2023 Junior Worlds: Women | Thoughts | Golden Skate

2023 Junior Worlds: Women | Thoughts

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

There were so many good programs tonight! Which ones were your favorites? Who do you look forward to watching the most develop over the next few years?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I thought this event was so well skated. I enjoyed Mao, Ami, Jia, Minsol, and Yujae! What a top 5 ! I also liked An very much. Her refinement and grace reminds me of Chen Lu. I was impressed with how well these young women kept their cool, especially the final flight which was a delight ! Bravo to hometown favourite Kaiya Ruiter for performing as well as she could and securing a 2nd spot for Canada next year with her top 10 finish.... I cannot even remember the last time that happened at the junior level. I am looking forward to seeing these athletes develop as many won't be eligible for seniors for a few more seasons. I was elated after the LP the other night. I enjoy skating with passion, and when the athletes are able to deliver their best skates, it just makes me so happy !

Last edited:

Ziotic

Medalist
I thought this event was so well skated. I enjoyed Mao, Ami, Jia, Minso, and Yujae! What a top 5 ! I also liked A very much. Her refinement and grace reminds me of Chen Lu. I was impressed with how well these young women kept their cool, especially the final flight which was a delight ! Bravo to hometown favourite Kaiya Ruiter for performing as well as she could and securing a 2nd spot for Canada next year with her top 10 finish.... I cannot even remember the last time that happened at the junior level. I am looking forward to seeing these athletes develop as many won't be eligible for seniors for a few more seasons. I was elated after the LP the other night. I enjoy skating with passion, and when the athletes are able to deliver their best skates, it just makes me so happy !
Allison placed top ten at both her assignments to Jr worlds.

18/19 and 19/20

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Super impressive skate by Shimada! I think her PCS was pretty generous at 67 but she's still a cut above the other skaters and has some lovely highlights. Just a little more refinement and she'll challenge for the Japanese (and even World) title next year.

Also awesome to see ultra-C elements being performed by so many promising young skaters. But still nice to see skaters who backed up those ultra-Cs with good skating and well-constructed programs.