2022 Skate Canada Challenge | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2022 Skate Canada Challenge

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
i am watching... you got your wish with now even one woman in 150+ (and another just above 140)
It looks like my avatar's sister Amelia Orzel has grown a lot and is struggling... she was a very promising novice and junior skater. We need to stop giving our skaters too much maple syrup ! I notice also the absence here of Kim Deguise-Léveillé. I didn't follow Quebec sectionals closely enough to know if she didn't perform well enough there to qualify to challenge or if she is just injured or whatever...
Yes. Two good skates from that last flight. I missed Amelia’s performance. I only saw her score 😔. I was rooting for her to do well here so she could join her brother at Nationals.

VickB

On the Ice
Looks like I’m alone watching my Canadian ladies qualify to Nationals. Madeline, Kaiya, and Emily B. and Alison (competing here) have byes right? That means the top 15 in this event qualify. After watching the Koreans last night, there is a big difference. But, I’m enjoying this event. We are in the third last flight. Praying for a woman to top 140 in this flight. 🙏🏽

Korean team is very good in the women... and one guy... I believe that they have 9 strong women skaters and other than Japan and Russia are only contenders for Olympic medals..

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Michelle Long's fp was very underwhelming. Not talking about the jump issues here but usually I feel she performs with much more enthusiasm. It was as if she had given up

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Lia Pereira is a very solid jumper. All she needs now is to get the harder triples... (she doubled the lutz... did she even attempt a loop?) i guess i should pay more attention LOL

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Michelle Long's fp was very underwhelming. Not talking about the jump issues here but usually I feel she performs with much more enthusiasm. It was as if she had given up
I agree. I preferred her past performances 😞

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Lia Pereira is a very solid jumper. All she needs now is to get the harder triples... (she doubled the lutz... did she even attempt a loop?) i guess i should pay more attention LOL
She did a clean 3Lo. It was a 2Lz on the JGP too, so I think that's planned.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
allison lost her rhythm... tilted in the air... pops... wow.. she had a bye right?? if not, it's pretty much goodbye !

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
allison lost her rhythm... tilted in the air... pops... wow.. she had a bye right?? if not, it's pretty much goodbye !
Yes. I think she has a bye because she competed in Skate Canada. She had a rough skate. But, believe it or not, that skate still was good enough to qualify, on its own merit 😳

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
funny... when i hear this song, i should Lara Fabian's face... but i see Weaver's :) as if she is singing

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes. I think she has a bye because she competed in Skate Canada. She had a rough skate. But, believe it or not, that skate still was good enough to qualify, on its own merit 😳
it shouldn't have been... but that's another story... whether we address the lack of depth or we just talk about how generously scored she was compared to some of the earlier skaters.... When Allison is on, she has this smooth skating that is so exquisite to watch... but she's never connected to audience and music... so when she is off, her PCS should be much lower...

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ok. I guess I got my goal. Thank you Lia for scoring over 160. Just barely…. 😮‍💨

Now for the final flight of skaters featuring something I didn’t see at the Korean event, an Olympic gold medalist🥇 Gabrielle Daleman 😚. I’m rooting for Veronik… I hope she attempts a triple triple in the free skate. I don’t see anybody beating Daleman at this event. Rooting for a score of over 170 😜

balabam

🥕🥕🌵🌵😈😀
Record Breaker
Country
Slovakia
Earlier today I watched the Korean ranking competition free skate, where the golden standard (aka hardest combo which the vast majority of 24 women attempt) was 3Lz+3T. There is the 3T+2T. I think is like another world, but... it is not so apparent on the international circuit for now.