2023 Ondrej Nepela Memorial: General Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Ondrej Nepela Memorial: General Info

Ivana

On the Ice
As of today, Antonina Dubinina (SRB) and ice dancers Nosovitskaya/Nosovitskiy (ISR) are removed from the list. Also Amber Glenn, as noted last week already on the US figure skating assignment list.

I'm surprised Daniel Grassl was not removed until now, as he was swapped already in Budapest.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
ISU CS Nepela Memorial 2023
Bratislava / SVK
28.09.2023-30.09.2023
In order of Season Best, * - unofficial best.

Men
No. Name Nation Score
1 Junhwan CHA KOR 296.03
2 Daniel GRASSL ITA 278.07
3 Deniss VASILJEVS LAT 272.08
4 Gabriele FRANGIPANI ITA 244.57
5 Nika EGADZE GEO 243.35
6 Mikhail SHAIDOROV KAZ 237.14
7 Mark GORODNITSKY ISR 232.13
8 Maxim NAUMOV USA 227.17
9 Conrad ORZEL CAN 226.10
10 Ivan SHMURATKO UKR 221.44
11 Adam HAGARA SVK 220.33
12 Hyungyeom KIM KOR 213.56
13 Vladimir SAMOILOV POL 212.79
14 Kornel WITKOWSKI POL 200.97
15 Milosz WITKOWSKI POL 181.70
16 Fedir KULISH LAT 180.85
17 Lukas VACLAVIK SVK 180.61
18 Denis GURDZHI GER 178.54
19 Aleksandr VLASENKO HUN 177.16
20 Henry PRIVETT-MENDOZA GBR 159.52*
21 Filip KAYMAKCHIEV BUL 125.26

Women
No. Name Nation Score
1 Haein LEE KOR 225.47
2 Young YOU KOR 223.23
3 Chaeyeon KIM KOR 205.51
4 Ekaterina KURAKOVA POL 204.73
5 Madeline SCHIZAS CAN 192.14
6 Lara Naki GUTMANN ITA 179.59
7 Julia SAUTER ROU 170.31
8 Julia LANG HUN 166.55
9 Sofja STEPCENKO LAT 159.34
10 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU 157.42
11 Nina POVEY GBR 156.92
12 Mariia SENIUK ISR 156.26
13 Anastasia GOZHVA UKR 155.23
14 Jogaile AGLINSKYTE LTU 141.62
15 Yelizaveta BABENKO UKR 131.51
16 Vanesa SELMEKOVA SVK 130.19
17 Sara FRANZI SUI 130.09
18 Michaela VRASTAKOVA CZE 120.74
19 Meda VARIAKOJYTE LTU 120.51
20 Daria ZSIRNOV HUN 117.29
WD Amber GLENN USA 201.02
WD Ema DOBOSZOVA SVK 161.56
WD Antonina DUBININA SRB 134.58

Ice Dance
No. Name Nation Score
1 Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 214.73
2 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA CAN 202.40
3 Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN GEO 199.90
4 Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER CZE 196.39
5 Emilea ZINGAS / Vadym KOLESNIK USA 184.10
6 Yuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN FIN 176.77
7 Nadiia BASHYNSKA / Peter BEAUMONT CAN 171.61
8 Phebe BEKKER / James HERNANDEZ GBR 169.07
9 Mariia HOLUBTSOVA / Kyryl BIELOBROV UKR 168.91
10 Sofia VAL / Asaf KAZIMOV ESP 159.34*
11 Anna SIMOVA / Kirill AKSENOV SVK 159.14
12 Charise MATTHAEI / Max LIEBERS GER 153.04
13 Olivia Josephine SHILLING / Leo BAETEN BEL 147.40*
14 Paulina RAMANAUSKAITE / Deividas KIZALA LTU 146.38
15 Maria Sofia PUCHEROVA / Nikita LYSAK SVK 145.32
16 Olivia OLIVER / Filip BOJANOWSKI POL 132.96
WD Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA 201.44
WD Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY ISR 163.01

pearly

Record Breaker
Sorry if this is a repeat…is there a free stream for US?
There is a Russian social network called VK (sort of like Facebook) and there is a group which provides free streams of competitions. You need a free account to access it. https://vk.com/figure_skaters_ru

It's ridiculous a sport with so little followers as it is is getting behind a paywall.

