2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Men's FS | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Japanese Nationals: Men's FS

Cyt150

Rinkside
Country
Singapore
The announcement of Team Japan 2022 (Oly representatives) will be on air here (VPN required):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZQwAJSJo80

In about 30 mins.

Now I hope the VPN I got works for me.

Not going to bother uploading any of the Men's FS progams since they seem to be available to view on yt quite quickly

If there are any programs not accessible on yt that people want to see I'll upload after I come home from work
I hope you do. Thank you 😊

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw man, a bunch of YouTube videos just got taken down, the last one I needed to watch was Kao's free skate... I'd really like a link to that if possible.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Maybe he needs a 4A to get gold...
He does not at all. But he's said he cares more about making history and landing the first 4axel than he does about another Olympic gold. If he's healthy, he will 100% go for it in on olympic ice (and had a very good chance of wining if he lands it or not). Even with a fall, if he can hold the rest of the skate together as he did here, Nathan will need to be perfect in both skates.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
some videos in skate order

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
some videos in skate order
Thank you so much!

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aw man, a bunch of YouTube videos just got taken down, the last one I needed to watch was Kao's free skate... I'd really like a link to that if possible.
see here

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished watching. I was amazed at the depth of Japanese men. They truly have the most talent worldwide. Lots of successfully attempted quads. Kao, Kazuki and Shun are really talented individuals. Japanese fans have a lot of athletes to support once Yuzuru and Shoma retire.

Yuma was really solid here. He has the 3A, 4T and 4S like Yuzu and fought in the free skate like his life depended on it. His Olympic spot was well earned.

Shoma to me, is still the most talented. He landed his 4F, 4Lo and 4S and at that point of the program, I thought, Yuzuru won’t beat this performance technically speaking. Then, Shoma screws up and REP 4T. He is my dark horse pick to win an Olympic gold medal, again. But, I don’t think he will win, as he is going for to many quads.

Then, Yuzu shows up and fails at his 4A and I’m thinking 🤔…. Oh no….. if he falters in the rest of his planned three quads, he could be left off the podium with all the talent I’ve seen in this Japanese competition. Well, he proved me wrong and landed his three quads solidly and deserved to win. But, did he deserve to win by that much? I don’t think so…. It felt like I was taken to the Russian event when it comes to Yuzu. I noticed this even during his short program, when he landed quads and there was no flow and he was at a standstill and then I see 4S and 5s for GOE. It just goes to show how much room the judges have to wiggle and move their favourites up the standings. Also, when they show his ice coverage across the ice, he is much slower than Kaori. So, not sure how he is some skating skill phenom. My question is, will the international committee really bombard Yuzu like the Japanese judges. I mean Yuzu got almost all 5s from judge #9 for anything he did, except for two elements… one was a 4 and his 4A was a -1. I would love to skate and be guaranteed -1’s on all my falls. Last thing worth mentioning, is the fact I think 4A is a ploy by this team to make everyone talk about how much better he is than the rest of the field in terms of advancing the sport forward. When in reality, his planned content is just as high as Valieva with 3A, 4T and 4S. He actually has lessened his difficulty by dropping the 4Lo, and has skipped the 4F and 4Lz. Will he win the Olympics with mastering only two quads? If Nathan and Vincent land everything, does he have the technical content to match teem? We will see. But, I don’t think he does. I think he needs to focus on 4Lo instead of 4A. That is just my opinion.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
@RatedPG It's Hanyu you are talking about. He has spoken many times about his desire to land the 4A at a competition, so it's not a ploy from his team. Not even a ploy from himself. He only does what he wants if he is able to, and not as a ploy.

Also, he is skipping Lz an F because those jumps are too traumatic for him. He has already injured his ankle several times while training 4Lz and F. At this point his ankle is so bad that he can't afford to train or jump Lz and F regularly if he wants to continue competing. According to the diagnosis given to him by doctors he has many small fractures in his ankle bones which no surgery or any kind of healing can help as long as he continues competing and jumping (or at all). Again, this is no ploy - it's Hanyu we are talking about.

And his most recent injury was a couple of months ago - he withdrew from both of his GPs because of it. Which might explain dropping also the 4 Lo for now, as well as his comparatively slow and careful skating.

Last edited:

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
lol had to do the google conversion to mph - what is the average "average speed"?