2023 Europeans: Women | Thoughts | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Europeans: Women | Thoughts

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't watch the events to compare what happened in previous seasons. I just like to see how the skaters progress and grow season-to-season :) For instance Repond earned all new personal bests in this event. I really enjoyed her free skate, (I know, Muse's "Exogenesis Symphony" has been used a lot, but I never tire of it :)) She was clean with the exception of a edge call on a 3Lz.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
- Anastasiia Gubanova deserved her victory and is an elegant, lyrical skater. But for the FS, I just don't understand how the PCS were higher than the TES, considering there was very little that reflected India. It felt like a water fairy's ballet variations loosely based on Indian themes, rather than a serious attempt at portraying this type of music. I don't feel much of a desire from her to portray it, either, hence I'm not charmed by that program. Her SP is good, I get what it's about, but I could do without the sound effects. Lovely skater, but I preferred her last year's programs to these. Does Urushadze still compete? I'd like to see both of them next year.
Agreed! Anastasiia's FS was a nice program but I didn't sense that she felt any real connection to the music. It looked as if she was focusing only on getting through her jumps and TBH the choreography wasn't all that interesting to me, either. She's talented, charming, and genuinely lovely; next season, I hope she finds music that she can really relate to.

It will be interesting to see the scores at Worlds when she goes head-to-head with Isabeau...