2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
Is anyone else receiving a warning page when they go to the results page? I get a warning about password theft and it asks me if I want to proceed. I have never seen this warning before. Should I worry?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I got the warning from the results page both last week and this week. I am not knowledgeable on such matters as to whether it's anything to worry about but cause I'm a dumb obsessed skating fan I proceeded lol

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Is anyone else receiving a warning page when they go to the results page? I get a warning about password theft and it asks me if I want to proceed. I have never seen this warning before. Should I worry?
This has popped up for me before. I waited a couple of hours and tried again, by which time the warning had vanished (I'm guessing there was an error with the security of the page which they rectified)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I get it with Safari but not Firefox. So I go to FF.

SaDa

On the Ice
This is a little off topic but, I just saw Nathan's LP from Canada and I am blown away by that program. If he skates 2 clean programs, he will be the Olympic Champion. I can't see any skater beating that Long Program. One the greatest of all time. :points:

Well, it was a watered down version of the program he was planning for the Olympics...and I'm speaking in past tense because, according to Raf, there will be changes happening to both his short and free programs. Those changes will be reflected at the GPF, so, we'll have to wait to see what gets changed. I adore this program myself so I'm slightly anxious about this news. I hope it's only some of the choreo they're re-working and that they're still keeping Mozart.

Anyway, congrats to our top US men for making it to the GPF. Super proud of them!!!

Last edited:

skfan

Final Flight
This is a little off topic but, I just saw Nathan's LP from Canada and I am blown away by that program. If he skates 2 clean programs, he will be the Olympic Champion. I can't see any skater beating that Long Program. One the greatest of all time. :points:
I like his Eternity SP, but I really love the Mozart long program for Nathan--wonderful vehicle to showcase his range as a skater and dancer. Very grateful for the chance to see Mozart at Skate America and Skate Canada.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The nine Senior Men who have qualified to Nats via Championship Series, if I am not mistaken:

Eric Sjoberg, Liam Kapeikis, Mitchell Friess, Ryan Dunk, Artur Dmitriev, Sebastien Payannet, Paul Yeung, Dinh Tran, William Hubbart​

... (I hope Hubbart is in :pray:, given that Friess is the only Midwestern man who achieved both tech minimums) ...

Happy to see that the official USFS list of Nats entries (as of Nov 29) does include William Hubbart:

... How do the “individual members” work, @ice coverage? ...

For an individual member, the person's home address determines the USFS section.

(I belatedly came upon the answer when looking back today at the USFS handbook for Championship Series.
In hindsight, seems intuitive, but I was glad to see it in writing.)

For those who have not read @clairecloutier's new article about Max Aaron yet, it is long and lovely -- including updates on Max; his reflections on his competitive career; his supportive thoughts on Team USA men such as Jason and Jimmy Ma; plus lots of other great stuff.

The article is pegged to Max's appearance on Sat Dec 4 in Skating Club of Boston's "A Night of Stars" show -- part of SCOB's Grand Opening Celebration to benefit Scott Hamilton's foundation.
The show's cast is full of popular names from several disciplines.
Other U.S. men scheduled to perform: the aforementioned Jimmy Ma; Max Naumov, Will Annis. (And Scott will host the show.)

(Separately, Max + Sean Rabbitt + others will perform at Fri Dec 3's tree lighting in Providence, Rhode Island.

Max had been scheduled to be the special guest star of Thursday's Frog Pond spectacular at Boston Common tree lighting, but as of today, the event has been cancelled.)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish Ilia would show us some of the work he has been doing on his spins. Far more impressive to me is his improvement in that area than a 5T-4S-Eu-3A or whatever the heck else he wants to do in practice. ;)