2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships: General Info

sworddance21

On the Ice
When I click on the practice groups - either from the link posted here or directly from the website - it gives me an error saying the page doesn't exist. Anyone else having issues?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I click on the practice groups - either from the link posted here or directly from the website - it gives me an error saying the page doesn't exist. Anyone else having issues?
They did take down the practice groups.

I can tell you Nathan was in group A, Jason Vincent (and Jordan Moeller:party2:) in group B and Tomoki in group C.

My sheer and based on nothing speculation would be that interested parties (like me:biggrin:) noticed that Andrew T. was not in the official practices and began spreading the word that he would not be at Nats, before Andrew made an official announcement.

But they're still not back up🤷‍♀️

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
very odd to take down the practice groups, unless there are major changes to who is going to skate. Or they were put up by mistake. With only a week to go, it is very odd.....

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I often go into another room to get something, then forget what I was going to get. I did that even when I was in my teens.
It's worse in the mornings (I never was a morning person). One time when I was in my 20s, I got up one morning, then after doing my breakfast, I put the milk in the breadbox and the bread in the refrigerator. I didn't discover that until the next day.

auser

Record Breaker
I often go into another room to get something, then forget what I was going to get. I did that even when I was in my teens.
It's worse in the mornings (I never was a morning person). One time when I was in my 20s, I got up one morning, then after doing my breakfast, I put the milk in the breadbox and the bread in the refrigerator. I didn't discover that until the next day.
Ha. I'm not a morning person either. Unless I am staying up until morning watching skating;).

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Peacock has added every session to their steaming schedule.

Looks like there are going to be official streaming of the practices as well, since those are on the schedule too.

Just go to sports and then down to figure skating.

Weathergal

Medalist
Withdrawals I know of so far:
Men
Andrew Torgashev due to injury (and he also said he needs to adjust more to his new training environment).

Pairs
Sarah Burden / Matthew Rounis
Winter Deardorff / Mikhail Johnson
Brynne McIsaac / Mark Sadusky
I don't any of the withdrawal reasons for the pairs.

Dance
Adrienne Carhart / Ivan Gurianov have split and withdrawn.
Christina Carreira / Anthony Ponomarenko have withdrawn because they were in direct contact with someone at their training center who tested positive for COVID-19. (They've tested negative.) (This is per Christina's Instagram.)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The really bad thing about covid is that there is no test that says you DONT have it. And there are false negatives. So if you have been around someone who then tests positive, there is no way of knowing if you were successfully infected till days later, and by then you have no idea by who. It is my hope that while there are too doubters in the US, some country like South Korea will test everyone all the time and track them so we can get some data on exactly how infections occur...right now, all South Korea knows is that infection can occur at 20 ft in five minutes if the restaurant air conditioning vents are just so.
Interestingly, I think I related how my Alma Mater, the University of Ill. Champaign Urbana makes everyone from the janitors to the students to the Profs carry a cell phone app or smart card. They get tested twice a week with an in house developed spit test that is quick and easy. If negative, the app produces a QR code they can have scanned to get into buildings. Have good thoughts for the health of our skaters. And pray for a vaxx.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
This is crazy. There showing half of the Pairs Free Skate, then showing half of the Free Dance, then showing the rest of the Pairs Free Skate then showing the rest of the Free Dance, plus the NBC/Peacock schedule is completely out of sync. Peacock is showing the ladies SP at 9:12 PM, but NBC is only showing it at 10:pM and it's supposed to be live on NBC. And according to the competition schedule, the ladies SP starts at 9:12 PM. Is NBC only showing the later HALF of the competition and Peacock is showing the full thing?? And it's the same story with the men's free skate. What on earth is going on???
Below is the competition schedule, then the NBC schedule, then the Peacock schedule, which I got off of the website.

COMPETITION SCHEDULE
All times Eastern. Subject to change.
Championship Events:
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Pairs Short Program | 5:58 p.m.
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Ladies Short Program | 9:12 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Rhythm Dance | 3:58 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Ladies Free Skate | 7:52 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Men's Short Program | 3:11 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (First Group) | 7:01 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (First Group) | 7:58 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (Final Group) | 8:55 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (Final Group) | 10:28 p.m.
Sun., Jan. 17 | Men's Free Skate | 2:51 p.m.

