and bacon.

I'm not complaining!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Enjoy your meal!

I know I posted it an hour ago, but you can't have too much of Peggy Cummins! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan
i made a pumkin pie it had bacon too :D

-----------------
on a sad note i just read Sean Connery passed away:frown: