2020 Ice Star | Golden Skate

2020 Ice Star

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Not many pairs or ID couples, but some interesting names among the single's. Let's just hope the competition will be held.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Between the pandemic and the political unrest in Belarus I really wasn't expecting this competition to go ahead, never mind having a substantial number of competitors!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I expect all the riots to be concentrated in the city centre, and with the stadium being located some way off it, I don't think there will be an imminent danger to the event, avoiding the red zone. Fingers crossed!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
still, an uncomfortable situation. We only hope for the best.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
From the Mishina interview I learned:

- Now your students have the Ice star 2020 tournament in Minsk ahead?
-- Yes. Aleksandr Gorshkov, President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation, is also going there. He consulted, found out how safe it was in Minsk [because of the protests against Lukashenko]. He said that all the competitions will be held outside the city, so there is no need to go to Minsk itself. This is an international competition, we thought it would be useful to us. Especially Zhenya Semenenko. He missed a lot due to health problems, which is why he does not have an international rating. Last year he could get to the junior World Championship, but he was not even considered, because without international points this is impossible. We decided to take the opportunity now.
----

Andrea82

Medalist
The technical panel and judges for the Ice Dance events have been posted and they meet the requirements for the scores to be recognized for minimum TES for ISU Championships

Andreeva (Russia) is the TC and Baronov (Ukraine) and Kamlova (Belarus) are the TSs for both Junior and Senior events.
Judges for Junior comes from Russia, Israel, Bosnia, Ukraine, Russia, France and Belarus
Judges for Senior are the same minus Israel.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The stream is now live!

I'm a bit confused because the schedule says the ice dancers are on today, but it appears to be Junior Men.

ETA: Looks like it's Novice men, who might all be from Belarus, not sure though.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
"In the windows of your mind" now that is a nice song to skate to when you're a young girl with childhood fantasies

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Novice girls competing now.

The first girl Alina Korbut skated to the same music as Liza Tuk did in 2017-2018. :biggrin:

Sadly she fell on her second to last spin and was super upset, poor kid. There's still the FS though, so good luck to her for that.