I see Grassl is still on the list, has his doping test issue been cleared up?

icewhite

Record Breaker
There is a Russian social network called VK (sort of like Facebook) and there is a group which provides free streams of competitions. You need a free account to access it. https://vk.com/figure_skaters_ru

It's ridiculous a sport with so little followers as it is is getting behind a paywall.

Nope, not cleared up, and the deafening silence is driving me wild. How can this not be talked about big scale? Why is nobody investigating whether he did or didn't miss those tests? After all he was no1 in the world's ranking not long ago, sure, not the biggest star of them all, but one big enough to have some meaning, one would think...
I'm assuming he did miss those tests, because if he didn't, surely there would have been a more official statement by the Italian side by now.
However, even if he did it takes some real time until a ban is official, so unless he is suspended temporarily he would still be okay to compete... while in the other case, if he just left his coaches recently, he might also just not be fit to compete yet, so I think whether he's on or not on a list doesn't tell us much.

sk8coachus

X Comp. Skater
On the Ice

Unfortunately there is a risk in using sites like that here in the US. So we have to use Mainstream or wait for the comps to show up on YouTube Ch1 links that you post here. 😧 Apologize to everyone if it’s a repeated question for always asking for a US link! Just anxious to watch here.

Ivana

On the Ice
Nope, not cleared up, and the deafening silence is driving me wild. How can this not be talked about big scale? Why is nobody investigating whether he did or didn't miss those tests? After all he was no1 in the world's ranking not long ago, sure, not the biggest star of them all, but one big enough to have some meaning, one would think...
I'm assuming he did miss those tests, because if he didn't, surely there would have been a more official statement by the Italian side by now.
However, even if he did it takes some real time until a ban is official, so unless he is suspended temporarily he would still be okay to compete... while in the other case, if he just left his coaches recently, he might also just not be fit to compete yet, so I think whether he's on or not on a list doesn't tell us much.
With how quickly the Italian fed had him removed from the Budapest Trophy start list I strongly suspect he will be off the list at Nepela after tomorrow's draw. If he missed those three tests he is immediately banned from competing, there is no time window in which he can compete. The only explanation why he is still on the list for Nepela can be that he has a hearing one of these days and they are still hoping that he will get cleared, so they are keeping their options open.

icewhite

Record Breaker
With how quickly the Italian fed had him removed from the Budapest Trophy start list I strongly suspect he will be off the list at Nepela after tomorrow's draw. If he missed those three tests he is immediately banned from competing, there is no time window in which he can compete. The only explanation why he is still on the list for Nepela can be that he has a hearing one of these days and they are still hoping that he will get cleared, so they are keeping their options open.

Thanks, you are right. So weird that there is no announcement.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That's what I thought too...

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Unfortunately there is a risk in using sites like that here in the US. So we have to use Mainstream or wait for the comps to show up on YouTube Ch1 links that you post here. 😧 Apologize to everyone if it’s a repeated question for always asking for a US link! Just anxious to watch here.
Are you sure you are in the right thread? Mainstream and Channel One are for Russian local events, they will not broadcast or upload anything from the ISU Challenger Series.
There is no "free" stream for this event, neither for the US nor the rest of the world. You can either pay for the official stream linked in the OP or watch a pirated version on vk as mentioned above.

Ivana

On the Ice
I'd vote no Grassl as he is missing on the summary from FISG, but the odd thing is why FISG does not report this to the organizers? Mariia Seniuk (ISR) and Julia Lang (HUN) were removed from the entry list during the night, so clearly if they had the info that he is not coming he would have been removed too. At least the draw tonight will finally end this discussion. :biggrin:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
they haven't made the draw yet. that's when it's best to look if you care about predictions :)
What time is the draw? Also, what happens with prediction contest if he does participate, but then his result is later invalidated?