2020 Ice Star | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020 Ice Star

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Nice tango routine, with appropriate costume and the red gloves to give those accents to the rhythm

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
another girl in a beautiful dress and intricately braided hair, pride of her parents, drawing nice figures over the ice

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
seems the face masks and other preventive measures are more strictly obeyed

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
These are the ten and eleven year old girls competing at 2nd and 1st children's rank, but compared to Russia, the technical level is low.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kukushka sung by a child, well chosen to skate to if you're still a young girl yourself

enjoy this 7 year old child singing

older girl, also very well done

the level in artistic, singing, dancing, children in Russia is equally high, this Dasha Volosevich is a top grade musical student in her college.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
"I will ride, I will fly, chase the wind, touch the sky" another uplifting song for a young girl to skate too

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The 12 to 15 year olds have now taken to the ice, again at a comparative low level of technique.

Will we get lots of kids on the couch in the K&C, like in all the Estonian and Latvian competitions?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The Matrix sound track, always good for a performance

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
"You're a monster, Mr Grinch" another nice track to skate to for a teenage skater

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Spanish themed music, but no red gloves?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Schindler's List, always touching music, to skate to delicately

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Pretty Woman, probably deserved a more active skating to match the tempo and beat

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Music increasing in drama, but skating stays fairly even in level. And we've seen some girls breaking into tears, so there must still be considerable pressure and disappointment.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Now we're into the dancing children and teenagers, with lots of Russian contenders, so high level guaranteed.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah, there has been competitive skating happening already today. I thought the Junior Short Dance starting now was the first action of the day. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Here is the link for the livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufm96R0V-wk

Here is the Time Schedule:

http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2020/IS2020_IceDance-Junior_RD_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:

http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Ice_Star_2020/SEG015.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Extra entry Daniela MOLCHAN / Artem ZAHARIN (BLR) kicked things off, and although they had a few moments, they were good.

Loved her dress!

Given the long gap in proceedings, I take it the first Russian partnership of Elizaveta SHICHINA / Gordey KHUBULOV have withdrawn.

Yep, they have. Second Belorussian partnership now.

EDIT: No, it's the first scheduled partnership now.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do". Not a song I ever thought I would be listening to at a skating competition. But, what an awful version!

And it was followed by an even worse cover of "Mamma Mia!"

If you're going to skate to a medley of ABBA songs, at least have ABBA singing! :mad:

Than goodness the skating wasn't as bad as the singing. Belarus has some pretty decent Junior Dancers coming through.

Ah, the Russians that were supposed to go second are now going third.

EDIT: The partnership we just watched was Snezhana BARMOTINA / Svyatoslav VERSTAKOV (I've never came across those first names before).​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Worth the wait. Into the lead.

But, I wonder what happened that they were not able to skate when they were supposed to. It's not often that you see skaters being allowed to skate out of order.

OK, I'm completely lost. A fourth partnership came on after the Russians, and apparently they were Elizaveta NOVIK / Oleksandr KUHAREVSKIJ.

So, it looks like there has been an extra entry skating at the start of the group. I admit that I wasn't paying attention to the graphics at the start (and can't hear the announcer properly), so I was none the wiser.

I'll wind back during the warm-up to see who this mystery partnership was, and edit my posts accordingly.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: