WARM-UP GROUP 3
13Mia ClarkeQC
14Elisha RyuON
15Aleksa VolkovaQC
16Alys RajotteQC
17Tian QingON
18Kara Yun
SP: "You Are The Reason" by Calum Scott, Jon Maguire
FS: "A Piece Of Sky" by Michel Legrand, performed by Barbara Streisand; choreo by Joanne McLeod, Neil Wilson
BC/YK

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Really feel like Kara got some bonus points tonight since she was one of the favs to win this. With the number of clean skates she should have been lower.

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Really great to see Canada have some great upcoming skaters as seen with their Junior Women today. Great potential!

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Quite a lot of 3-3 combos ! Didn't see the event... just the protocols... but wow ! Very strong SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Hey mister! They usually have archives up by now...come on guys!!!
yeah.. but i had a very bad day... so i am not sure i am up to watch figure skating on archives :) i need to pace myself for the rest of the week. I did watch the boys this afternoon : i liked Edward Vasii very much... HUGE triple axel.

peese

Medalist
yeah.. but i had a very bad day... so i am not sure i am up to watch figure skating on archives :) i need to pace myself for the rest of the week. I did watch the boys this afternoon : i liked Edward Vasii very much... HUGE triple axel.
Edward has a great 3 axel! Very talented skater. Huge improvements in a short time. If the archives come up soon, I suggest watching some skating! You're very bad day will hopefully turn into a very good day!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Edward has a great 3 axel! Very talented skater. Huge improvements in a short time. If the archives come up soon, I suggest watching some skating! You're very bad day will hopefully turn into a very good day!!!
okok i am starting the junior women's....

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just finished watching. Because I work, I had to wait and not peek the forum, till now.
Kara 😭 (first time this season she didn’t land her 3Lz 3T in the SP, and the worse time to do it); will she fight and still make the podium tmrw? No Junior Worlds for her this year
Hetty was unbelievable. Well deserved first place
Lulu… my pick to win this event now, as she won the free skate portion of the Challenger event
Lots of triple triple combinations… it will soon be a staple in Senior for our Canadian Ladies. Which, is great news
My fave was the Manitoba girl, Breken; her GOE for her triple triple was too low
They gave bonuses. Is it bonus for landing a triple triple with positive GOE? Spins? I wish they wouldn’t give out bonuses. But, maybe, they do this to encourage triple triples and grade 4 spins 😕

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I just finished watching. Because I work, I had to wait and not peek the forum, till now.
Kara 😭 (first time this season she didn’t land her 3Lz 3T in the SP, and the worse time to do it); will she fight and still make the podium tmrw? No Junior Worlds for her this year
Hetty was unbelievable. Well deserved first place
Lulu… my pick to win this event now, as she won the free skate portion of the Challenger event
Lots of triple triple combinations… it will soon be a staple in Senior for our Canadian Ladies. Which, is great news
My fave was the Manitoba girl, Breken; her GOE for her triple triple was too low
They gave bonuses. Is it bonus for landing a triple triple with positive GOE? Spins? I wish they wouldn’t give out bonuses. But, maybe, they do this to encourage triple triples and grade 4 spins 😕
the bonus is to encourage the bigger combos and harder jumps. there is no spin bonuses. It is exactly for that : to encourage harder triple jump attempts. At this point,many skaters are getting these bonuses.... maybe Skate Canada will no longer need them in the future.

Last edited:

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Aleksa Volkova's SP dress makes me nostalgic for my old Laurentien pencil crayon set. Sarasota Orange! Hollywood Cerise! Emerald Green! All trimmed with Metallic Gold. Very bold.

Her skating's pretty good too, especially that Ina Bauer. :)