gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2020 Warsaw Cup
Nov 12-15, 2020
TORWAR II
Warsaw, POL

The 2020 Warsaw Cup is one of a series of events of the 2020-21 Figure Skating Challenger Series. The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level, however, no World standing or ranking points will be awarded during the 2020-21 season due to COVID.

MaHa75

On the Ice
Entries are up...all big names arr in France Gp at the time of this competitition! For me is intresting to watch Lara Naki Gutman and Frangipani!

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Uh... isn't Gutmann scheduled in the French GP... which takes place at the same time...?

Edit: Jennifer Janse Van Rensberg and Benjamin Steffan are also scheduled to compete in both events.

Last edited:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
in case one or the other gets cancelled?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Stupid question maybe, but why are there no pairs? Last year there were at Warsaw Cup.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I realise that. I know only app. half of them did. Nebelhorn always has, and I think Golden Spin as well. I was just wondering how this was determined, as Warsaw Cup had them last year but not this year. Probably at the beginning of the season or something. For now I'm just hoping this competition will take place at all!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Cassandra Johannsen (SWE) has withdrawn from Ladies and Fear/Waddell (GBR) from Dance.

Andrea82

Medalist
I realise that. I know only app. half of them did. Nebelhorn always has, and I think Golden Spin as well. I was just wondering how this was determined, as Warsaw Cup had them last year but not this year. Probably at the beginning of the season or something. For now I'm just hoping this competition will take place at all!
they decided at the beginning of the season which Challengers would have had Pairs: Autumn Classics, Nebelhorn, Finlandia, Denis Ten Memorial, Golden Spin.
However, now, 3 of those with Pairs have been cancelled.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Fingers crossed that Golden Spin will take place. Missing the pairs! At least there will be 8 of them at Sk8 America.

Country
Norway
I think we should prepare ourselves for this one being cancelled. I looked at the cases for Poland and how it has evolved the last week, and this is very bad news.

New Covid-19 cases:

1. October - 1927 (3 weeks ago)
8. October - 4280 (2 weeks ago)
15.October - 8099 (1 week ago)
22. October - 12,107 (Today)

There are about 38 millions living in Poland.

When looking at the numbers 2-3 weeks ago, when the event was announced, the situation looked much better. I havn´t checked the numbers for different regions, but as Warsaw is the capital I assume it´s also the epicentre of the pandemic.

To compare to the numbers of Germany a week before Nebelhorn Trophy, there was about 1600 - 2000 new reported cases everyday like 1-2 weeks before the event. And Germany has over 80 million inhabitants.

Of course there is still time, and I believe Poland has set som stricter measures now, so hopefully the numbers will drop, but I can´t imagine how it can drop enough to be at a safe level until the 12th of November.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think we should prepare ourselves for this one being cancelled. I looked at the cases for Poland and how it has evolved the last week, and this is very bad news.
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled soon. And I rather doubt Golden Spin will go ahead either. Croatia's having a rough time of it right now.

Country
Norway
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled soon. And I rather doubt Golden Spin will go ahead either. Croatia's having a rough time of it right now.
Probably yes... So probably no Challengers again before 2021 :/ I still have a hope for other international events like Volvo Cup though, the numbers are slowly growing in Latvia, but it´s still pretty stable considering other countries. So we will see, if they want to welcome the international skaters inside the country.

I think we should really enjoy Skate America this weekend!! And i´m so happy both Nebelhorn and Budapest Trophy still is possible to replay. Also the skating federation in Norway decided to start streaming every national competition in YouTube this season, and not just the national championship, so I will have plenty of figure skating to watch 😍 I hope Sondre will consider to do one of those if he can´t go international. He normally doesn´t do the small ones, and he is not listed for the one this weekend in Stavanger, all though there is senior events and club members are going.