2021 Sofia Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Sofia Trophy

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, anonymoose. This is why I love you being on here! You always make me :)
Awww thank you! :D
(Remember the time I tried to make an alphabet of Polinas, and gave up because there were just too many! :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan
I don't actually! Sounds like fun - but is there a Polina with a X or Z last name?

Thanks for the link too, I've just tuned in, sounds like there is an audience there? Or is that just fellow teammates?

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Woah this dress is a bit daring...how old are Advanced Novices again šŸ˜± Not a bad program though.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ach, I wrote this after #5 Chiara HRISTOVA, but forgot to press the "Post reply" button. :bang: :bang: :bang:

The sound quality is awful. When the announcer is talking, it is so loud and so echoey that you can't make out what is being said. Which is a problem, as there are no graphics. Fortunately, there is live scoring, so at least you can keep a track of what is going on through it.

The music starts off deafening, but then goes VERY quiet (to the extent that you can barely hear it) after a few seconds.

Also, there is very loud applause before and after the skaters. This has got to be canned, because I can't see a single person in the audience!

Anyway, I am going to be leaving now to watch Fausto Gresini's funeral. I hope to be back in time to see Stefania Yakovleva. But, if not, all the best to her!

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I quite like Ana S's sparklely shirt, pants and black skates (not sure if she's got skate covers on, either way it looks cool).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm back, and playing catch-up (I'll jump forward to LIVE when the interval ends). Currently watching the last girl in Group 1.

Awww thank you! :D

I don't actually! Sounds like fun - but is there a Polina with a X or Z last name?

That's pronbably because I didn't finish it, and just mentioned it at the time rather than post it. I gave up about a third of the way down the alphabet, when I realised that it was going to be massive! :laugh:

Thanks for the link too, I've just tuned in, sounds like there is an audience there? Or is that just fellow teammates?

I think it is canned applause.

Woah this dress is a bit daring...how old are Advanced Novices again šŸ˜± Not a bad program though.

Do you remember who it was you were talking about? (Was it the first girl in Group 2, Nikita ILIEVA?)

To answer your question, here are the ages for the divisions of Novice level:

10 ā‰¤ Basic Novice (the former Basic Novice A) > 13
13 ā‰¤ Intermediate Novice (the former Basic Novice B) > 15
10 ā‰¤ Advanced Novice > 15

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I'm back LIVE now. (Just 4 left to watch in Group 2, but will go back to them at the interval.

Didn't notice until there now that we are going straight onto the boys after this final group of girls. The next resurfacing isn't until after the boys.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The sound quality is awful. When the announcer is talking, it is so loud and so echoey that you can't make out what is being said. Which is a problem, as there are no graphics. Fortunately, there is live scoring, so at least you can keep a track of what is going on through it.
It totally is.

And now, oh-no equipment failure!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh oh. Nehir DENER has fallen, and has had to stop.

She has stayed on the ice, but has gone over to the boards. I initially thought she had hurt herself, but it looks like she is doing something with her laces.

She eventually went back out and finished her programme. But, she must have missed a big chunk, because the music re-started while she was hunkered down at the boards. And it was playing for a long time before she went back out.

Perhaps unsurprisingly considering what just happened, she has gone into last place, with 2 points of deductions.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooo I like this purple costume!

Only problem is the sound quality is so bad I can't recognise what's playing. Sounds jazzy?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now a music problem for Aleksandra STAMENKOVSKA.

Wrong music. :palmf: But, they quickly got it fixed.

It's a nice design of dress that she's wearing, but I'm not sure if the combination of colours (white and grey) works.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Tutu costume!

They did fix the music mishap super quick, I must say. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It has been a long time since I last saw Stefania, and I have to admit I couldn't remember what she was like. But, I liked what I saw today! That was very good!!!

Just the one wee mistake that I spotted, but it was just a minor thing.

With 2 to go, she goes into 3rd position, just a smidgeon behind 2nd.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

With Emilea, Marilena and Stefania all looking good, things are really looking up for Cyprus.

We just have to wait for Junior Ladies later on to see what form Ekaterina is in this season.

:cheer: WELL DONE STEFANIA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Selin looks to be an Aliona fan!

Or was this Anna's music? I can't remember now!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ah the boys are out, it was a bit weird when it looked like they were hanging out in one corner for some reason!

Although I wonder what they were deleting on the stream...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah the boys are out, it was a bit weird when it looked like they were hanging out in one corner for some reason!

They were checking out the girls! ;) :laugh:

It's always a good start to a competition when the first skater comes out and we hear The Scorpions! :rock:

Although I wonder what they were deleting on the stream...

I've seen this happen at competitions before.

The stream is being filmed using a normal digital camera, and being recorded onto an SD card. And so that the card doesn't get filled up and stop filming mid group (or even mid-programme), they momentarily stop recording either between segments or during intervals, and wipe the card.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
OMG! Prime vest content coming right up!

Sorry for the lack of names I closed the live scoring page...I need to re-open it.