2021 World Team Trophy - General Info | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2021 World Team Trophy - General Info

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Rika Kihira is bringing back her old program to International Angel of Peace from last season for her free skate. She has also removed her 3Lz, and has possibly sustained a back injury.
any news on how the practices went today?
There are some clips circulating. Yuzuru landed a clean 4Lo and 4T-3T in his runthrough and practiced the triple axel 10 times. And I've heard Shoma nearly landed his 3A-4T. Nothing for the other skaters, though.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Rika Kihira is bringing back her old program to International Angel of Peace from last season for her free skate. She has also removed her 3Lz, and has possibly sustained a back injury.

There are some clips circulating. Yuzuru landed a clean 4Lo and 4T-3T in his runthrough and practiced the triple axel 10 times. And I've heard Shoma nearly landed his 3A-4T. Nothing for the other skaters, though.
Oh no I hope Rika is not injured and just being cautious and I truly hope (even tho I do I know better at this point) that JSF is not sending her injured to this.

Im really exited to see Shoma going for that 3A-4T, one thing that I like about WTT a lot is that the pressure is lower than other international competitions and the skaters get to try new things they wouldn't want to risk trying in other international events.

Last edited:

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuzuru landed a clean 4Lo and 4T-3T in his runthrough and practiced the triple axel 10 times.
What about his quad axel? At Worlds he said he was practicing the quad axel like crazy. Though I’m happy he’s not risking it right now and injuring himself.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Oh no I hope Rika is not injured and just being cautious and I truly hope (even tho its I know better at this point) that JSF is not sending her injured to this.
My understanding was that it happened in practice yesterday, it's just pain and not necessarily an injury, and she is on ice and painkillers.
What about his quad axel? At Worlds he said he was practicing the quad axel like crazy. Though I’m happy he’s not risking it right now and injuring himself.
He hasn't landed it once, so it's off the table for this competition.

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
was wondering if someone can help clarify for me the WTT tie-break rules - what does ISU mean when they say this,

"The highest total team points from the two best places in different disciplines of the current phase will break the ties"

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
was wondering if someone can help clarify for me the WTT tie-break rules - what does ISU mean when they say this,

"The highest total team points from the two best places in different disciplines of the current phase will break the ties"
the current phase = short or free
for each tied team, take the top 2 placements/points from different disciplines (i.e. not 2 men or 2 ladies), add up the points
the team with the higher points is considered the higher placing one.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
Oh no I hope Rika is not injured and just being cautious and I truly hope (even tho I do I know better at this point) that JSF is not sending her injured to this.

Im really exited to see Shoma going for that 3A-4T, one thing that I like about WTT a lot is that the pressure is lower than other international competitions and the skaters get to try new things they wouldn't want to risk trying in other international events.
Rika does seem to be injured according to this. https://hochi.news/articles/20210414-OHT1T50133.html

Although her layout also suggests she's injured.

Andrea82

Medalist
The panels of judges

Dance
Judge 1: Mr. Massimo ORLANDINI (Italy)
Judge 2: Ms. Sharon ROGERS (USA)
Judge 3: Ms. Malgorzata SOBKOW (Poland)
Judge 4: Ms. Elena FOMINA (Russia)
Judge 5: Mr. Miroslav MISUREC (Czech Republic)
Judge 6: Ms. Kaoru TAKINO (Japan)
Judge 7: Ms. Karen BUTCHER (Canada)

Ladies
Judge 1: Mr. Miroslav MISUREC (Czech Republic)
Judge 2: Ms. Elena FOMINA (Russia)
Judge 3: Mr. Massimo ORLANDINI (Italy)
Judge 4: Ms. Leslie KEEN (Canada)
Judge 5: Ms. Lorrie PARKER (USA)
Judge 6: Ms. Malgorzata SOBKOW (Poland)
Judge 7: Ms. Sakae YAMAMOTO (Japan)

Men
Judge 1: Ms. Karen BUTCHER (Canada)
Judge 2: Mr. Philippe MERIGUET (France)
Judge 3: Ms. Sakae YAMAMOTO (Japan)
Judge 4: Mr. Walter TOIGO (Italy)
Judge 5: Ms. Lorrie PARKER (USA)