Television Schedule

Championship-level events only. All times Eastern; check local listings. Subject to change.

Thurs., Jan. 14 | Pairs Short Program | 6 – 8 p.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Ladies Short Program | 10 p.m. – Midnight | NBCSN (Live)
Fri., Jan. 15 | Rhythm Dance | 4 – 6 p.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Fri., Jan. 15 | Ladies Free Skate | 8 – 11 p.m. | NBC (Live)
Sat., Jan. 16 | Men’s Short Program | 4 – 6 p.m. | NBC (Live)
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance / Pairs Free Skate | 9 p.m. – Midnight | NBCSN (Live)
Sun., Jan. 17 | Men’s Free Skate | 3:30 – 6 p.m. | NBC (Live)
Sun., Jan. 24 | Free Dance | 5 – 6 p.m. | NBC
Sun., Jan. 31 | Best of the 2021 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships | 12 – 2 p.m. | NBC
Sun., Feb. 14 | U.S. Championships Skating Spectacular | 4 – 6 p.m. | NBC

Streaming Schedule

Available on Peacock Premium. All times Eastern. Subject to change.

Championship Events:
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Pairs Short Program | 5:58 p.m.
Thurs., Jan. 14 | Ladies Short Program | 9:12 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Rhythm Dance | 3:58 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 15 | Ladies Free Skate | 7:52 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Men's Short Program | 3:11 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (First Group) | 7:01 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (First Group) | 7:58 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Pairs Free Skate (Final Group) | 8:55 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 16 | Free Dance (Final Group) | 10:28 p.m.
Sun., Jan. 17 | Men's Free Skate | 2:51 p.m.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is crazy. There showing half of the Pairs Free Skate, then showing half of the Free Dance, then showing the rest of the Pairs Free Skate then showing the rest of the Free Dance,
This is the way they do it. Either they split pairs and men groups, or they split pairs and dance. Because more people come to the afternoon sessions, and they get to see the "better half."

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is the way they do it. Either they split pairs and men groups, or they split pairs and dance. Because more people come to the afternoon sessions, and they get to see the "better half."
Yes in Detroit I got to the rink at something insane like 9 am for the first group of I believe 3 pairs. There was almost no one there. I stuffied as much as I could. But there are no people coming this time. No need to split them.

Also NBC won’t show all the ladies. They will show the final 2-3 groups.

Also I am sick with nerves for Gracie.

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
Withdrawals I know of so far:
Men
Andrew Torgashev due to injury (and he also said he needs to adjust more to his new training environment).

Pairs
Sarah Burden / Matthew Rounis
Winter Deardorff / Mikhail Johnson
Brynne McIsaac / Mark Sadusky
I don't know any of the withdrawal reasons for the pairs.

Dance
Adrienne Carhart / Ivan Gurianov have split and withdrawn.
Christina Carreira / Anthony Ponomarenko have withdrawn because they were in direct contact with someone at their training center who tested positive for COVID-19. (They've tested negative.) (This is per Christina's Instagram.)
Update: Apparently all three pairs withdrew because of exposure to COVID from someone in their training environment. There has been no information that any of the three pairs have contracted it.

Hoping that they and Carreira / Ponomarenko stay well!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Update: Apparently all three pairs withdrew because of exposure to COVID from someone in their training environment. There has been no information that any of the three pairs have contracted it.

Hoping that they and Carreira / Ponomarenko stay well!
Me too. With the Ohio state study of its own athletes with covid that shows many with heart damage, its pretty scary.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think I am having false memories. I havent been to nats in a couple of years but I went every year before that back to 2007, IIRc. I dont remember much splitting, except for the 2010 Oly year in Spokane when they really went screwy.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks for the schedule. Reminds me that while I am watching Peacock commercial free, I have to record the Tara and Johnny show on my other TV so I can fast forward through them later! (y) BTW, we are expecting a wind storm (50-65 mph) after much rain on super saturated wet ground, so If I disappear, its cause the power is out all over the county with trees down everywhere. Good thing nats is on demand on Peacock....

Last edited: