2022-23 Grand Prix assignments | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Grand Prix assignments

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What is going on with Matte-Ferland ??? anyone knows? I really like this team !

ETA : his instragram shows him doing triple flip and triple loop jumps... so i guess he is training solo right now... probably because Matte may be injured?

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
NHK is the most stacked in all 4 disciplines, so I feel bad for the skaters there they will have high scores, but won't make GPF
6 of the 12 women at NHK have won a medal on this GP circuit, as have 5 of the men and 4 of the pairs. That's almost half the field for those 3 disciplines.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Who could replace Safina/Berulova? The Swedish twins? Could Finland have a host spot? Milania an Filippo are going to take part in nats (qualification tomorrow but as an only pair it is just a formality), so could they get the host spot or are they eligible to skate internationally yet? It is even possible if they have not competed, even if using the host spot?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Okay, per TV, Zukova/Bidar WD from NHK Trophy is due to a sad event in her family, and the commentator was expressing sympathy for her, saying it's not known when the pair would be back. I guess she's had to leave for Russia then, at least temporarily. I hope she's well.

Ziotic

Medalist
NHK is the most stacked in all 4 disciplines, so I feel bad for the skaters there they will have high scores, but won't make GPF
I just took a closer look and NHK will determine who makes GPF with so many people playing spoilers to others, rough breaks that’s for sure.

yesterday

Record Breaker
So we have a double
default_fechten.gif
in Espoo's pairs!

Georgians vs. Georgians
and
Dutch vs. Dutch (the secret ex-Champs-now-Coaches-battle? :biggrin: )

also Italians vs. Italians but there are generally more pairs in the mix.
Super exciting!

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
So we have a double
default_fechten.gif
in Espoo's pairs!

Georgians vs. Georgians
and
Dutch vs. Dutch (the secret ex-Champs-now-Coaches-battle? :biggrin: )

also Italians vs. Italians but there are generally more pairs in the mix.
Super exciting!
Matte/Ferland also out from Espoo. :confused: . So many WD's, will there soon be any pairs to replace, if there is any more? I mean those who has enough scores to get a spot? I am asking this being serious.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Matte/Ferland also out from Espoo. :confused: . So many WD's, will there soon be any pairs to replace, if there is any more? I mean those who has enough scores to get a spot? I am asking this being serious.
I think these are the remaining pairs possibilities:
Crafoord/Crafoord SWE
Vaipan-Law/Digby GBR
Piegad/Strekalin FRA
Yunoki/Ichihashi JPN

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think these are the remaining pairs possibilities:
Crafoord/Crafoord SWE
Vaipan-Law/Digby GBR
Piegad/Strekalin FRA

Yunoki/Ichihashi JPN

Crafoord twins have already been selected. The bolded pairs have the minimum score required.

As of right now (unless Finland chooses another pair) Skate America has been the only event with a full slate of pairs.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Crafoord twins have already been selected. The bolded pairs have the minimum score required.

As of right now (unless Finland chooses another pair) Skate America has been the only event with a full slate of pairs.
Swedes were added just today and there are no eight pairs so far.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

Were NHK able to select Yunoki/Ichihashi as a host fed, or would they have to follow the selection rules? Just feels like a missed opportunity for them...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Kazakh media say he was in hospital (the reason wasn't given, but not covid).

How unlucky is his career after all. It will be very difficult to get the stages next season.
God, speedy recovery, but the kid just can’t get a break… I think and could return to juniors still next year if he has to? As long as he recovers. 🙏