2021 Sofia Trophy | Golden Skate

2021 Sofia Trophy

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Are there any entries for this competition?

Nope. Just went to the website and when you click the links to the Entries / Results Pages for both the ISU competition and the Interclub competition, all you get is a blank white page.

The Event Schedule on the home page is very vague, just talking about "Day 1", "Day 2", etc., rather than actual dates. In fact, it doesn't even give times for the things happening each day; it is just a list. Additionally, the link to the "Detailed Programme" (which I assume is the Coloured Time Schedule, or equivalent list) is coming up with a 404 error.

Coming into competition week, there should be a LOT more info than this available on the website. Consequently, I would be inclined to think that the event isn't actually happening this week.

But, I know nothing. This is just my interpretation of what I see.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ignore what I just said. There is a list of entries on the European Criterium website:

http://www.europeancriterium.eu/sign_up_list_manual.aspx?id=68

Mind you, I see that Emilea Zingas is on the list, and she is also down for the Challenge Cup the same weekend. So, this list may not be very up to date. Or, it may just be a list of skaters that have registered an interest in taking part.

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ignore what I just said. There is a list of entries on the European Criterium website:

Mind you, I see that Emilea Zingas is on the list, and she is also down for the Challenge Cup the same weekend. So, this list may not be very up to date. Or, it may just be a list of skaters that have registered an interest in taking part.

CaroLiza_fan
There are a couple of names from the Challenge Cup. But I will try and watch this one too.

Andrea82

Medalist

CaroLiza_fan

I guess that in this Covid era, some skaters are literally entering all competitions scheduled for the same week because it is difficult to guess in advance which ones will happen and which ones will be canceled. And then they withdraw as the start of the week when it is clear where they will/can go.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Results page are now online

http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/

Zingas is still present both here and at Challenge Cup.
Where will she show up is the question of the day!

Let's see what happens tomorrow. She definitely has been included in the draw for the SP tomorrow at Challenge.

She was 5th in the SP at the Challenge Cup, so she is definitely in The Hague at the moment.

HOWEVER, looking at the timetables, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that she could do both competitions. The FS in the Challenge Cup is on Friday afternoon. And the SP at the Sofia Trophy isn't until Saturday evening.

Don't forget, back in 2015, Anastasia Galustyan, Aleksandra Golovkina and Angelīna Kučvaļska did both the EYOF in Austria and the European Championships in Sweden in a single week, with the FS of the EYOF the day before the SP of Europeans.

It's a big ask, though. Especially in these pandemic days when there are a lot less flights happening. However, there is a flight on Saturday morning leaving Amsterdam at 10:20 CET and arriving in Sofia at 14:00 EET... ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Andrea82

Medalist
She was 5th in the SP at the Challenge Cup, so she is definitely in The Hague at the moment.

HOWEVER, looking at the timetables, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that she could do both competitions. The FS in the Challenge Cup is on Friday afternoon. And the SP at the Sofia Trophy isn't until Saturday evening.

Don't forget, back in 2015, Anastasia Galustyan, Aleksandra Golovkina and Angelīna Kučvaļska did both the EYOF in Austria and the European Championships in Sweden in a single week, with the FS of the EYOF the day before the SP of Europeans.

It's a big ask, though. Especially in these pandemic days when there are a lot less flights happening. However, there is a flight on Saturday morning leaving Amsterdam at 10:20 CET and arriving in Sofia at 14:00 EET... ;)

CaroLiza_fan

She obtained the minimum TES for Worlds today. So I would suppose she can withdraw from Sofia now as she doesn't need another SP attempt. As she already the FS TES, she could have withdrawn from Hague after the SP to fly here...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
She obtained the minimum TES for Worlds today. So I would suppose she can withdraw from Sofia now as she doesn't need another SP attempt. As she already the FS TES, she could have withdrawn from Hague after the SP to fly here...

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Congratulations to her!!! Mission accomplished!!!

I still wouldn't rule out her heading to Sofia, though. Especially since there are skaters from the Cypriot team competing there in the younger categories. The team could have a show of strength.

CaroLiza_fan

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies:

Sofia Trophy 2021​

SENIOR LADIES - Short Program​

Starting Order​

StN.NameClubNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1​
Zeynep Dilruba SANOGLUTUR
TUR​
2​
Yasmin TEKIKKAZ
KAZ​
3​
Dasa GRMSLO
SLO​
4​
Simona GOSPODINOVABUL
BUL​
5​
Nikola RYCHTARIKOVACZE
CZE​
Warm-Up Group 2
6​
Maria ILINOVABUL
BUL​
7​
Antonina DUBININASRB
SRB​
8​
Ivelina BAICHEVABUL
BUL​
9​
Mariya LEVUSHKINABUL
BUL​
10​
Sinem PEKDERTUR
TUR​
Warm-Up Group 3
11​
Alexandra FEIGINBUL
BUL​
12​
Anna LA PORTASUI
SUI​
13​
Kristina GRIGOROVABUL
BUL​
14​
Anita OSTLUNDSWE
SWE​
15​
Olga MIKUTINAAUT
AUT​

Ladies begin at 19:00 local Saturday.

Nice of them to begin the event after the ladies in the Russian Cup are finished.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a footnote to complete the earlier conversation - the start orders for tomorrow's Shorts are now up, and Emilea has withdrawn. Stefania and Katya are still entered (and, by sheer coincidence, are both the antepenultimate starter in their respective SP).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch much of the Advanced Novice Ladies, as I plan to watch a funeral that starts half an hour after the skating. (How long do Italian funerals normally last?) But, I'll try to catch what I can.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Just a footnote to complete the earlier conversation - the start orders for tomorrow's Shorts are now up, and Emilea has withdrawn. Stefania and Katya are still entered (and, by sheer coincidence, are both the antepenultimate starter in their respective SP).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch much of the Advanced Novice Ladies, as I plan to watch a funeral that starts half an hour after the skating. (How long do Italian funerals normally last?) But, I'll try to catch what I can.

CaroLiza_fan
Emilea won the bronze medal at Challenge Cup. She was second in the FS.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Emilea won the bronze medal at Challenge Cup. She was second in the FS.

Yep, I saw that just before I had my tea. But, didn't get a chance to post about it yet.

Staying on in The Hague for the FS after she got the SP minimum TES rather than withdrawing to go to Sofia really paid off. :biggrin:

Let's hope her younger (Russian) team-mates do well in Sofia over the weekend! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ha ha not gonna lie when I saw the name of this thread I wondered if there really was a Cup that's just for skaters named Sofia. :laugh2:

It's not like such a competition wouldn't be high level though! ;)

Oh, anonymoose. This is why I love you being on here! You always make me :)

Whilst it would undoubtedly be competitive, I'm not sure what size of a field we would get if it was just for Sofias. Maybe it would be more viable if we made it a Polina Trophy instead. There are an awful lot of them about. (Remember the time I tried to make an alphabet of Polinas, and gave up because there were just too many! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited: