2020 Ice Star | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020 Ice Star

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What was I saying about Belarus having a lot of promising partnerships? Well, it continues with Elizaveta NOVIK / Oleksandr KUHAREVSKIJ!

I loved this!!!

Just one thing, though. Elizaveta is showing far too much cleavage for a Junior competition. Yes, it fitted the theme of the programme perfectly. But, it's still a JUNIOR competition.

Given how close they were to the Russians that are up next, this might just get them onto the podium...

...Or, maybe not. They actually dropped a place! 😲

CaroLiza_fan

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Pocahontas routine, nice. And the girl has some legs !

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And from a partnership where the girl was showing that she is all grown up, we go to a partnership where the girl is clearly still a child.

Not sure what the theme of this programme was supposed to be. When they came out, I automatically thought "Pocahontas". But, I didn't recognise the music as being from the film (maybe it has been too many years since I watched it). And Artem was clearly not John Smith, as he was in traditional dress too.

Anyway, whatever it was supposed to be, I liked it!

And so do the judges. They go into a big lead.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Maybe it was because I enjoyed the previous two routines in this group so much, but this routine from Elizaveta SHICHINA / Gordey KHUBULOV didn't really do it for me.

But, it did for the judges. The scores came out so quickly that they hadn't even sat down when it was announced that they were in the lead by a country mile.

My kids now!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

The music was beautiful. The costumes were beautiful. The skating was beautiful.

And, I love that Angelina is dressed up as a Greek goddess. Nice touch.

I was getting all choked up watching that. So proud of them.

If they don't win, I don't know.

EDIT: They did win!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

:cheer: WELL DONE GUYS!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As if Beethoven's Fifth Symphony wasn't dramatic enough as it was in it's original form, Karina SIDORENKO / Maksim ELENICH had to use a really epic version!!!

But, I think they made a mistake using this music. Because, although the skating was good, the music massively overshadowed what they were doing on the ice.

Or, to put it simply, the music was far too big for them.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When the music started for Viktorija SEMENJUK / Ilya YUKHIMUK, I thought "Oh, no. They've fallen into the same trap as their team-mates that have just come off the ice!" :drama:

But, as it turned out, they were only using a short portion of epic music at the start of their routine. After that, it calmed down. It did get dramatic again towards the end, though.

On the whole, I preferred this programme. Because, the skaters were actually able to live up to the music that they were skating to. It didn't overpower them, like happened with the other partnership.

They win.

Are we going to get podium ceremonies now? I want to see my kids on the top of the podium!

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
There has been some last-minute withdrawals in Single.

Senior Ladies SP starting order

Warm up group 1
1​
Viktoria SAFONOVA
BLR​
2​
Anastasiia GULIAKOVA
RUS​
3​
Valeriia SIDOROVA
ARM​
4​
Emilea ZINGAS
CYP​
5​
Kristina SKULETA-GROMOVA
EST​
Warm up group 2
6​
Antonina DUBININA
SRB​
7​
Viktoria IUSHCHENKOVA
ISR​
8​
Sofia SAMODUROVA
RUS​
9​
Aleksandra CHEPELEVA
BLR​
10​
Alina IUSHCHENKOVA

Men SP

Warm up group 1
1​
Konstantin MILYUKOV
BLR​
2​
Alexandr LEBEDEV
BLR​
3​
Morisi KVITELASHVILI
GEO​
4​
Evgenii SEMENENKO
RUS​
5​
Nika EGADZE
GEO​
6​
Mikhail KOLYADA
RUS​

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i'm excited for Vika, i hope she does well, she could be in medal position. we'll see tomorrow

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What a shame about Liza having to withdraw, but Sofia S and Anastasia Gulk are still going to be there so yay! (Although I don't think I'll be able to watch, damn you time zones! :( )

Also Misha K and Moris K! Yaaaas :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Varvara Kisel' the most interesting, will she cleanly land a triksel already in the short program?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
morning ladies and gentlemen! my lunch is in the oven and i'm baking, but i'll be definetly here for senior men

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hang on, there are only two boys on the ice?! Don't tell me that an already tiny field has got even smaller! :drama:

Well, at least they have plenty of space to warm-up in, with half a rink each! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hang on, there are only two boys on the ice?! Don't tell me that an already tiny field has got even smaller! :drama:

Well, at least they have plenty of space to warm-up in, with half a rink each! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan
Two? I'm sure I saw three.

Gasp! I haven't watched everything but this is the first coach I've spotted with incorrect mask wearing technique!

Oh wait she fixed it :laugh: