EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And to end out the second day, the Senior Short Dance

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhyyTopnJ0

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://ufsf.com.ua/protolkol/SEZON_2020-2021/ODE_LuMi_10_02/IceDance_RD_TimeSchedule.pdf

(They've fixed the addresses for the Time Schedule PDF's, so no need for me to paste in the tables any more).

And here is the live scoring:
https://ufsf.com.ua/protolkol/SEZON_2020-2021/ODE_LuMi_10_02/SEG013.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Trying to remember who is skating to "The Mask". Boys, but that is bright! šŸ˜Ž

Strange to see all the favourites going in the first group, and the unfamiliar names in the second group. Is this a reverse seeded draw? It would be something different if it was planned like this.

Sasha and Max first up.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sidarenka / Yalenich. That's who was doing "The Mask".

Not sure whether Karina's gold dress is a good choice alongside Maksim's yellow suit. Yes, it's a lovely dress. But, I think something dark, to really contrast with the suit, would have been better.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Had to laugh at Karina doing the tiniest of bows at the end, as she was worried about showing too much cleavage.

Trust me, love. There was no need to worry. Everybody was getting blinded by your partner's costume! :laugh:

Ouch! 20 points behind Nazarova / Nikitin. I was not expecting them to be that far behind. :eek:

Guess that is them out of contention already.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Boys, but the scores were very slow being announced for Ekaterina KUZNETSOVA / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI. Half way through the Warm-Up! :drama:

As I expected they would, they slotted into second. But, they are exactly 15 points behind Nazarova / Nikitin.

That said, I just checked Rink Results, and the scores for both KUZNETSOVA / KOLOSOVSKYI and SIDARENKA / YALENICH are absolute PB's for the Short. So, although they are so far behind NAZAROVA / NIKITIN (who did not score a PB), they do have reason to be happy with their scores.

:cheer: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
SEMENJUK / YUKHIMUK now into second, bringing the lead down to 10 points.

Now for the partnerships I am not too familiar with.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Watching that, you wouldn't have guessed that it was a new partnership. That was very good from ZHATA / BERK.

Unlike the middle partnership in the first group, I would never have guessed that the middle partnership of the second group would be doing a programme to music from "The Mask".

Beautiful black dress for Yuliia. And white shirt / black trousers combo for Akalin.

Into 3rd position, half a point ahead of KUZNETSOVA / KOLOSOVSKYI.

Now for the Dutchies to finish off the segment.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why was I not surprised when I heard "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend"? :p

Mind you, I did get worried when I heard a shriek at the very start. I thought it was going to be that awful shrieking music that we sometimes hear.

The scores haven't been announced yet, but I think they are going to be in the fight for the last podium step.

EDIT: Nope. 0.83 above Sidarenka / Yalenich in last position. Really thought they would be closer to 4th than to 6th. Oh well!​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Looks like we are going to get on-ice Podium Ceremonies for the Novice competitions that finished this morning.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Pleasant start to the day with the routine from the first of the Ukrainian partnerships, KRAPIVNA / YEFREMENKO.

Now to see whether their team-mates, BONDAR / KOVAL, can make up for what I thought was a disappointing position yesterday.

By the way, yesterday's stream has a copyright claim from Vae Victis on it (who on Earth are they?!)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I re-iterate what I said yesterday - Lika looked tired. In fact, both of her and Artem looked like they were running on empty.

It is obvious that the restrictions have hampered their training so much that they are not at full fitness.

Because of how close 3rd to 5th are after the SD, Bondar / Koval might just salvage a podium. But, they could also easily drop to last position.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Taking a VERY long time to get the scores for Bonar / Koval. And it's not good news for them. They have dropped a place.

Whether they finish in last or penultimate place is now up to the first of the foreign partnerships; the Belorussians who are up right now.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Belorussians were doing an "Aladdin" programme. But, you would be forgiven for not realising. For a start, the costumes were not from the film. Plus it was hard to hear the instrumental intro of "Arabian Nights" because there were some blokes talking near the microphone, drowning out the music! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nevertheless, the skating was good. They should definitely pull away from the 2 partnerships that they were fighting with for the bottom 3 positions and secure that Bronze Medal.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Those blokes were talking again during the final Ukrainian partnership!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gaaah!!! Just as I was thinking "No question about it, PINCHUK / POGORIELOV are going to get at least a Silver Medal. They were so much better than everybody that came before them", Myrkyta fell. :palmf:

Given their lead from the Short, and the quality of their skating today, I still think they will hang onto the Silver. But, that fall has severly dented their hopes of getting the Gold.

The fate of the Gold Medal is now all down to how my kids perform.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST ANGELINA AND ILIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WHO CUT OFF THE STREAM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY KIDS????!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Like yesterday, it was faultless. They were in a class of their own.

This is going to be a BIG winning margin.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yep, they won by 13.61 points. But, they were 5.78 points down on what they got at the Ice Star in October.

Well deserved winners.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

Now a 50 minute wait until the Seniors come out at the top of the hour.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland