2022-23 Grand Prix assignments | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Grand Prix assignments

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I think and could return to juniors still next year if he has to?
He won't be junior-eligible, he was born in June. But, depending on his health, he could take part in JWC this season.

He's on the list for Golden Spin, by the way.

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I think there's a young skater or two unlucky like this every year. From random memory, there was Samsonov a year or two ago, who also lost his two GP assignments, this year Nina Pinzarrone, a few years ago the JWC medalist Ting Cui... & I'm still sorry for Mitsuki Sumoto who lost his only chance at a GP due to having a light fever and getting eliminated due to covid protocol. Hopefully Shaidorov can rebound.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yeah, those are the most heart-breaking stories. 🥺 Just like Erokhov - Junior World Champion in 2018 and then he lost both of his senior GP assignments due to injury. And now it is very questionable if he'll ever get the opportunity to skate a senior GP again.

Anyway, good luck and speedy recovery to Shaidorov! Hopefully he will be able to score high at Golden Spin and put himself on the SB list for a GP next season.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Yeah, those are the most heart-breaking stories. 🥺 Just like Erokhov - Junior World Champion in 2018 and then he lost both of his senior GP assignments due to injury. And now it is very questionable if he'll ever get the opportunity to skate a senior GP again.

Anyway, good luck and speedy recovery to Shaidorov! Hopefully he will be able to score high at Golden Spin and put himself on the SB list for a GP next season.
Our local girl Viveca. She was fortunate we had GP 2018 in Finland, so she got a chance to compete there. After EC bronze -19 she was invited to tWo GP comps but after her EC medal she could never again compete and finally retired 1,5 years later after noticing she does not get her back anymore to so good shape she could compete any more . She is at same age as Emmi and Jenni, I would like to see her have some more years and especially now when GP comp not only in home country, but I think the arena is the one where she practiced.

Last edited:

surimi

Record Breaker
This is not related to assigments, but I'm curious - since the world standings only have two slots for J/GP, where do the points from J/GPF go? Into 'international competition'? And who gets them? Only the medalists, or all 6?

yesterday

Record Breaker
This is not related to assigments, but I'm curious - since the world standings only have two slots for J/GP, where do the points from J/GPF go? Into 'international competition'? And who gets them? Only the medalists, or all 6?
should be Int. Competition, as the GPF is not an ISU comp.

don't know who/how many points.

funfact:
due to cancellation, Turino has also been the latest host of GPF. So it's kind of two in a row.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

should be Int. Competition, as the GPF is not an ISU comp.

don't know who/how many points.

funfact:
due to cancellation, Turino has also been the latest host of GPF. So it's kind of two in a row.
The points for GPF/JGPF go under the GP/JGP category. You can only count a maximum of two events in that category, so they replace the lower of the GP points the team already has.

surimi

Record Breaker
The points for GPF/JGPF go under the GP/JGP category. You can only count a maximum of two events in that category, so they replace the lower of the GP points the team already has.

Thank you! I hope that when the skater finishes lower than during their two GP, they don't replace the points for placement?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you! I hope that when the skater finishes lower than during their two GP, they don't replace the points for placement?
It only gets replaced when the points are higher. But GPF/JGPF are worth more points than regular GP/JGP events, so even placing 6th is worth more points than winning a GP for seniors. For juniors, 5th and 6th at the final is worth less than winning a JGP, so sometimes it's not replaced. But still normally it ends up being more points.

surimi

Record Breaker
It only gets replaced when the points are higher. But GPF/JGPF are worth more points than regular GP/JGP events, so even placing 6th is worth more points than winning a GP for seniors. For juniors, 5th and 6th at the final is worth less than winning a JGP, so sometimes it's not replaced. But still normally it ends up being more points.

I didn't know that - :thank: !