2021 LuMi Dance Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2021 LuMi Dance Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Karina Sidarenka is definitely making a statement with her costumes this season. Yesterday, she was wearing a dress with a neckline that, whilst not terribly low, still gave you an eyeful. Today, she is wearing what can only be described as half a nightie. The right side of it was almost completely illusion mesh!

Intersting choice of music for SIDARENKA / YALENICH. All Beethoven. It started with "Moonlight Sonata" and then transitioned seemlessly into his "5th Symphony". I liked it.

Not a bad score. Only 4 points lower than their international PB for the FD, which they got at the Winter Star in December.

We'll have to wait and see if they move up any places.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Really getting impressed with VERHAEGH / VAN GEFFEN. They are quickly becoming the stars of the non-speed skating side of Dutch ice skating.

They take a comfortable lead over the Belorussians.

I don't know whether they have the minimum TES's for Worlds, but I hope they do. They have exceeded the minimums for both segments here, but I don't know if this event counts.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't really know what to make of the FD from KUZNETSOVA / KOLOSOVSKYI. It was all Queen songs, but was a mixture of instrumentals, covers, and original versions.

And I don't think the judges know what to make of it either, because they are taking a VERY long time announcing the scores. The Warm-up is nearly over, and their scores haven't been announced yet! :drama:

Hang on, here are the scores at the very end of the Warm-Up. They take a very narrow lead in the FD, and a roughly 4.5 point lead overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I implied yesterday that I was impressed with Yuliia ZHATA / Akalin BERK. Well, I'll say it outright now!

Of course, being a Ukrainian / Turkish partnership, there are inevitably going to be comparisons to Agafonova / Uçar. Who I really miss! But, their younger compatriots are very promising.

They maintain their lead in both FD and overall. About 3 points ahead of the Azeri partnership in both.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! There was so much happening in that programme from Vikrotija SEMENJUK / Ilia YUKHIMUK that I don't know where you would start!

Lots of music, lots of drama. Not sure the costumes were making a big enough statement to go with the rest of the programme. (Simple salmon pink dress, and black suit)

No question, they'll still lead with one partnership to go. But, was it enough to make up a 10 point deficit? I'm not sure it was.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sasha Nazarova is one of the most beautiful skaters on the circuit at the moment. (You all know I reckon there is something in the water in Kharkov). So, who on Earth thought it was a good idea to dress her up like that?!

Awful costumes. By sheer coincidence, just before today's skating started, I was watching this classic film channel, and they were showing a Popeye cartoon (as of last week, they now show a block of children's programmes on Saturday morning). And near the end of it, Bluto (wearing a plain white shirt) is charging towards Popeye, who is standing in front of a window. So, Popeye quickly puts black paint on the Venetian blind, and jumps out of the way. Bluto runs into the blind, and ends up with a black and white striped shirt like prisoners wear.

Well, that was all I could think of when I saw Sasha and Max skating around in those costumes.

Couldn't really hear the music because my Mum came in and was talking to me. So, can't really comment on it. But, the skating looked very good.

And the judges agreed. They won by over 20 points in the FD, and by over 30 points overall.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
I don't know whether they have the minimum TES's for Worlds, but I hope they do. They have exceeded the minimums for both segments here, but I don't know if this event counts.

CaroLiza_fan

Yes, it counts.
Verhaegh/Van Geffen and Zhata/Berk didn't have the FD minimums before today.
Kuznentsova/Kolosovskyi lacked both.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, it counts.
Verhaegh/Van Geffen and Zhata/Berk didn't have the FD minimums before today.
Kuznentsova/Kolosovskyi lacked both.

Thank you so much, @Andrea82. With all the different tiers of competitions that we have nowadays, it is so hard to keep track of which competitions count towards the minimums and which don't.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I'm so happy for Chelsea and Sherim. They already had the Minimum TES for the RD and held those up here, and now they've also got them for the FD with a few points to spare. I don't think there ever was a Dutch ID couple at a WC (and, obviously, if there is no WC this year, there won't be one now). Still very Promising for these two. And only skating together for app. one and a half years.

Last edited:

YoenNL

Rinkside
I'm so happy for Chelsea and Sherim. They already had the Minimum TES for the RD and held those up here, and now they've also got them for the FD with a few points to spare. I don't think there ever was a Dutch ID couple at a WC (and, obviously, if there is no WC this year, there won't be one now). Promising.
We are all over the moon! The last “Dutch” Dance team at Worlds were Marianne Van Bommel/Wayne Deweyert back in 1984, but they were essentially Americans with Dutch name and with a second passport.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Ah, I couldn't find Van Bommel/Deweyert in the internet Archives, but it remains a great feat for Chelea and Sherim (and there was no such thing as a minimum TES in 1984)! Over the moon is the perfect expression!!!!!