2023 NHK Trophy Pregame Chat | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Pregame Chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2023 NHK Trophy is the sixth and final event of the 2023-24 Grand Prix series and is scheduled to take place Nov. 24-26, 2023, in Osaka, Japan, at the Towa Pharmaceutical RACTAB Dome.

Post your thoughts, photos, tidbits, and news here!

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I just posted the GPF qualification scenarios in this thread. The lowdown: pairs is chaos, ice dance is set in stone, women are also chaos, and the men are pretty obvious unless chaos happens. I will try to do PBPs for the singles event (I'm unsure of whether or not I will nap or watch pairs) and will also keep you all updated on GPF qualification scenarios and any practice reports that float towards my corner of the internet.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I just posted the GPF qualification scenarios in this thread. The lowdown: pairs is chaos, ice dance is set in stone, women are also chaos, and the men are pretty obvious unless chaos happens. I will try to do PBPs for the singles event (I'm unsure of whether or not I will nap or watch pairs) and will also keep you all updated on GPF qualification scenarios and any practice reports that float towards my corner of the internet.
So many thanks!!

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i'll be missing you :( i also can watch the last two events every day because of time difference
All the events begin at the start of my shift - so I have no chance. I wish I could be there with you for the last GP, I may be able to check in briefly to see standings at break, but no guarantees.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Oh good. I can watch Dance and Women's Short at not unreasonable times. The rest, good luck to the men and pairs who will be chaos or be monumental. We never know.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
A weekend of sleep deprivation awaits. Hoping I can watch the NHK broadcast with my VPN. I find the Japanese commentary soothing 🤗
ETA: According to this source, NHK is online streaming as well as broadcasting the event. Not sure if the stream and broadcast will have different commentators. https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/729211.html

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh good. I can watch Dance and Women's Short at not unreasonable times. The rest, good luck to the men and pairs who will be chaos or be monumental. We never know.
Me too.. Will be watching only dance and women's short... we will see about the LPs... but I am definitely not going to watch men and pairs SP.

icewhite

Record Breaker
RD no, women hm, difficult, but I'll try, men's time is fine.

Women's lineup is crazy. I hope Rion makes the final.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While working on an old REWATCH from 1991-1992 NHK - found these skates for you to enjoy
from Masakazu "Papa" Kagiyama

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry so many goodies I am seeing today - this time some ladies

Also why did Surya change her programs for Olympics? These looked fine to me.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand