2021 Mezzaluna Cup | Golden Skate

2021 Mezzaluna Cup

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022 Mezzaluna Cup is an international ice dance competition for the Novice, Junior and Senior levels and will be held in Mentana, Italy, Oct. 15-17, 2021.
According to the federation, there will be no live stream this year.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Schedule

RDs are on Saturday 16th October: Juniors 10.10 am and Seniors at 12.15 (local times)
FDs are on Sunday 17th: Juniors at 8am and Seniors at 10.25am

Novices are on 15th (pattern dances) and 16th (free dances).

From the competition schedule, the number of entries are 14 for Juniors and 9 for Seniors.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Finally! I have been waiting for quite a while to see Hanna JAKUCS / Alessio GALLI turn up. This makes me so happy. Hanna got Covid and had to recover, but after a message about that there has been silence. I had expected them to be at Lombardia....but nothing. I was actually worrying whether they might have stopped. I am just so glad to see their names at a competition.

I did note that Kazakova/Reviya have become Germans all of a sudden.....

Edit: they've changed it to Georgia (as it should be).

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Junior RD started. No stream planned, it seems.

All Italian Junior teams are entered. It is an early ahead to ahead for the national Junior leadership now that previous national champion Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky moved Seniors.

Based on last season's JR National championships and 2021 GPs, Calderali/Cilli should be the current top team with an eye on Junior Worlds spot.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Senior

1) Kazakova/Reviya 74.98
2) Kerry/Dodds 67.51
3) Moscheni/Fioretti 64.43
4) Polibina/Golovishnikov 59.18
5) Pucherova/Lysak 57.74
6) Ipolito/Russel 57.45
7) Jakucs/Galli 51.92

Top 6 teams were above the minimum TES for Worlds (33 points) and so obviously also for Europeans (28 points). Dutch team achieved Euro minimums but not Worlds' one.
Some of them didn't have them yet, including

Polibina/Golovishnikov, who aims at the second Polish spot for Europeans. Is it their first international competition together?
Pucherova/Lysak, who are now met all the standards for Euros. They have the Euro minimum for Free Dance from Nebelhorn.
Ipolito/Russel who were debuting together.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Junior podium

1) Nicole Calderari/Marco Cilli (Italy) 151.32
2) Noemi Tali/Stefano Frasca (Italy) 1147.13
3) Denisa Cimlova/Vilem Hlavsa (Czech Republic 146.13

Senior

1) Maria Kazakova/Georgy Reviya (Georgia) 186.78
2) Chantelle Kerry/Andrew Dodds (Australia) 171.63
3) Carolina Moscheni/Francesco Fioretti (Italy) 155.43

Polibina/Golovishnikov (Poland) and Pucherova/Lysak (Slovakia) got the minimums for Worlds.
Ipolito/Russel missed the FD minimum (they were below the Euro minimum too).

The event looks overscored. Anyhow, it looks a good performance for Kerry/Dodds, the clear gap between them and M/F was not a given at the beginning of the season.

Protocol:

Level 3 for Kazakova's one foot step sequence. Twizzles, Lifts and his step sequence called Level 4. Serpentine Step Seqence at Level 3.
Kerry/Dodds got Level 4 in everything. Negative GOE on the Straight Line Lift.
Mocheni/Fioretti botched a lift.