2021 Open d'Andorra | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2021 Open d'Andorra

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Funnily, I had expected the Latvians to score higher than the Germans, but it was the other way round. But then, I'm no ID judge!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That was a lot of fun too, those Latvian-Brits or British-Latvians (thanks for the info). Lower level but I don't care. Still enjoyable.

Yeah, they are based in London. I think it's the Alexandra Palace rink that they train at. @La Rhumba would be able to tell you for definite. There are a few partnerships she has told me about that are from London but now compete for other countries, and I may be getting the details mixed up.

By the way, while I have an opportunity, could I ask you a favour? When this season's posts were moved out of the "2020-21 British & Irish Figure Skating" thread, the "& Irish" bit was missed from the title of the new thread. So, could you put it back in please?

As somebody said a couple of weeks ago before the split, it is nice to have somewhere where we can talk about both teams.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Lots of new French couples here, at least new for me. This is the third. Good for France to have so much talent coming up!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I agree. I'll do it right now!
Edit: done.

Thank you. :bow: :clap: :points:

:thank:

I had a look at the live scoring during the Warm-Up. Aurilija and Luke are currently in last position, but they are only 0.09 behind India NETTE / Eron WESTWOOD (AUS)! And the two partnerships are not that far behind the Germans either. 😲

This is looking very tasty for the Free!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
And now for the third Australian couple (whom I do know). Still, great to see 3 of them here. Oh no. What now? Another withdrawal (I couldn't even see properly that it wasn't them).

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Lots of new French couples here, at least new for me. This is the third. Good for France to have so much talent coming up!

True.

Can't say I liked the Britney re-mix that this partnership used (but, thank goodness, it wasn't as weird as the music that 2 of the French Junior partnerships used this morning). "Toxic" is a great song as it was.

First partnership to get a deduction. That's not bad going, for it not to happen until the third group.

CaroLiza_fan

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yeah, they are based in London. I think it's the Alexandra Palace rink that they train at. @La Rhumba would be able to tell you for definite. There are a few partnerships she has told me about that are from London but now compete for other countries, and I may be getting the details mixed up.

By the way, while I have an opportunity, could I ask you a favour? When this season's posts were moved out of the "2020-21 British & Irish Figure Skating" thread, the "& Irish" bit was missed from the title of the new thread. So, could you put it back in please?

As somebody said a couple of weeks ago before the split, it is nice to have somewhere where we can talk about both teams.

CaroLiza_fan
Yes, Aurelija Ippolito is a very intelligent lady with a degree from Oxford in Bio Chemistry, she is Latvian, but has been in London a long time, formerly training with Marika & Vitaliy Baranov at Lee Velley. That was former British Medalist Alan Abretti with them in the Kiss & Cry from Alexandra Palace in North London, probably the most beautiful rink in the UK. Aurelija has had several partners over the last quad, Luke is her 3rd, and is a Londoner. I also love both their RD's 70s vibe and their FD has great choreo. As you say, not top level skating skills but always interesting to watch and very enjoyable.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now for the third Australian couple (whom I do know). Still, great to see 3 of them here. Oh no. What now?

I was wondering what was happening too.

Unfortunately, the reason is that the Aussies are not here. That's the Germans on the ice.

That said, it looked like Katarina wouldn't have minded skating to a bit of Kylie! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
And now for the third Australian couple (whom I do know). Still, great to see 3 of them here. Oh no. What now? Another withdrawal (I couldn't even see properly that it wasn't them).
Eron from the India Nette/Eron Westwood partnership is a Brit from London. Their coach is Stewart Feinstein, another Lee Valley/AllyPally couple. An example of stickability! For several seasons they were floundering, but this season suddenly made progress with better results. Good for them!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What on Earth is Katarina wearing?! Tim's costume is quite good. But Katarina's?!

Like the songs individually, but they don't work together.

Bit of a mess, if I'm being brutally honest.

They don't look terribly happy.

But, just to show what I know, they go into 2nd, just half a point behind Lilah and Lewis.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It really looks as if Lara and Maximillian are skating in their training gear. Not really impressed.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Chelsea and Sherim. I hope they do well. A bit of stagnation since their breakthrough last season.

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
What on Earth is Katarina wearing?! Tim's costume is quite good. But Katarina's?!

Like the songs individually, but they don't work together.

Bit of a mess, if I'm being brutally honest.

They don't look terribly happy.

But, just to show what I know, they go into 2nd, just half a point behind Lilah and Lewis.

CaroLiza_fan
Exactly! How weird was that? Unhappy looking couple with their skate, yet technically better than the Leaders who skated clean? (n):oops:

La Rhumba

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Looking forward to checking the protocols for this RD. :censored:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, Aurelija Ippolito is a very intelligent lady with a degree from Oxford in Bio Chemistry, she is Latvian, but has been in London a long time, formerly training with Marika & Vitaliy Baranov at Lee Velley. That was former British Medalist Alan Abretti with them in the Kiss & Cry from Alexandra Palace in North London, probably the most beautiful rink in the UK. Aurelija has had several partners over the last quad, Luke is her 3rd, and is a Londoner. I also love both their RD's 70s vibe and their FD has great choreo. As you say, not top level skating skills but always interesting to watch and very enjoyable.

Eron from the India Nette/Eron Westwood partnership is a Brit from London. Their coach is Stewart Feinstein, another Lee Valley/AllyPally couple. An example of stickability! For several seasons they were floundering, but this season suddenly made progress with better results. Good for them!

Thank you for the extra info.

I had noticed that Aurilija was going through the partners, but didn't realise that she had had 3 in this quad alone. I thought it was going back further than that.

Oooh. I forgot about Eron being a Londoner too. And it didn't twig with me that both partnerships were from the same club. This battle is going to be even more spicy in the Free Skate!

:popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Exactly! How weird was that? Unhappy looking couple with their skate, yet technically better than the Leaders who skated clean? (n):oops:

Looking forward to checking the protocols for this RD. :censored:

Yes, it'll be interesting, all right.

Anyway, I'm away for my tea. Because of all the withdrawals and running so far ahead of schedule, I decided to delay it and wait until this was over before leaving.

CaroLiza_fan