2023 Denis Ten Memorial Junior (non CS) Events | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Denis Ten Memorial Junior (non CS) Events

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lots of unnamed music in this group. Pauline skates to Kill Bill and Sofi to Time by Hans Zimmer.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK. I was not expecting to hear Neil Armstrong and his "one small step"during a figure skating programme. And I certainly was not expecting it to be part of a techno track.

Viktoriya skates to Interstellar Main Theme (Abandoned Remix) by Hans Zimmer, Abandoned.

Ah! That explains everything.

She is our hair braiding fan with beautiful thick braids and a a whie with greyish skirt.

You know, when I see Viktoriya's hair, I can't help but think of our recently crowned double World Superbike Champion Alvaro Bautist (ESP). During the pandemic, he grew his hair long and put it into 3 braids (one either side like Viktoriya, and one in the middle). And you can imagine how much fun people made of it.

Here are a couple of photos:

fim-superbike-world-championship-estoril-round-2022.webp
fim-superbike-world-championship-estoril-round-2022.webp

Sorry, these were the best I could find.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
During the pandemic, he grew his hair long and put it into 3 braids (one either side like Viktoriya, and one in the middle). And you can imagine how much fun people made of it.
I think it is fine. If it works for him - great! I kinda like it.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pauline GORELIK AUS makes a bold choice black unitard and bright yellow top and skates to Kill Bill. Yellow triangles on her boot covers. She has such long legs and not a lot of spring. Rotations look like a bit of a problem for her.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think it is fine. If it works for him - great! I kinda like it.

It's a lot better looking than my hair was during the pandemic. :laugh:

Yes I slept after watching with you earlier. Had a lovely rest and am ready to go for the day. Jasmine was quite good too. I am currently liking Viktoriya's energy and thick, thick braids. Fluffy hair and fluffy skirt, springy style.

Phew. I was worried that you had done a shift at work in between, and hadn't got the chance to rest.

Boys, but that top Pauline GORELIK (AUS) is wearing is very yellow for this time of the morning! 😎 But, it ties in with the music.

She goes into 3rd in the FS and overall.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sabina BOTINA KAZ in a black and white unitard - half white/black top/jacket skating to Dirty Diana. This music is too old for her - I can't imagine she chose this. Now music change to a dancier piece of Keep it in the Closet. Lots of mistakes at the end as the skating was rather anemic. I am so old I remember when it was novel to skate to MJ

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Phew. I was worried that you had done a shift at work in between, and hadn't got the chance to rest.
Three wonderful days OFF - although they are looking for overtime as usual.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amira IRMATOVA KAZ has the lovely teal and sea blue trimmed dress that I liked on warm-up skating to Celine Dion Love You More. Jumps are a mixed bag, but getting stronger. We may have a new leader - nope PCS way down.

Wondering how Celine is doing - so sad that she is suffering so much.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kinda like the split screen of replay and K&C

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, I had accidentally posted this in the Volvo Open thread! :drama:

Sabina's dress reminds me a lot of this dress:

Carolina-Kostner-SP-2017-Worlds-Helsinki.jpg

The difference is that the skirt part of Sabina's is completely black. And Carolina doesn't have Michael Jackson's white glove like Sabina does.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sofi KARAPETYAN ARM in a royal blue dress with matching mesh and tights that looks very nice. Galaxy pattern on front of dress and web-like pattern on the back. Ticking clock-like sounds in her music. Don't recognize her music. She is having a pretty good skate. Very good centers to her spins. Very pleasant - into second. Jasmine still leads. PCS lower for Amira but helped Sabina.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nooooo!!!! Not this version of "Bolero"!!!!!! 🙉

Can't wait until Sunday until I see my youngest kid skate to the proper version in Riga!

OK, so Amina's programme did eventually switch over to the proper version (albeit with extra loud drumming). But, it doesn't make up for the version at the start.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amina SHALIMBEKOVA KAZ in all black dress, tights and skirt trimmed in silver skates to an unusual glee-like sounding Bolero piece with beats sung by a male voice and melody sung by a female voice. Nice stretch in her spins. very nice presentation. She finishes to modern, instrumental Bolero and relies on her spins and double jump combos.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ice Resurface then
Warm-Up Group 3
10 Zere SARBALINA KAZ
11 Veronika KOVALENKO KAZ
12 Varvara KOROTKOVA UZB
13 Anna SHENIUK ISR
14 Alika KHALIMOVA KAZ

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am a bad fan. I have only adopted a few and tend to forget all the events they are in. I should just stick to distant relative.

I know the feeling. I find it very hard to keep up with the ones I have.

Here's a funny story. A few weeks ago, Barbora Kucianová / Martin Bidař were doing three competitions on consecutive weeks. And for the first two weeks, I was going on about them doing back-to-back-to-back competitions. And then the third week, I completely forgot that they were competing! And I only remembered after the weekend when I was looking up results. :drama:

Fortunately for me, they had withdrawn from the FS. So, that made it a bit easier to cover up my stupidity.

With the girl I was talking about, I thought this weekend was her season debut. But 2 weeks ago tomorrow, I found out by accident that she has been doing a whole pile of domestic competitions in Estonia over the past couple of months, and would be in action again the following day. So, I had to throw together a recap of how she had been getting on so far.

Parenthood, eh! I don't know how anybody manages it in real life!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More mystery music in this group. Varvara skates to Clubbed to Death and Anna S to Roxanne.

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zere SARBALINA KAZ in pale turquoise skates to Muse. Very pleasant skate with some very nice jumps. Its Muse it is what you expect.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't know this music that Zere is skating to. I don't think I've ever heard it before. :p

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

I love "Exogenesis Symphony" (can't remember which number this one is), but even I have to admit that it is getting to the stage that it is over-used. Muse have other great songs that could be skated to, you know! And we saw that yesterday.

CaroLiza_fan