2022 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Challenge

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Now to finish my night with the Junior Girls. Ontario versus Quebec. If I remember correctly, the Quebec girls have more talent and I remember Justine catching my eye.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
MM Pomerleau has huge jumps. her 2a-3t was gigantic ! Some iffy landings but not a bad outing at all.. No lutz yet.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Fiona did not have her best skate.. but damn that lutz is huge... genetics...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yes. MM Pomerlau’s 2A 3T was huge. Fiona’s 3S splat was perfectly timed with the music. I missed the performance of the skater currently in first place 😟

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Katherine Karon... strong skate.. had never heard of her before this event. Will need to learn how to perform and connect but solid

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
she is Josée's daughter (father is Jean-Michel Bombardier, pairs skater)
Nice! I remember her from virtual event. I think she still is going to place top 18. So, we will see her at Nationals. Katherine was feisty. Lots of ur’s. But, I loved her 2A 2Lo 2Lo at the end of her program. One skater to go…. Justine

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Justine, after winning Quebec Sectionals, is definitely the most talented Junior after Kaiya. Her individual jumps are huge. I think we have a winner. Hoping for a score over 150.

VickB

On the Ice
Now to finish my night with the Junior Girls. Ontario versus Quebec. If I remember correctly, the Quebec girls have more talent and I remember Justine catching my eye.
More than that, Justine Miclette had another great skate ... she is incredible talent ... huge jumps with Italian opera ... incredible talent 👏👏👏

Katherine Karon was second... she caught my eye.. doing harder triple jumps

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looks like I’m alone watching my Canadian ladies qualify to Nationals. Madeline, Kaiya, and Emily B. and Alison (competing here) have byes right? That means the top 15 in this event qualify. After watching the Koreans last night, there is a big difference. But, I’m enjoying this event. We are in the third last flight. Praying for a woman to top 140 in this flight. 🙏🏽

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Looks like I’m alone watching my Canadian ladies qualify to Nationals. Madeline, Kaiya, and Emily B. and Alison (competing here) have byes right? That means the top 15 in this event qualify. After watching the Koreans last night, there is a big difference. But, I’m enjoying this event. We are in the third last flight. Praying for a woman to top 140 in this flight. 🙏🏽
i am watching... you got your wish with now even one woman in 150+ (and another just above 140)
It looks like my avatar's sister Amelia Orzel has grown a lot and is struggling... she was a very promising novice and junior skater. We need to stop giving our skaters too much maple syrup ! I notice also the absence here of Kim Deguise-Léveillé. I didn't follow Quebec sectionals closely enough to know if she didn't perform well enough there to qualify to challenge or if she is just injured or whatever...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good! The ladies have exceeded my expectations so far with two flights to go. Katherine Spence was quite good. Huge 2A 3T and she is now in first place with a score 150+. Now I need to wish Michele Long luck as she skates first in this group. Alison S. is also in this flight. Praying for a score of over 160 from this flight of skaters 🙏🏽

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Good! The ladies have exceeded my expectations so far with two flights to go. Katherine Spence was quite good. Huge 2A 3T and she is now in first place with a score 150+. Now I need to wish Michele Long luck as she skates first in this group. Alison S. is also in this flight. Praying for a score of over 160 from this flight of skaters 🙏🏽
As we are nearing SP scores of 50... it would be a pity if they didn't get 100 at least in the FP. for a total above 150.. sigh....