2021-22 Turkish National Championships | Golden Skate

2021-22 Turkish National Championships

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Turkish National Figure Skating Championships are being held this weekend in northern coastal city of Samsun🇹🇷.

Demirboga, Oktar (senior men); Pekder, Zeki (senior women), Ozkan, Ovalioglu, Dincer, Gunes (junior men); Ozdemir and Karas (junior women) are among the competitors.

Good luck to all of them!

This is the link for Live Results/Protocols: https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/20212628_Turkiye_Sampiyonasi/index.htm

And there is a live stream on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3IAtYszupY

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Turkish National Figure Skating Championships are being held this weekend in northern coastal city of Samsun🇹🇷.

Demirboga, Oktar (senior men); Pekder, Zeki (senior women), Ozkan, Ovalioglu, Dincer, Gunes (junior men); Ozdemir and Karas (junior women) are among the competitors.

Good luck to all of them!

This is the link for Live Results/Protocols: https://www.onlinesonuclar.buzpateni.org.tr/index_files/20212628_Turkiye_Sampiyonasi/index.htm

And there is a live stream on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3IAtYszupY

Just look at the sheer number of girls entered in Intermediate Novice and Junior levels! :jaw:

If they all stick with it, Senior Nationals are going to be like the Hunger Games in a few years time! :drama:

By the way, thank you for selecting Sinem to be one of the skaters in your summary, as it reminded me that I have been meaning to contact the owner of Rink Results for a while. You see, because she has started using her married name, Sinem now has 2 separate profiles - one under Kuyucu, and one under Pekder. So, I want to let him know that they are the same person, as well as point out another couple of things I have found.

Anyway, all the best to everybody!

CaroLiza_fan

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Just look at the sheer number of girls entered in Intermediate Novice and Junior levels! :jaw:

If they all stick with it, Senior Nationals are going to be like the Hunger Games in a few years time! :drama:
Usually most of them quit competitive skating to focus on education/career and don't reach up to senior levels. I hope this will change in years.

And that's correct about Sinem. She got married and started using her new surname by marriage.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Usually most of them quit competitive skating to focus on education/career and don't reach up to senior levels. I hope this will change in years.

It's unfortunate, but you can understand that decision.

And that's correct about Sinem. She got married and started using her new surname by marriage.

When she first re-appeared with her new surname, it had been a few years since I had last seen her. So, I didn't realise at first that it was Kuyucu. I actually thought "Wow! She's good! Where have they been hiding her?" It was only when I looked up her ISU Bio, and saw her age that the penny started to drop. And I was so happy when I did figure it out, because I remembered liking her when we were seeing her quite a few years ago.

The same has happened with Jennifer Urban (sorry, Jennifer Janse van Rensburg). She has two profiles for the same reason.

Having a programme to upload the data has many advantages. But, there are some things they can't detect. Such as people changing their names when they get married.

CaroLiza_fan

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
When she first re-appeared with her new surname, it had been a few years since I had last seen her. So, I didn't realise at first that it was Kuyucu. I actually thought "Wow! She's good! Where have they been hiding her?" It was only when I looked up her ISU Bio, and saw her age that the penny started to drop. And I was so happy when I did figure it out, because I remembered liking her when we were seeing her quite a few years ago.
Sinem is kind of a late bloomer, I guess she is a very hardworking lady. Before, she was an underdog while Atabey and Saygi were regarded as top two. Now she is more consistent than those two ever were.

My eyes are also missing Guzide Irmak Bayir who was successful as a junior but disappeared now.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm quite surprised there was such a big difference in points between the two men. I recall that at Nebelhorn they were really close together.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I'm quite surprised there was such a big difference in points between the two men. I recall that at Nebelhorn they were really close together.
Looking at protocols, Demirboga was almost perfect and got positive GOE on all his elements while Oktar made multiple mistakes and far from his best. This rivalry works better for Demirboga so far.