Country
Northern-Ireland
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Juniors have now finished, so it is time for the Seniors. Starting with the Senior Ladies SP. It will be tea time soon, so I will not be watching.

Here is the link for the livestream (starts at 8h 30m 50s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOuIalva9oE&t=30650

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/pages/ST2021_SENIORLADIES_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/index.html?page=SEG003.HTM

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After finishing my tea earlier than I expected, I started watching the Junior Men. And I feel so sorry for the third guy to start (the last in Group 1), Seldin SALIU of Macedonia. He got into position, and the music started, and he started skating, and then the music cut out after about 4 seconds.

So, he went over to the panel, and talked to them. And he waited around for a good while, and then decided to warm up again. Eventually he must have been given a signal that they were ready to go again. He started going back to his position, and the music started while he was on his way! So, it was stopped again until he got back into position. When he got into position, the music started and he started skating, and then the music cut out again at the same point. :drama:

Cue another long wait while they tried to sort out the music. He again took the opportunity to do some warming up. And, eventually, he was told to try again. And, thankfully, this time it worked.

Unfortunately, all this disruption didn't do him any good. He went into last position by a considerable distance.

Poor fella! He needs a :ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Olga. Another strong skate, a little iffy on the jump landings, but solidly into first place.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And to round out today's action, we have the Senior Men's SP. But, I am not watching, as I am watching a film.

Here is the link for the livestream (starts at 10h 56m 0s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOuIalva9oE&t=39360

http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/pages/ST2021_SENIORMEN_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/index.html?page=SEG001.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Whoa, Didn't realise it was starting this early. I've not had time for my breakfast!

Day 2 was due to start with the Advanced Novice Ladies FS 5 minutes ago. But, there is no sign of a livestream yet. :drama:

EDIT: It's up now.​

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk6-H26SvIY

http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastav...ESGIRLS1.7.2005-30.6.2010_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

http://sofia-trophy.clubdenkovastaviski.com/2021/ISU/index.html?page=SEG012.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello!

This is early! But any time is a good time to watch skating.

Although they haven't fixed the sound issue...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I had a look at the protocols from the SP, and I am so angry for Nehir DENER (who kicked off the FS).

Nehir was the girl that had to stop for an extended period mid-programme due to boot issues yesterday. And the music was restarted while she was working at it, and continued on for a long time before she got up again. So, she missed a whole chunk of her planned programme.

Well, she was given 1.5 points in deductions for the stoppage! šŸ˜²

That is not fair! I thought in situations like this you were allowed something like 5 minutes to sort it out.

Anyway, she had a clean programme in the Free. So, hopefully she will climb up some places (she could realistically climb up quite a few places, as it is very tight at the bottom of the field).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The dress worn by the Kazakh girl, Maiya AYAPBERGENOVA, is VERY pink! I would go as far as to say that it is fluorescent!

Looking at the SP protocols, on top of the half point for her fall, she got a point deduction for "costume failure". I wonder what happened. Because I didn't notice anything.

Well, she's going to get more deductions now. Because not only was her final jump way after the music finished, but she fell on it!

So far, Dener has jumped 2 skaters. Will she jump AYAPBERGENOVA too? I think she will.

EDIT: She did on the FS, but not overall. AYAPBERGENOVA leads overall by 0.01!!!​

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just want to tear my hair out.

Deana PRILEPCANSKA's red dress with black trimmings would have been so beautiful if it was just that. But, it had a massive white section around her middle, and that spoiled the look of the whole thing.

As for the skating, she had a fall.

She loses a place to Masa ILIC (SRB)

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just want to tear my hair out.

Deana PRILEPCANSKA's red dress with black trimmings would have been so beautiful if it was just that. But, it had a massive white section around her middle, and that spoiled the look of the whole thing.

As for the skating, she had a fall.

She loses a place to Masa ILIC (SRB)

CaroLiza_fan
Yeah that was a really weird choice. I liked the girl with the black dress with the red under the skirt, very classy.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And we finish Group 1 with another skater who is going to get deductions for finishing after the music. Fortuntately, Ingrid Ana PRICOP was doing a spin, and I think she actually started it before the music ended. So, it won't be as costly as the girl who fell on the jump earlier.

Yeah, only half a point deducted. And she stays ahead, with a 3.15 point lead over Masa ILIC.

I like the way they got the Group 2 Warm-Up underway as soon as she came off the ice. We are running about 10 minutes behind schedule, so hopefully this will get some of that back.

(Yes, I am thinking about all the things I have to do during the interval!)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, I like this from Samira MITISKA of Austria.

Skating to "FĆ¼r Elise" dressed up like Beethoven! :biggrin:

She looked so cute with her pigtails! :love:

And the skating was the icing on the cake! Easily the best so far.

That said, she is not leading by as much as I would have expected. Only by 0.48 in the FS and 1.7 overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We just had a series of contrasts.

Defne Gunce KILIC of Turkey came out, and put in a performance that gave her a massive lead.

Then came Ruxandra Sabina ROTUNDU of Romania, and everything was a hot mess! The music was too busy, and she was almost chasing it, and as a result kept making mistakes.

On the plus side, the dress was beautiful.

She was only a smidgeon ahead of Kilic after the SP, and I can't see her staying there.

Yeah, 5th in the FS, and 4th overall.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Poor Nikita ILIEVA. Everything went wrong for her! šŸ˜ž

The time she fell and was sitting on her backside on the ice just said everything. She didn't want to get up and continue. She just wanted it to end there. But, she did eventually get up... and the mistakes kept happening.

Just put today behind you, love. It'll be better next time.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh wow this lady really has black skates! That awesome you go, girl!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh wow this lady really has black skates! That awesome you go, girl!

I had to pop off for 10 minutes, so have only just watched her now.

LOVED everything about Ana SCEPANOVIC's programme. The music (a "Les Miserables" medley); the costume (black dress with gold motif, black stockings, black boots); and most of all the skating!

The black theme worked really well. It wouldn't have had the same effect with white boots. Can you imagine Darth Vader wearing white boots? He wouldn't have been anywhere near as imposing.

Without doubt my favourite programme of the day so far!

A well deserved new leader!

CaroLiza_fan